"Confirmed" or "null canon" Digital World locations?

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It sounds like you're saying that there are Digimon fans who will refuse to accept basic, non-controversial, objective facts even when those are pointed out, and then blaming an obscure facet of how the wiki organizes urls for this. That...makes no gotdamn sense to me.
Well... welcome to Internet, then.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It sounds like you're saying that there are Digimon fans who will refuse to accept basic, non-controversial, objective facts even when those are pointed out, and then blaming an obscure facet of how the wiki organizes urls for this. That...makes no gotdamn sense to me.
Well... welcome to Internet, then.
No, I get that there are people that stupid/in denial. No argument there. I'm saying it's lunacy to blame the url for that.
Here you go: http://imgur.com/a/V6GA1
Grazie!
About the accuracy of the wikis, it's the things that aren't cited that have to be watched out for.
No argument there. I'm constantly finding stuff that was added that needs to be removed, no matter how much we stress that people need to use citations. What I find silly is the implication that the Digimon wikis (wikia, wikimon, dmowiki, etc.) are the parts of the fandom that deserve an especial distrust, when they're the very engines that are quickest to implement corrections. EDIT: changed "wikia" to "wikis", annoying typo.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always thought the null canon was the literal world inside the original Vpets, Pendulums and Pendulum X. And some Digimon like Wizarmon are from the Digital World of the Witchelny Vpets, and Nanimon and Digitamamon are from the Digital World of the Tamagotchis. Almost as if the Digital World was really inside the virtual pets. I'm thinking that maybe Hyper Colloseum could be the Vpet/Null Canon as well as the first Digimon World too. It's so vague I don't know how anyone can try to make sense of it specifically like how people are trying in this thread. But basically the earlier you go back in the series the more it can actually make sense.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hesitant to bring up Hyper Colosseum but, admittedly, it seems to fit very well with the V-Pets/profiles. I perused some of the field cards, and you've got things like the Noble Arena and The Dark Aristocrat's Manison(which I have to assume is Vamdemon's, but his profile makes no mention of where he lives or resides). Are these places ever outlined as to where they're located?

The mansion card is St-223, and it came out in October 2000. Adventure Zero Two is concurrently airing. V-Pet wise, all of the Pendulum series has been released, as have the first two versions of the D-3s. And then you have whatever information is thrown on Digimon Channel that may or may not have been archived, and there's also the bajillion V-Pet guides. Many places for cross-information...

And since I brought up the D-3s, that is another thing that ties into locations/maps. The D-3 toys are the only V-Pets where Armor Digimon show up outside of encyclopedia-esque things such as the D-Terminal or DigiWindow. And then, of course, there are the multiple DRB profiles for all of them that mention Digimentals. Where are the Digimentals located? Folder? Web? Are they actually hidden in caves or shrines as it's portrayed in Zero Two, or is that Toei's creative license? The only thing I feel confident about is they're not on File Island, which is universally established as the "Intro to Digimon for Beginners" area. (It's kind of overkill how often it's mentioned "this Digimon as found on Folder is stronger")

And finally, File Island. Most of the maps look generally the same, which is nice. From the looks of it, the most you can say is "Infinity Mountain is on File Island." Everything else seems to stem from a game or the anime. Like, yes, there's a snowy area, and an industrial portion/city, and a beach, but actual names like "Freezeland" or "Overdell Cemetary" are specific to Digimon World or something else.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And since I brought up the D-3s, that is another thing that ties into locations/maps. The D-3 toys are the only V-Pets where Armor Digimon show up outside of encyclopedia-esque things such as the D-Terminal or DigiWindow. And then, of course, there are the multiple DRB profiles for all of them that mention Digimentals. Where are the Digimentals located? Folder? Web? Are they actually hidden in caves or shrines as it's portrayed in Zero Two, or is that Toei's creative license? The only thing I feel confident about is they're not on File Island, which is universally established as the "Intro to Digimon for Beginners" area. (It's kind of overkill how often it's mentioned "this Digimon as found on Folder is stronger")
This makes me wonder where are the Spirits located whether they are actually hidden in caves or factories as it's portrayed in Frontier or is that Toei's creative license.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This makes me wonder where are the Spirits located whether they are actually hidden in caves or factories as it's portrayed in Frontier or is that Toei's creative license.

Bandai probably doesn't even know. I think they keep it as vague as possible so other works of Digimon can use creative license without having too much contradictions or differences. Although I sure they exist, but the less specific they are the more artistic license they can use generally.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the "Zen and the Art of Digimon" brochure distributed by Bandai of America, it mentions the Far-East-End, where the DigiMonks live to raise and train Digimon. This has never been mentioned since. Is this Far-East-End canon?

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the "Zen and the Art of Digimon" brochure distributed by Bandai of America, it mentions the Far-East-End, where the DigiMonks live to raise and train Digimon. This has never been mentioned since. Is this Far-East-End canon?
EDIT: Misread the question a bit.

Well, if it's only mentioned just-the-once, then I would tentatively say it is canon, but only as world-building fluff. Best question in determining that - is the nullcanon elsewhere depicted as a world where society includes both humans and mons? If not, that would be somewhat of a point against there being some temple/monastery as an organized training grounds for Tamer-monks.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a pretty lengthy article, but I may have to read it in full. Good stuff and interesting history. And it points out all the problems with the anime's English dub, which always earns points in my book.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the bump, just thought this was relevant to this topic:

Can anyone clarify how the different locations across the entire franchise are related (if at all) to one another?

Curious because I remember someone here saying before all that the anime-only Digital Worlds (from Adventure to Xros Wars) were interconnected in space-time. Yet from the lore itself there's the null canon Digital World, plus from certain media there are the New Digital World and Digital World: Iliad. Are these all meant to tie in together somehow?

Are the Dark Ocean and Dream Dimension specific only to the Adventure-verse?

Do places like Witchelny and Nanimon's home count as their own Digital Worlds in of themselves, or are they merely parallel universes where the inhabitants aren't really "Digimon" as we know them since Wizardmon and Nanimon changed form when they crossed over?

The terminology is a little confusing too because from reading Wikimon some places are mentioned as being the Digital World of a different dimension (like Witchelny), while places like Iliad are described as being on a different server. Which doesn't help...

Would it be safe to suggest that these Digital Worlds are all merely iterations of the original from the null canon, and beings of sufficient power can theoretically traverse the different worlds?

?????

My head hurts just thinking about it. :p

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Witchelny is a different dimension, like Earth.
Iliad is straight-up a different Digital World.

Dream and Dark Ocean dimensions are Adventure-only

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@VanChizzle
Most of the questions you're asking we don't really have answers for. There are a few I can comment on, though.

Are the Dark Ocean and Dream Dimension specific only to the Adventure-verse?
Yes, as sirtao said. However, Dagomon's Ocean is part of what Adventure calls the Dark World, which is essentially just another name for the Dark Area mentioned throughout the franchise.

Do places like Witchelny and Nanimon's home count as their own Digital Worlds in of themselves, or are they merely parallel universes where the inhabitants aren't really "Digimon" as we know them since Wizardmon and Nanimon changed form when they crossed over?
Not sure if it counts for Bandai canon, but according to the Adventure novelization Wizarmon's form did change when he entered the Digital World.

Would it be safe to suggest that these Digital Worlds are all merely iterations of the original from the null canon, and beings of sufficient power can theoretically traverse the different worlds?
Well, we do know that certain Digimon can travel at will between universes, at least in some media. Whether that means all universes or not, there's no way of telling.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about Parrotmon? Although, this is a stupid joke of mine that I believe it supposedly is Peedy the Parrot from the Microsoft Agent application (of course, Bandai doesn't owned it, that's why it's a stupid joke) since it's mentioned in Parrotmon's reference book description that it came from a "different dimension".

Last edited:

mopa9000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about Parrotmon? Although, this is a stupid joke of mine that I believe it supposedly is Peedy the Parrot from the Microsoft Agent application (of course, Bandai doesn't owned it, that's why it's a stupid joke) since it's mentioned in Parrotmon's reference book description that it came from a "different dimension".
Then, I suppose what I'm asking about is the Digital World as established in the V-Pets? "Established," of course, being a messy term.

(And of course there are Digital Worlds that don't have Server; that's Adventure-exclusive)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the bump, just thought this was relevant to this topic:

Can anyone clarify how the different locations across the entire franchise are related (if at all) to one another?

Curious because I remember someone here saying before all that the anime-only Digital Worlds (from Adventure to Xros Wars) were interconnected in space-time. Yet from the lore itself there's the null canon Digital World, plus from certain media there are the New Digital World and Digital World: Iliad. Are these all meant to tie in together somehow?

My head hurts just thinking about it. :p
The Digiworlds are a multiverse, showing both in X-ros Wars, where the past goggleheads show up in the same show, and Ryo, which is in season 3, show up in season 2, with a young Ken. When Izzy show the 02 cast all the worlds are connected, show that these connections can cross. That is why the dark ocean is shown in season 2, and as well as the dreams that each 02 tamer had.

On the other part, Digimon does not only show this multiverse. https://wikimon.net/References_to_Digimon_in_popular_culture