Countdown to Data Squad

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the summer spewing heat at us all and Data Squad in the fall, we will be doing some special stuff.

Each month we will have reviews, a new theme, and some other stuff about a show a staff member picks that htey think Digimon fans will enjoy (different staff member in each month, I'm June, wooo)

Shows will be kept secret until the first of the month.

We will also do a few special podcasts (we already have 2 normal episodes done, just waiting to be edited)

And if the editor doesn't catch up...the special episodes will just be uploaded unedited. lol (A few special guests planned for these)

First special one is being recorded on friday.

The first one is a true anime classic.

And it has one of the main Data Squad actors in a prominent role (only clue on who is that its a MAIN person from Data Squad, and the actor has been someone else important in Digimon).

The original japanese cast of the show has a few Digimon alumni in it also, including an important character or 2.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMG, WHO IS IT?

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Each month we will have reviews, a new theme, and some other stuff about a show a staff member picks that htey think Digimon fans will enjoy (different staff member in each month, I'm June, wooo)"

If i get around to having one i have a planned one :D
hmm main person from Data Squad from what you've said i would imagin it to be someone who has been a VA before so it has to be one of the older VA's.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the plan is to go to september (so 4 people, with the 4 people already picked), but theres been talk of MAYBE going to the end of the year

but you might need to prod digistar since she has to do the banner work

and get show approval from me

we had to go thru half a dozen things for lost, the first one he demanded was what i had, and even after knowing that he kept demanding, then he suggested titus

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wow, now this sounds cool ^_^ cant wait for the podcast >_> wouldn't mind seeing what it would be like unedited though XD

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
we used to do that in the old chaos and friends podcast

....it was

the podcast we did last week which isnt edited yet, due to there being a 'guest' whom knows...about how much i do about digimon among other things, we went off on random tangents for a long time, we recorded for 2 and a half hours and MAYBE have 70 minutes of ACTUAL content, and the rest is going SO far offtopic that its scary

and dont get me wrong, i will do it, im just saying it might be so horribly bad that you might wanan gouge your eyes out, i constantly talk to much and interrupt with horrible trivia and laugh loudly, digistar laughs loudly, lost falls asleep...or watches star trek....or eats, seifer....'thinks' is on his phone, among others

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that sounds rather fun to listen to >_> I'm guessing if you guys get it edited, then that means taking out ALOT of stuff from the sounds of it XD <_<

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sorry for double posting (why is there no edit button o_O?)

after seeing the podcast stuff here, I decided to download again the podcasts and I am enjoying them ^_^ might put them on my mp3 player just to listen to on the train, so boring since I have an hour train ride just to get to college >_<

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=3335.msg52582#msg52582 date=1179989976]
we had to go thru half a dozen things for lost, the first one he demanded was what i had, and even after knowing that he kept demanding, then he suggested titus
[/quote]
Well, it wasn't consistently so much a demand as much as you chose the one I would have, so there was no reason/want for me to want to *really* choose anything else. Of course, everything else after that with the exception of the last two suggestions, were purely for my own amusement.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sounds interesting, i'm guessing one may be jeff

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would say the chances of one of our guests actually being Jeff is roughly 1:500. Considering we know he's currently in disposed of at the moment, and not forgetting that he has his own preoccupations as much as anyone else here, the likelihood of him being capable/willing to free up time for us is limited.

I don't fault him, though. As optimistic as I would like to be, I realize he's a working Joe like any of us, and one can certainly easily not have the time to commit to a diversion of this nature.

Plus, there's also the consideration that, if he has listened to the show, it may very well be too embarrassing to appear on it for him. I mean, if I more interested in caring about my image and how people thought about me, I'd probably be embarrassed by it myself.

Nebs

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A main Data Squad voice who's also done other important Digimon roles? I'd say that narrows it down to Colleen O'Shaughnessy, Crispin Freeman, or Brian Beacock. But I could be mistaken. ^^

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
'thinks'

theme will go up tonight if all goes well

just trying to decide if it should be made the default theme or not

any thoughts?