Coronavirus General Discussion, Suggestions of things to do, etc.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My biggest suggestion for something to do would be to catch up on some reading. If you don't have anything on hand, you can read stuff for free on sites like gutenberg.org and en.wikisource.org. If you don't know what to start with, here are some of the available works with connections to Digimon.

Dante Alighieri - Divine Comedy
Anonymous - Beowulf
Anonymous - Nibelungenlied
J. M. Barrie - Peter Pan, Peter and Wendy
Algernon Blackwood - "The Wendigo"
Edgar Rice Burroughs - Tarzan of the Apes, etc.
Lewis Caroll - Alice 's Adventures in Wonderland
Carlo Collodi - The Adventures of Pinocchio
Arthur Conan Doyle - "The Adventure of Silver Blaze" (read all the other Sherlock Holmes stories while you're at it)
Alexandre Dumas - The Three Musketeers, etc.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Faust Part 1
Jakob & Wilhelm Grimm - Grimm's Household Tales
Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan
Homer - The Iliad, The Odyssey
H. P. Lovecraft - "Dagon," "The Call of Cthulhu," "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," "Hypnos," "The Whisperer in Darkness," "The Haunter of the Dark," etc.
Christopher Marlowe - The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus
Herman Melville - Moby Dick
John Milton - Paradise Lost
Mary Shelley - Frankenstein
Clark Ashton Smith - "Vulthoom"*
Bram Stoker - Dracula, "Dracula's Guest"
Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's Travels
Various - One Thousand and One Nights
Wu Cheng-en - Journey to the West

Some of those are probably not for everyone, and there's a number of them I haven't read yet myself. If anyone's looking for reading recommendations beyond these, I'm always happy to share mine.

* The story was possibly an influence on Algomon's design, though I have no proof of that. Algomon being fought alongside Dagomon and Wendimon in Lost Evolution was what gave me the idea. Either way, it's an interesting story.

Last edited:

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was in self quarantine for about 2 weeks, I decided to just self isolate to not come into contact with anyone especially at work, because of fears of catching this disease.

I get an email from my job this morning as I prepare to go back, that someone on my floor has the disease. I will definitely not be going back, especially when the company I work for did nothing to clean up the floor today and just wants to resume business as usual. There are still people working there and that’s what scares me. I was so upset, that I’m debating whether or not to just quit at this point and because of how poorly this has been handled. They have been implementing a work from home plan, but they should have done this last month when the city went into a state of emergency.
Wow dang, you took the right choice not going in since someone in there caught it. I think not going back would be the right choice.
I took the rest of the week off, but while at home I’ve been looking for other jobs. The company I work for does pay rather well, but I can always find something else with my experience. I may just take a job at a warehouse for now, I’ve heard Amazon is hiring and there’s not one to far from me.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My biggest suggestion for something to do would be to catch up on some reading. If you don't have anything on hand, you can read stuff for free on sites like gutenberg.org and en.wikisource.org. If you don't know what to start with, here are some of the available works with connections to Digimon.

Dante Alighieri - Divine Comedy
Anonymous - Beowulf
Anonymous - Nibelungenlied
J. M. Barrie - Peter Pan, Peter and Wendy
Algernon Blackwood - "The Wendigo"
Edgar Rice Burroughs - Tarzan of the Apes, etc.
Lewis Caroll - Alice 's Adventures in Wonderland
Carlo Collodi - The Adventures of Pinocchio
Arthur Conan Doyle - "The Adventure of Silver Blaze" (read all the other Sherlock Holmes stories while you're at it)
Alexandre Dumas - The Three Musketeers, etc.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Faust Part 1
Jakob & Wilhelm Grimm - Grimm's Household Tales
Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan
Homer - The Iliad, The Odyssey
H. P. Lovecraft - "Dagon," "The Call of Cthulhu," "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," "Hypnos," "The Whisperer in Darkness," "The Haunter of the Dark," etc.
Christopher Marlowe - The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus
Herman Melville - Moby Dick
John Milton - Paradise Lost
Mary Shelley - Frankenstein
Clark Ashton Smith - "Vulthoom"*
Bram Stoker - Dracula, "Dracula's Guest"
Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's Travels
Various - One Thousand and One Nights
Wu Cheng-en - Journey to the West

Some of those are probably not for everyone, and there's a number of them I haven't read yet myself. If anyone's looking for reading recommendations beyond these, I'm always happy to share mine.

* The story was possibly an influence on Algomon's design, though I have no proof of that. Algomon being fought alongside Dagomon and Wendimon in Lost Evolution was what gave me the idea. Either way, it's an interesting story.
The Door into Summer by Robert A. Heinlein was also referenced in the CD drama 'Natsu e no Tobira'.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed it is! It's also referenced in Cyber Sleuth. But I didn't list it since it's still under copyright, and can't be found on the sites I mentioned. But if anyone has access to it or is willing to buy it, naturally they're welcome to read it as well.