Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition General Discussion

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition is out on Switch and PC!

This is a general thread to post thoughts, questions, etc. that don't need their own thread and don't make sense for news threads.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition contains both games, along with the various DLC that had been released for both.

It also allows various elements to be imported between the games.

Our review/breakdown of both the Switch and PC versions can be found here.

If you want to buy the game in the US...
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition for Switch is currently available to order for $50 on Amazon: (Affiliate link)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch)

Nintendo eShop orders for the digital version should open shortly at this page and on your Nintendo Switch.
The PC version can be purchased on Steam directly.

jaws_is_ra

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got to were you can get the DLC and all I got was the NX digimon and the items. No special Agumon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone with the English European and/or English Asian version able to confirm whether they have Noir or Ciel?

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have this theory that Arata is CS's version of the guy whose dad messed things up in re:Digitize, and Yuugo is the equivalent of the guy with the Mega level Digimon from the start. I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of Cyber Sleuth, and will delve into Hacker's Memory only after I finish with this. The supersampling results in my computer going between 30 and 60 fps in some regions of the game. I think I'll have a much better experience playing it in 2K, but it won't look as nice as 4K, I imagine. I chose Terriermon, in case anyone is wondering.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have this theory that Arata is CS's version of the guy whose dad messed things up in re:Digitize, and Yuugo is the equivalent of the guy with the Mega level Digimon from the start. I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of Cyber Sleuth, and will delve into Hacker's Memory only after I finish with this. The supersampling results in my computer going between 30 and 60 fps in some regions of the game. I think I'll have a much better experience playing it in 2K, but it won't look as nice as 4K, I imagine. I chose Terriermon, in case anyone is wondering.
What Sistermon does your game have? IIRC your version of the game falls under EU (the OG DSCS and HM did at least)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So as some people have noticed, this "Complete Edition" of Cyber Sleuth still comes with Sistermon Ciel instead of Sistermon Noir.
Luckily this change/censorship is easily reversible with a single easy step.

Go to the installation folder of the game (it should be <Location of your steam installation>\steamapps\common\Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition) and in the folder "resources" find the file "DSDBA.steam.mvgl". Simply rename it to something else (I've renamed it to _DSDBA.steam._mvgl) and your Sistermon Ciel will turn back into Noir.

This should not mess with your save file or other gameplay stats in any way.

(Besides Sistermon Noir, the file contains some other changes as well, mostly related to content themed with the "Tower Records" brand which in the international version was renamed into the generic "Shibuya Records". Renaming the file will restore the original references to "Tower Records" on various textures as well.)

Viktor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a terrible luck and the site I pre-ordered the physical Switch game from apparently was supplied less stock than they expected so they had to backorder it for me. Same with another website I tried to order from. (I collect physical games whenever I can so I don't want to download the game)
I'm double dipping since I already have the games for the PS4 (I haven't even opened Hacker's Memory yet...) but it will be more comfortable for me to play on Switch. Shame that the game doesn't come with the special Agumon it seems, but eh, you couldn't do much with those anyway.
Fingers crossed that Digimon World also comes to Switch at some point! Though if it doesn't guess I will have a reason to play the one I already have for the PS4 haha.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a terrible luck and the site I pre-ordered the physical Switch game from apparently was supplied less stock than they expected so they had to backorder it for me.
Same here, they told me that they expect to have the game around Nov. 7th. But I'm not really upset, because I already don't have the time to play games (and still didn't finish Link's Awakening), so I'm not sure if I will even start this game in this year. Especially that a week later new Pokemons are also released.

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I went for the digital version on switch. Sadly the frame rate drops in populated areas of Eden but apart from that its graphics are great and im loving the game play more than I ever thought I would! I chose terriermon at the start same as p much everyone else😂 he's now a shakoumon though :p
Also a little bug (?) I found is that when your switch is in sleep mode with that game running it counts thOse sleep hours towards your total game time
Edit: also the "twin skills t-shirt" has a skull design so I guess it was meant to be called twin skulls?

Last edited:

mgsthebest

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does renaming this file doesnt do any harm to the game i saw it doesnt change her name to noir but besides that is this file like extra?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does renaming this file doesnt do any harm to the game i saw it doesnt change her name to noir but besides that is this file like extra?
Yes, leaving the file out is harmless. All it does is overwrite some assets. The way cyber Sleuth deals with the censorship seems to be that if two archives contains files with the same path it will use the file defined in the most recently loaded archive. This way none of the censored assets were actually removed, simply overwritten. Removing the file containing the altered assets, and the game simply falls back to the originals in the main archive.
I believe any names and messages are defined in a different archive, so the file probably has no influence on that.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can manually rename your Digimon, so nickname her to Noir.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The main thing I wanna know is how Agunimon and Lobomon work in the original. It's seeming like they're only obtainable after you beat both games, then transfer then over.

Takeshi55

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it possible to change vanilla Agumon into one of the costume Agumon?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it possible to change vanilla Agumon into one of the costume Agumon?
No. Costume Agumon isn't available in this version, and if he was - it's a separate "species".

You also lose the costume upon evolving, so it wasn't really worth anything in the first place.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am interested in trying Cyber Sleuth. Should I just order the PC version or should I invest in a Nintendo Switch and buy a physical copy of the game?

mgsthebest

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i hope a mod gets release that reverts the names of digimon to the original ones instead of using the american localization names