Could a live action Appmon series work?

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As some are already aware of, Appmon shares a lot of it's elements with other live action series such as the currently running like Ultraman Geed and Kamen Rider Ex Aid. Kamen Rider especially, which is also made by toei. In fact, I find the appli drive being very similar to the Rider Gashet in the way that it screams at you in a silly over the top voice and lets you link video game characters together while shouting "GATCHEN!!". only difference being that it changes the appearance of the human while in Appmon, it of course app links the Appmon together. It think Appmon is so similar to kamen rider in fact, that I'd say it fits smack in the center when it comes to how similar it is to kamen rider and digimon.

If you ask me I think Appmon would to pretty well in a real life setting if they ever wanted to go that route. At the very least, it'd no doubt be fun. They already have the 3d models of the appmon. If would of course look cheesy and silly but at the end f the day, so do most of these types of series. The cheesiness of them is kind of their charm

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they're making Tri into a stage play then I don't see why a live action Appmon wouldn't work.

Special effects have come a long way, especially in the Tokusatsu genre. The only thing I would be worried about is how the AR-Field would look.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai and Toei have done over-the-top screaming henshin devices before in Super Sentai, notably in Gokaiger (2011) and Kyoryuger (2013). Like Appmon, Kyoryuger also did the trope of the screaming voice being provided by the crazy genius grandpa who designed it.

I have no doubt that a live action Appmon could work, but it depends on if they have any reason to make it happen. I wouldn't think Toei would want to compete with themselves when they're already trying to up their game with Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

One of the early promos for Appmon was partly done in live action:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You mean like that Yokai Watch movie that was part live? But I think they'd have to do a lot of CG for small and huge Appmon and make suits for the human sized. But we do have Toku. So would we need it for a full series?