Status
Not open for further replies.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh?
Reactions to the new diggles are kinda weird to me
I was afraid people would say they are too generic, since they are all very standard digimon designs.
I really dont know where this "they dont look like digimon" stuff comes from.
I saw people say stuff like that about Terriermon in the past too, and I just dont get it.
This happens about every time a new digimon is revealed, especially when they are anime originals. Pendulum z rookies were the only time people were universelly happy with all the designs.

If theses are legit people are gonna warm up to them once official art is revealed and we have more than just promocional materal.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, now i really fixed jellymon design.
16 minutes, just photoshop and paint (and im a garbage using those programs)
At least it looks like a real digimon partner, not a splatoon loli girlfriend.

E7lrmlAX0AY3CRc

It looks like a lilo and stitch experiment xD

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess when it comes to that Character design and the subtext.

I'd think it's maybe like Daisuke's grandpappy or someone.

Daisuke can then be a descendant of the first chosen child?

So it will be a new character with Daisuke as his archetype.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jellymon is fine, not everything has to be a "monster"

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jellymon is almost literally Calamaramon as a child. It is not at all an unusual Digimon design. Especially when you factor in Ranamon, Tinkermon, Lilimon etc.

If it were more bestial it would overlap far too much with Sangomon - your “fix” of it just looks like Sangomon without a hat.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh?
Reactions to the new diggles are kinda weird to me
I was afraid people would say they are too generic, since they are all very standard digimon designs.
I really dont know where this "they dont look like digimon" stuff comes from.
I saw people say stuff like that about Terriermon in the past too, and I just dont get it.

Come to think of it. I only joined WTW during Digimon Frontier so I was completely unaware of how Terriermon got treated terribly because I only saw Terriermon/Galgomon first on the english version movie.

But I can agree about Terriermon is odd it's really kinda Pokemon-ish. But having evo lines made him felt more of Digimon-ish.

I don't want to hype this yet coz it's not officially confirmed yet but God I can't help myself, please be real

Oh yeah. You joined here not such long time ago. You have to trust WTW here. I remembered it when Digimon Frontier scans first appeared, it was some damn good memories. AncientGreymon with odd color before the current design. And the humans were colored differently. Yup. It felt fake for leaks but until it turned out Digimon Frontier designs slowly changed over time.

So Digimon Ghost Game season seemed like those Digimon trio partner designs were already decided not changed over time... I wonder why?

I guess having new different animators and artists who were responsible for this, it probably gave different vibes. That's why it didn't feel like it's Digimon.

When trio partners show up with their official artworks will prove us wrong it's really totally Digimon vibes! Like the last times.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This initially screamed fanart to me but who knows. While I don't like or want either of the concepts, obviously if it's Digimon I will watch.

In the minority that would like Adventure 2020 to continue or have a sequel in the same continuity, rather than something completely different which Ghost Game sounds/looks like. Either way, guess we'll find out eventually.

riderdimension

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
you can spell it ジェリー instead of ゼリー

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't "Jellymon" be "zerimon" in katakana? Zerimon has been spelled as Jellymon in the past.
The Digimon's name is not based on "jelly" in the same way as Zerimon. It's based on "jellyfish", which the common Japanese romanization for is ジェリーフィッシュ.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmmm if their both real, its possible this is going to be a repeat of the tri & appmon scenario with 02 remake being split between movies with ghost game airing on tv in-between them

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given how many places have jumped the gun and framed this news as Absolutely Real, Definitely, if it is just fanart then the fallout from that is going to be hilarious.
Lots of websites, social media pages and youtube channels frequently post inccorect info, and then they just move on.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This community isn't as big as the Pokémon one, for example, which supports a lot of artists making fanart/fakes. This is far too elaborate, coincidental and sophisticated to properly fake.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, now i really fixed jellymon design.
16 minutes, just photoshop and paint (and im a garbage using those programs)
At least it looks like a real digimon partner, not a splatoon loli girlfriend.

[image omitted]

It looks like a lilo and stitch experiment xD

Please never ever say you FIXED a design. It's fine to dislike something, but saying you "fixed" it comes off as pretty pretentious and douchey.

I hope both are real. For the 02 movie, I wouldn't be surprised if the kid on the poster was actually Daigo, even though the hair looks different. And as for ghost game, I would definitely like a Digimon series with the tone of Gegege no kitaro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering why they're using a sea angel Digimon for the 02 movie when we already have MarineAngemon.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The new protag was reminding me of someone but I couldn't quit figure it out until today... My boy looks like Makoto Naegi's lost son!

same_by_industrialpanic_deobt25-pre.jpg

Maybe Ghost Game is actualy referring to the 54th season of the danganronpa killing game lol

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So...We're getting Digimon meets Stranger Things?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Movie I might believe a bit more. But the series? 50/50. Seems like it could happen but we'll see. You see this in a lot of things.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering why they're using a sea angel Digimon for the 02 movie when we already have MarineAngemon.
It could be a Clione but given the gardening context it could also be some root or plant Digimon that just also happens to have an ET-esque glowing heart.

If it is Hiroki, it would also fit for him to have a complimentary plant Digimon. Or even a Pipimon evolution . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.