Cyber Sleuth March Update Adds New Digimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
News that will excite Cyber Sleuth fans! On March 10th at 4pm (Japan time) the game will be updated to version 1.04.

Edit- Bandai has confirmed this update will also be in the USA on March 10th.

We don't know if this will fix any of the text issues yet, but it's adding new Digimon, more than a few of which Savers fans will be happy to see.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

First up we have ShineGreymon Burst Mode.

Second up we have MirageGaogamon Burst Mode.

You may be able to guess who the next two are...

Rosemon Burst Mode!

And of course...

Ravemon Burst Mode!

So this update adds the final forms to the 4 Savers/Data Squad lead Digimon. The normal versions of these 4 Digimon were in Cyber Sleuth previously.

Then we have a few more, who some of you may be less familiar with, so I'll explain who they are...

Valkyrimon! Generally seen in various bits of media as an evolution of Silphymon, best known from Digimon Adventure Zero-Two.

Next up is Darkdramon! Considered to be one of the stronger Digimon, Darkdramon is often said to be the strongest weapon (or the weapon of last resort) of the digital army known as the D-Brigade! It's often mentioned that it is after a target codenamed... Ban-tyo.

Which comes into play for the last new Digimon for this update...

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Chaosmon! Much like Omegamon, who is a combination of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, we have Chaosmon.

Unlike Omegamon though, this is a combination of BantyoLeomon and Darkdramon, and it isn't nearly as stable as Omegamon (Chaosmon's profile tends to often state that unlike Omegamon, who had both of his predecessor's digicores combine into one, Chaosmon still has both of his predecessor's cores.)

So if you were done with Cyber Sleuth it appears you will have a reason to come back.

Edit- It appears based on comments from Bandai and a few other news sites you will indeed have to complete missions to get the new Digimon.

Update- This patch appears to also fix the voice over issues that have shown up in the game. No info yet if it fixes any of the text box issues.

Thanks to Famitsu for the news.

breaker335

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy shit these are awesome! I really need to get this game!

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sweet, so US version soon will come to us as well.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bet Darkdramon's evos will be Cyberdramon and Virus Perfect machine types. Pleased to see Cyber Sleuth still going on.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here are the special attacks they're using in those photos.

ShineGreymon Burst Mode - Final Shining Burst
MirageGaogamon Burst Mode - Full Moon Meteor Impact
Rosemon Burst Mode - Aguichant Levres [Sexy Lips]
Ravemon Burst Mode - Dotou Yami Kumo no Mai [Dark Dance of Raging Waves Following Mourning]
Valkyrimon - Fenrir Sword
Darkdramon - Dark Roar
Chaosmon - Dark Prominence / Haouryoudanken [Supreme King Bisecting Blade]

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they will fix some of the balancing issues.
There's also this weird bug in the non-Japanese version where pretty much any Digimon has a chance to poison with a regular attack.

Last edited:

AiM&4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hooo boy, looks like they're trying to renew the hype for digimon seeing how the anime is coming up and hyping up next order

Kudos to you bamco for making me happy :D

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they will fix some of the balancing issues.
Unless it's a fighting game with limited numbers of characters, 'balancing issues' have never bothered me.

Not even that often in fighting games to be honest.

MVC2 was awesome, and it was unbalanced as shit.

Attacks fill up half the screen, damage flies everywhere.

It's fun.

Kataphrut

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh that's cool! A someone who has all of the Savers Megas (and uses all 3 bar Ravemon regularly), and who put a lot of effort into getting Silphymon only to be stuck with Houomon as an evolution option, it feels like this update was made with me in mind.

Hopefully we get an English version soon. And say what you will about that version, it seems to have given this game a real shot in the arm.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bamco you can't do this to me man, I just got off Sakurai's wild ride (Smash 4), my heart can't take more DLC hype.
(that's just a joke of course, bring on the free updates and let me savour the taste!)

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well it surely raises the likely hood of more updates, Crimson Mode would be absolutly awesome
i also would like Lucemon SM mode changing to Larva mode, with a potential pierce skill. the line is lacking in alot of departments :(

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't unsee this face on darkdramon's weapon and it's making me laugh.

It also happens to be my face when I saw this update. I'll never be content with the amount of Digimon in a game because I love all the Digimon so much, but this makes me happy. I'm especially happy we have Valkyriemon because now we have the 02 jogress evolutions! Burst Modes and Chaosmon are always great to see too.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But DORUGoramon? TT TT I wonder if they will release UltimateChaosmon? I'm really hope Valdurmon will get appearance since Sleipmon is there.
It completes all the sets of every anime series: 01, 02, Tamers and Savers but Crimson Mode...

TheBiggestDreamer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so excited for this. I put the game down as soon as I finished the story so that I have stuff like this to unlock.

GFNiklas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they add more child, adult and ultimate digimon, like Chimairamon, Devidramon, Baalmon, Doumon, Youkomon, Psychemon or Dianamon's line.
Even Dukemon Crimson Mode, VictoryGreymon, ZeedGarurumon, BanchoLeomon Burst Mode and the Bio-digimon (BioCoatlmon, BioThunderbirmon, BioSpinomon,...) would be very cool.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news post with confirmation from Bandai that we will have this on the 10th.