CR2032 battery leakage question

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How long does it take to have a battery that is left inside a Digimon device be it digivice or vpet to start leaking enough to cause damage to the device itself?

I have like 5 20th devices, a 20th Pendulum, a Pendulum Progress 2 and a Pen X 1.5, not to mention at least one of the new X1-3. All of them except the Progress 2’s and the Digital Monster X3’s batteries are dead.

Should I be getting a screwdriver right now and taking out all the dead batteries just to be safe? Cause I remember when I got the Progress 2 it was still using its old 15 year old batteries since the tab hadn’t been pulled out (I might have been smart and gave it a new one upon opening it but I don’t remember), but I seem to have read here that the tab being pulled out doesn’t matter for leakage.

How long does it take for a device to go bad due to battery leakage and once it does is there a way to clean it? If there is a way to clean it does it even matter if I leave the dead batteries in it or not?

I ask about cleaning because we moved to a different house last year and all my pedometer game digivices and my Pendulum X are missing in some random box in the garage and I haven’t been able to find them. Will they still be fine when I eventually find them multiple months from now? They’ve already been dead for two years on their own at this point.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the CR2032, ideally take them out, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you have any with LR44 or AAA batteries then do get them out. It's not just a matter of cleaning, it's corrosion, and not just on the bits the battery is actually touching. In extreme cases I've seen damage to the chain on the outside.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the late reply. Is there a list of vpets that use LR44 and AAA batteries? I feel like those are more rare, and I can’t think of any that use those batteries offhand. :/

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How long does it take to have a battery that is left inside a Digimon device be it digivice or vpet to start leaking enough to cause damage to the device itself?

I have like 5 20th devices, a 20th Pendulum, a Pendulum Progress 2 and a Pen X 1.5, not to mention at least one of the new X1-3. All of them except the Progress 2’s and the Digital Monster X3’s batteries are dead.

Should I be getting a screwdriver right now and taking out all the dead batteries just to be safe? Cause I remember when I got the Progress 2 it was still using its old 15 year old batteries since the tab hadn’t been pulled out (I might have been smart and gave it a new one upon opening it but I don’t remember), but I seem to have read here that the tab being pulled out doesn’t matter for leakage.

How long does it take for a device to go bad due to battery leakage and once it does is there a way to clean it? If there is a way to clean it does it even matter if I leave the dead batteries in it or not?

I ask about cleaning because we moved to a different house last year and all my pedometer game digivices and my Pendulum X are missing in some random box in the garage and I haven’t been able to find them. Will they still be fine when I eventually find them multiple months from now? They’ve already been dead for two years on their own at this point.
What brand batteries are they?

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the late reply. Is there a list of vpets that use LR44 and AAA batteries? I feel like those are more rare, and I can’t think of any that use those batteries offhand. :/
http://lcd.withthewill.net/MainFAQ has most of the older ones. There won't be LR44 in anything more recent than that. AAA batteries can clearly only be used in devices large enough to fit them ;)