Cover Art Preview for Adventure 1999-2001 Blu-ray Box

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

With a few months to go until release, we have a look (2) at the cover to the upcoming Digimon Adventure 1999-2001 Blu-ray box!

The cover art is new artwork by Yukiko Iijima, who is credited for various art related positions in Adventure and 02 including art director, art design, and background design (these may have all been under the same credit, or changed from place to place, as various places seem to only list one of these at a time, etc.)

The side featuring Adventure has Koromon waiting for Taichi who is about to arrive in the digital world and we can see the traditional Adventure style digital world. The other side features Daisuke and Chibimon running and playing on the beach at sunset with various scenery reflected in the water.

The art for both sides is very different than what we've gotten for Blu-ray boxes in the past (although Daisuke 'is' running..) and give off a really calm, fancy, and classy look. They feel like they'd make great prints, so hopefully we see something like that used. And it'll be interesting to see if we get more art from Iijima in the set, as her art for the front and back of the box really looks fantastic.

Digimon Adventure 1999-2001 includes the Blu-rays from prior Adventure and 02 TV & Movie releases in one large box. New art will be used on the box and the discs will have new labels. The disc content themselves will be the same, and the included booklet will be made from re-edited existing material.

The box will be released on March 6th, 2021 (the day before the 22nd Anniversary of Digimon Adventure beginning.)

The price is given as an 'affordable price' for an anime Blu-ray box of this size (but still not cheap), 39,800 yen. This is under the cost of the standalone Blu-ray series boxes that Adventure, 02, Tamers, and Frontier each had (and also cheaper than the standalone DVD boxes the shows had gotten prior to Blu-rays.)

Pre-orders are currently open at CDJapan. (affiliate link)

More info on the set can be found here.
Information on store exclusives can be found here.
A few promo videos featuring music and key scenes from the shows can be found here.

Attachments

digitony

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you know if I can order this to be shipped to USA? Do you also know if it will be eventually dubbed in English?

I'd like to order one in Japanese and one in English.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you know if I can order this to be shipped to USA? Do you also know if it will be eventually dubbed in English?

The affiliate link above takes you to CDJapan, which will ship it to the US when it comes out.

There is no plans for an English release at this time. The box above is Japanese only.

SoulCoreAttack99

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The affiliate link above takes you to CDJapan, which will ship it to the US when it comes out.

There is no plans for an English release at this time. The box above is Japanese only.
Who knows? Hopefully someday a distributor like Shout! Factory or something else will be able to distribute or license Digimon anime series once more on DVD, and then later on Blu-ray!

Note: What do you think?

digitony

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally, I want there to be subbed versions of the original Digimon movie and Our War Game because America's Digimon: The Movie edited those to shorts together with Hurricane Touchdown, which I don't consider canon. I asked about it on Reddit if the Japanese releases of Digimon the Movies Vol. 1 and 2 were dubbed, but people don't think they were, which means there's no version of those shorts english audiences can enjoy through sub or dub. I'm hoping the new 1999-2001 set release will at least include a sub of the Japanese movies.

Also, Revenge of Diaboromon was once broadcast Dubbed on Fox Kids and there's no way to purchase that on dvd or bluray. I would love it if that was made available.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it was aired on Disney around the time they got Savers. It wasn't a bad dub either. Though that was probably only in the US.