Cyber Sleuth & Hacker's Memory Pass 1.5 Million in Sales, Plus Game Sale

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Japanese Digimon Game Twitter has posted a sales update for Cyber Sleuth!

Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory have sold over 1.5 million copies together worldwide.

This would also seem to clarify prior information they gave that didn't always say 'what' they were counting as far as numbers went for Cyber Sleuth sales. Every Japanese copy of Hacker's Memory included the original Cyber Sleuth as a bonus, and at times they were referring to Hacker's Memory as a 'chapter' of Cyber Sleuth when discussing performance, etc., so numbers were often taken as wildly different since they hadn't clarified 'what' the sales were of.

We take copies sold to mean any single purchase of Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory, or Complete Edition, whatever form that purchase was in.

Update- While it wasn't in doubt that it was counting physical and digital, Bandai-Namco SouthEast Asia tweeted their 1.5 million sales message and specifies that it was physical and digital.

In addition, they also announced sales for various Digimon games...

In Japan Hacker's Memory on PS4 and Switch is on sale (the equivalent of our Complete Edition), along with Decode on 3ds, and Next Order on PS4.

In the US the Nintendo eshop has Complete Edition for Switch for $25 for those who want it digitally.

The Steam version is often on sale, so it joining later wouldn't be a surprise.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition for Switch is on Amazon if you want it physically: (Affiliate link)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch)

Attachments

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is some nice Digimon game news to counterbalance the Survive delay announcement. 1.5 million is a great number for a more niche series! I love the CS games, and I really appreciate that it made people start paying attention to Digimon games again, especially in the West.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't the tweet say "worldwide shipments"? that wouldn't include digital sales, which would discount the entirety of PC, western Vita, and probably at least half of the sales - as it's only presumably counting only disc copies sold. If so the actual number could be double that. I guess it's vague enough that it could just be all, including digital, but that's not what I take from it.

if it's all copies, and the previous 800,000 was both CS+HM, rather than only CS, then that would mean Switch+PC added 700,000 extra sales.

I'm very happy it's sold well, and I do indeed hope this is disc only so that the "true" number is higher (companies tend to go by physical sales rather than digital+physical)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't the tweet say "worldwide shipments"? that wouldn't include digital sales, which would discount the entirety of PC, western Vita, and probably at least half of the sales - as it's only presumably counting only disc copies sold. If so the actual number could be double that. I guess it's vague enough that it could just be all, including digital, but that's not what I take from it.

if it's all copies, and the previous 800,000 was both CS+HM, rather than only CS, then that would mean Switch+PC added 700,000 extra sales.

I'm very happy it's sold well, and I do indeed hope this is disc only so that the "true" number is higher (companies tend to go by physical sales rather than digital+physical)
You need to stop throwing words like 'presumably' into your statements, when they are often you guessing with no information, often while ignoring basic logic.

It's a terrible attempt to reach.

They are not crowing about sales numbers and ignoring digital sales. (And no, companies don't tend to 'just' go by physical sales for games when talking about sales numbers for the games.)

The game has sold over 1.5 million copies, period.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
when I recommend Digimon to people, these are my defacto starting point I recommend as Adventure and Tamers can be dated and hard to find legally. The modern Story formula, as sterile as it can be at times, can keep newer fans in while fanservicing the older fans and while I don't care much for the first Cyber Sleuth's story, Hacker's Memory got me so invested in its story and hopefully these games can also invest new fans in being interested in the worlds of Digimon as well. I'm so glad these games exist and I'm very happy to see their success!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I truly loved those games. Instant Favorite for sure. Although I wonder why I brought both versions of those series (Vita and PS4/english/japanese)... Never bothered to sell. Never. EVER.

But to be honest, I'm surprised those games are still going strongly since their releases.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Noice.

That sale might be handy as I still need to get Decode. :unsure:

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
IIRC in that dev diary video they released like a year ago Habu said CS had sold 800k (this before HM released) And he didn't specify if he counted Hacker's Memory in that number which means that 700k has been added to that, if that is just from Complete Edition then that's very good that it increased sales hat much , if it's the combined sales of Hacker's Memory and complete Edition not so good because it would kinda mean that sales are on decline again.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is wonderful. Glad it's selling like this. Maybe I can find a copy for X-mas this year.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loved cybersluthe but my beef with combat is that type and elements had too much of an emphasis on damage calc over pure stats like the old ds games