Coronavirus General Discussion, Suggestions of things to do, etc.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The prior thread explaining the cancellation of the Kizuna screenings can be found here. (They've said they plan to reschedule, but the initially announced screenings are cancelled.)

A few different people wanted a thread to be able to discuss how they are keeping busy with various areas having 'stay home' orders due to Coronavirus (or just staying home in general), changes for them and others, and maybe just to post their thoughts, etc. so it seemed like it warranted a thread.

Any discussion of politics, trying to stir up trouble or arguments, etc. will simply be removed.

A few different things for people to do if you are finding yourself with more time than you are used to. (Various deals will expire, and we will try and add new things as possible. Feel free to toss in your own if you've seen anything.)

First, some free selections.

On Sunday at 2pm Pacific we will be doing a 'not quite' the WtW Podcast.

Original podcast co-host Victor will be returning and we will just be talking about movies, comics, games, etc. until we are largely sick of eachother. We don't intend to talk about Digimon too much, as there will be a normal podcast episode soon. It will be live here.

The WtW Discord is also always open to chat.

GOG has put up a page with all the free games in their catalog you can nab to pay. There are a number of decent titles here.

A number of games are currently free to own on Steam: (there are more, but this is some of the high points at the moment)
Tomb Raider (the 2013 reboot)
Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris
Drawful 2
Deiland
Headsnatchers

Pluto TV and Tubi are both decently known ad supported TV and movie streaming services, both have a decent amount of anime in their catalogs.

Audible has put up a significant amount of audiobooks up for free streaming.

Various services have extended free trials that may be worth looking into. There are to many to try and list, but feel free to suggest any you use, and if you know of any extended trial codes that work at the moment.

Our various leadups we've been doing in the leadup to Kizuna and Adventure: features a number of anime shows and films that we've provided streaming links to. (The link is to the most recent leadup, at the bottom of each post is a list of prior ones.)

A few options that will cost a bit.

A number of newer theatrical films will be made early for rental or purchase. The price thus far for these seems to be $20 across the board. We're linking to Vudu, but your digital movie store of choice likely has the same films and prices. Right now the lineup is Onward, The Invisible Man, The Hunt, and Emma, but more will be added shortly including Sonic the Hedgehog, The Way Back, Bloodshot, Birds of Prey, Trolls World Tour, and likely more.

Doom 64, the 'original' 3rd Doom game just got it's first port/re-release on PC for $5. If you don't want to play Doom Eternal yet, it's a great choice to try some Doom you quite likely have never played.

Humble Bundle has a number of bundles at the moment, with tiers beginning at a dollar, but a couple of interest:
Capcom Mega Bundle- A bunch of Capcom games on PC.
Fairy Tail & More- Fairy Tail and other manga by Hiro Mashima.

And also various places to watch Digimon at. There have been changes in these lately, so these could always change.

Starz has Season 2 and Frontier both on their own service, along with Starz add-on via various products (Hulu, etc.)

Outside of 02 and Frontier at Starz, there are still some decent options for some recent Digimon content including:
Xros Wars (and Hunters) at Crunchyroll subtitled
Appmon at Crunchyroll subtitled

tri. subbed and dubbed all over the place: (just posting a couple, as it's quite easy to find tri.)
Subbed at Crunchyroll
Subbed and dubbed on Blu-ray (affiliate link)

Fusion and Data Squad are also still available to purchase digitally from a number of storefronts for anyone who wants digital copies: (Amazon ones are affiliate links, others are not.)

All the Digimon TV DVDs are still orderable at Amazon at the moment, although a number of them are out of print, and will likely become harder as time goes on: (affiliate links)
Digimon Season 1 (Adventure)
Digimon Season 2 (Zero-Two)
Digimon Season 3 (Tamers)
Digimon Season 4 (Frontier)
Digimon Season 1 thru 4 Boxset
Digimon Data Squad
Digimon Fusion Season 1
Digimon Fusion Season 2

Attachments

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ve been rewatching Appmon, since I had never tried out the official subtitles on Crunchyroll. The subtitles are pretty flavorful with some very amusing phrasing at times, I rather like them. I have also been playing a LOT of Dragon Quest games and already torn through a good deal of my backlog of those. Good times are being had over here!

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what websites still offer Digimon anime legally?
There are a lot of sites out there, but my recommendations is to buy the whole seasons on Amazon or any other major supplier.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a list of places to watch Digimon content to the news post.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone else think that this will delay the release of survive and the ps5?

digicro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Playing Digimon world dawn with Coronamon and his line.:cool:

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Playing Digimon world dawn with Coronamon and his line.:cool:
Too soon! :p

I'm planning to rewatch Tamers and Frontier since it's been years. Also thinking of checking out X-Evolution as I've never seen the movie.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm re watching the appmon series and I will be playing pirate warriors 4 tomorrow aswell as working still so I'll be very busy.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, after having no milk availability for a couple weeks, I was finally able to buy milk again. So that's a thing. Stores finally added limits to many of the commonly hoarded items here.

Pokémon Go has been useful lately. Their Battle League is now freely repeatable with increased chances of the current legendary. Also, since most areas I'm aware of with stay-home orders in the US still permit being out for exercise like walking (incidentally also recommended by the CDC), it gives an excuse for some fresh air,

SentinelBait

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m finally watching Frontier and working on my Yamato/Tsunomon cosplay. Was going to wear it to the screening yesterday, but since it’s been canceled/rescheduled I’m taking the time to make it extra awesome.
new here but I’m assuming pics and stuff for that belong in a different thread lol