Concepts you'd like to see as future Digimon

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Batmon, an Adult-level Bat Digimon who would be the link between PicoDevimon and Vamdemon.

And he would have a rivalry with Jokermon.
I find Pipismon fills the role rather well, his color scheme even closely matches Vamdemon.
I do like the idea about the rivalry with Jokermon.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Batmon, an Adult-level Bat Digimon who would be the link between PicoDevimon and Vamdemon.

Devimon pretty much fits the bill if we're to be frank.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to see the other 5 mega level Volcamons stated to exist in Pile Volcamon's Cyber Sleuth field guide (add Pile Volcamon to the reference book, Bandai!).
I'm mostly curious because Ancient Volcamon focuses heavily on the volcano aspect and Pile Volcamon focuses way more on Volcano Ota's sports outfits by having Pile Volcamon master all combat sports especially pro wrestling. This has me wonder what more possible aspects of Volcano Ota or Volcamon can be expanded upon when two major aspects already feel fully fleshed out? A professional singer Volcamon? A referee Volcamon? They would need to answer that across 5 whole character designs and it makes me curious how that would go

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, due to Adventure 2020's, they released few Kajiu monster based design inspirations to Nidhoggmon ("Snake version" of Godzilla), RareRaremon and Hydramon....

I just want a digimon with inspired design on.... Gigan. Because of this weird appearance, it's mixed of reptile, chicken beak, and space alien monster thingy creature. Digimon have tons of certain creatures like Elecmon, Patamon, Gazimon, Betamon, Gizamon, Terriermon, Tuskmon, etc with mixed and mashed appearances! Gigan's appearance could be perfect fit for this!

But... What could fit certain digimon(s?) as new evo line to match Gigan's future digimon design...?

I think DoneDevimon might be perfect fit as the "Joker" although there is no green color.

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to see a Digimon that's akin to the titular monster from Stephen King's It. (And no, Piedmon doesn't count.)

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd love to find out more about the Digital World's outer space. More Digimon like the Starmons, Grace Novamon, and Cyberdramon 2010 could tell us a lot about it

MangaB

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I made a post already but it was removed because I didn't realise you're not supposed to post links (whoops), but if you check out the Storied channel on Youtube check out their Monstrum playlist. My top picks, in no particular order, are Chupacabras, Medusa, Dullahan, Nuckelavee, the Kraken, and Baba Yaga, the Cockatrice/Basalisk, and the Banshee.
I'd also like to see the Kelpie as a Digimon, which would be cool.

MangaB

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh, a creature I've never heard of before! I like it!

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't there already a Cockatrice Digimon in Cockatrimon?

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always liked the idea of wolf with sword in its mouth, they should make a digimon around that and use fenrir as the base.

Note when I say this, I am thinking more in line with one of the dark souls boss and not the pokemon

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agreed. It always bothered me it completely lacked snake tail. I guess Manticoremon suffered the same fate but still Manticoremon is too savage and awesome!

I think he should have separate evo line for involving with turning enemies to the stone.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agreed. It always bothered me it completely lacked snake tail. I guess Manticoremon suffered the same fate but still Manticoremon is too savage and awesome!

I think he should have separate evo line for involving with turning enemies to the stone.

I think that's because it has more in common with a Cockatoo and a Brahma Fowl and only a vague resemblance to a Cockatrice.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about how it's strange that despite the Gabu-Agu duo having so many similar evos (Ancient, Zeed-Victory, Cres-Blitz, Gaomon SORTA counts I guess), there's no equivalent to SkullGreymon. WereGarurumon's a werewolf, so why not a more feral evolution based on the concept of lunacy?

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about how it's strange that despite the Gabu-Agu duo having so many similar evos (Ancient, Zeed-Victory, Cres-Blitz, Gaomon SORTA counts I guess), there's no equivalent to SkullGreymon. WereGarurumon's a werewolf, so why not a more feral evolution based on the concept of lunacy?

I could probably see that as a transitional form between Wendigomon and MadLeomon.

Honestly, Wendigomon is such an interesting partner digimon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that is a good point. But Agumon also had a remake in Savers. Or is Gaomon supposed to be that. Is that just supposed to be a one off?

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that is a good point. But Agumon also had a remake in Savers. Or is Gaomon supposed to be that. Is that just supposed to be a one off?
There are certainly a lot of similarities between the Gaomon line and the Gabumon line, but I don't think any direct relationship has ever been established. If anything, Gaomon has only been pointed to being a Gazimon sub-species.

Bogleech

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been thinking of this topic more than I usually do lately.

My dream line used to be a child stage flea, adult stage tick, perfect stage mosquito, ultimate stage basically a fly demon digimon ala Megami Tensei's take on Beelzebub. After a friend of mine drew their take on a Digimon Mosquito I've pictured this line based around it ever since. Another idea I had was the Ultimate actually looking like a shaggy mammal, but serving as an undead nest to many copies of the prior stages. Now I guess that'd be too much like Entmon maybe.

I'm surprised there's no Anglerfish digimon, which I think would make a great child stage and could have a full devoted evo line, maybe evolving down the cyborg to machine path to become a giant anglerfish submarine.

I'd also love a protozoa-themed Digimon line. It could stay the size of its baby stage, just changing shape and style, or maybe each stage multiplies the cell until the final stage is a whole cloud of amoeba.

Another existing Digimon I think should get a whole devoted line is Mushroomon. Every stage could draw from a different interesting real-world mushroom like the inky cap, the bleeding tooth, the octopus stinkhorn, lots of possibilities. It'd be equally cool for the Ultimate to be a big monstrous fungus or a Poison Mushroom take on Rosemon...maybe both? Maybe it's a fungus monster with a humanoid figure sprouting out. Maybe she'd kinda have a mushroom cap 'dress' but that's the real head/face.