MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is disappointing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is no longer listed on the North American Playstation Store.

The game was available digitally for both Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita via the store since it's release in 2016.

When searching the North American Playstation Store Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hackers Memory is still listed for both systems, and Digimon World: Next Order is still listed for Playstation 4.

The Vita version of Cyber Sleuth was digital only, but the PS4 version was released physically and is still available, and on sale at Amazon: (affiliate link)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for Playstation 4

Hacker's Memory for Playstation 4 is also available physically and is on sale: (affiliate link)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hackers Memory for Playstation 4

At the moment it isn't clear if the removal of the games digitally is temporary, permanent, etc. and whether the physical PS4 version might go out of print.

Thanks to various people for sending this in.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For people who still want the game digitally:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0700-CUSA03185_00-DSCSBERSLEUTHD01

It's currently on sale in the EU (UK version), for £9 until the 18th of January. It's possible then that afterwards the EU will kill it off like the US have so if you want it, it "might" be the last time you can pick it up.

Getting the EU version also comes with all the DLC as well, so that's a nice bonus.

People in the US can get it if you make a EU account. Then you can play it on your US account, provided you set your EU account as the "home" account. If you do to this, be sure to get a EU Hackers Memory as well so you can transfer your save file.

edit: here's the PSV version, which is also on sale but at £6. https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0700-PCSB00861_00-DSCSBERSLEUTHD01

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is concerning. I hope this is only temporary and the game becomes available again soon, but I can’t even imagine why this would happen in the first place.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It isn't really new for Bandai, they delisted All-Star Rumble in Europe at the least, and from what I read elsewhere they've delisted games from Naruto, One Piece, DBZ and Jojo in the past. Cyber Sleuth is a weird one to do though, its like the main game people buy now so unless they really want people to buy HM, and maybe too many people were buying CS, meaning they weren't getting as much money, so killed it off in favour of HM. Whatever the matter, it's a worry yes - like, it could effect Survive for example.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is such an odd thing. What could the benefit of delisting digital products be? I'd imagine getting your games listed would only cost once (if at all for a big company) for a permanent listing.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is such an odd thing. What could the benefit of delisting digital products be? I'd imagine getting your games listed would only cost once (if at all for a big company) for a permanent listing.
There's also having to pay or online servers, so maybe no one was using them in the US so they just pulled the game, but then they should've just removed the ability to fight online if that was the case.

Bandai US, EU, and SEA all seem to be different branches and independent of each other and its pretty weird.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sucks and is also weird. But Sony has been weird recently. In various levels of weird.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so sad. I mean, Cyber Sleuth marked the new era of Digimon games coming again to the West after Digimon World Championship. The only reason I can think of is in order to promote Hacker's Memory sales. There are still many people that don't understand they are completely different games and stories.

Astrothunder

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any chance that Toei might be to blame for this? They've been throwing a fit over DBFZ lately and getting tournaments cancelled.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's possible but then you have to wonder what's going on with them. And that's a much longer topic.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai own Digimon, Toei just liscence for the anime. Pretty sure that's how it works. Dont think they have anything to do with the games unless I'm wrong

Digimon ASR was removed like I said, so it must just be a Bandai thing

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai have pulled some other games from other series this week. Looks like Bandai are just being Bandai and like to remove games. Guess we know its not exclusive to Digimon now

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai have pulled some other games from other series this week. Looks like Bandai are just being Bandai and like to remove games. Guess we know its not exclusive to Digimon now
Do you know what games were removed this time?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you know what games were removed this time?
Most recntly from Bandai, a JRPG called A.W. Phoenix Festa was removed shortly after Cyber Sleuth.

It too was released in 2016.

Next Order may only have 1 year left.

Not too long ago (September) they removed One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. (this was before Cyber Sleuth tho)

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
welp. its been delisted in europe now.

at least we got a few extra months compared to usa.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... wait...
*scrambles to check DLC list*
Yes, I remembered to re-download it. That's a relief.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... wait...
Actually, how delisting works only disallows new people from buying it. Even if you had deleted it before, you would still be able to DL it from your previous time of DLing it as the files are connected to your profile, or whatever.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... wait...
Actually, how delisting works only disallows new people from buying it. Even if you had deleted it before, you would still be able to DL it from your previous time of DLing it as the files are connected to your profile, or whatever.
Well I originally got it on my brother's account. The version I got was with a code in a physical copy. Not sure if that makes a difference. In any case, I had the Cyber Sleuth Theme set to my menu, so I should've figured I had them.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... wait...
Well I originally got it on my brother's account. The version I got was with a code in a physical copy. Not sure if that makes a difference. In any case, I had the Cyber Sleuth Theme set to my menu, so I should've figured I had them.
I did the same actually, on PS4. I bought the game myself on PSV, then my brother got in on PS4 and so I used his profile to put it to my PS4 as well. Problem with that is though, if you didnt do it with yours and still haven't (as in bought it yourself), then the second his profile is no longer the "home" profile on your system, it will remove the game. Well, it'll still be there but wont be able to be loaded. that's what mine is like right now lol. its on my system but my brother changed his home console to his GFs, so I can't actually load it any more. They broke up, but I don't care enough to take my console to his house to have him log in again etc lol, cuz I have Hacker's Memory on disc.

so yeah, youll lose access to it if your brother changes his "home" based on what youve said here.