Clockmon Preview for Booster Set 12

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster12clockmon_november2_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 12 Across Time. This time it's Clockmon.

Clockmon gets some rather detailed and very gorgeous art of it in a clock shop, with some nice lighting. Very very Hunters.

Previous previews for Booster Set 12 Dimensional Phase:

Booster Set 12 Across Time is out November 25th, 2022.

We have early detailed for Booster Set RB-01 Rising Wind.

We have early details for Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being.

We have early details for Booster Set 12 Across Time.

We have early details for Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase, Battle Pack 14, & Special Promotion Pack 2022 Version 3.0.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards
Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 9,466

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This being a white card with no pre evos feels a bit odd, makes me feel like Clockmon 2010/11/12 is meant to be its own thing after all.

Least it's amusing in that it can evolve to Sistermon Awakened due to being lv4 white.

Now to wonder if Old Clock Shop Man shows up since he'd be the first Digimon to be a Tamer...in the same set the first Tamer to be a Digimon comes.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This Clockmon is extremely beautiful and majestic. It really looks like a legendary artifact. It's going to look so pretty in foil.

I've always found it odd how there's a fully mechanical Clockmon and a jack-in-the-box esque puppet Clockmon.

Clockmon
Champion | Data | Machine
<Blocker>
[On Play] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Add up to 2 different colored Digimon cards with <Save> from among the revealed cards to your hand. Place the rest of the the revealed cards at the bottom of your deck in any order.
[On Deletion] <Save>.
-
Inherited Effect: [Your Turn] While this Digimon has <Save>, it gains <Jamming>.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is this considered a separate Clockmon?

I know it has different-colored clock hands, but I just assumed it was a feature of Clockmon to be able to put itself inside, since you can see it's winding key on top of this one and on the back of the regular puppet. (thus it just folds in)

Is how I interpreted it, anyway.

About the color of this card, I assume it's so that The Clock Shop man can be the one to use it, since it's effect seems to be a reference to giving Xros Loaders (brings out cards of different colors, like how it gives a blank one that the Hunter makes a colorful by accepting).

(Hunters being time-themed keeps being a big question mark for me. Is it just due to the fact it has the crossover episodes featuring the protagonists? And yet Quartzmon is also a reference to time itself, it feels underplayed in the show thematically).

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice. The art makes it look magnificent. Thanks for the artist. And it makes the card, the Clockmon feels more legendary in the set, as it is in the story.

Is this considered a separate Clockmon?

I know it has different-colored clock hands, but I just assumed it was a feature of Clockmon to be able to put itself inside, since you can see it's winding key on top of this one and on the back of the regular puppet. (thus it just folds in)

Is how I interpreted it, anyway.

About the color of this card, I assume it's so that The Clock Shop man can be the one to use it, since it's effect seems to be a reference to giving Xros Loaders (brings out cards of different colors, like how it gives a blank one that the Hunter makes a colorful by accepting).
From the last Digimon Journal, they put this Clockmon and Clockmon with humanoid body in the same page, but they didn't put Beelzebumon Tamers and Xros Wars in the same page. From that I believe they want to tell us this Clockmon is the same species of Clockmon but with different look.

They choose this Clockmon for the set as they should because thematically this is the right set.

Also, Pyschemon with skull tattoo and without skull tattoo have both appeared in the cards. So having two different looking Clockmon (with different colors) is just great. As always from DCG: love letter for every generation.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes sense to me, yeah.

2010 Beelzebumon also has different techniques and weapons, aside from being winged, so there are those other elements too.

Although the reference book can be quite a mess on how it organizes it's pages and what something having an entry means.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, it won't suprise me if later tri.'s WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Seraphimon, and Holydramon get their cards. As well as the nightmare Jyureimon from World and the WaruSeadramon with sunglasses from World and World 2.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say we should treat this as the same Digimon as original Clockmon the same way we treat the slightly redesigned Algomon Worm Phase as the same as original Algomon Perfect. The card game used art of both forms of the latter on variants of the same card.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, it won't suprise me if later tri.'s WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Seraphimon, and Holydramon get their cards. As well as the nightmare Jyureimon from World and the WaruSeadramon with sunglasses from World and World 2.
I could see how tri. WarGreymon has some design changes, but the others? Comparing pics of them, I just see mild differences in proportions. Is this supposed to be a "Xros Wars Lillithmon has an extra hairpin" sorta thing? Incidentally, I am left to wonder if there's meant to be any difference at all between VenomVamdemon and VenomVamdemon Undead, or if the latter's just the former in tri.'s artstyle.

I never realized that WaruSeadramon used to have black eyes. Though if we're talking about prior Digimon World designs, I'm sure some of us would love a revival of the original color schemes for Shamamon, Zassoumon, and some others.

Although the reference book can be quite a mess on how it organizes it's pages and what something having an entry means.
Yup. I recall discussing it in a prior thread, but it's odd that they can combine both of Splashmon's forms into a single page, yet something like Ginkakumon Promote has a unique entry. This is to say nothing of all the "Digimon+equipment" DigiXroses (though as I always say, I think that precedent was set by the ShoutmonX series, with the Star Sword being equipped or not determining an entire numbered difference between X3 and X4).

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could see how tri. WarGreymon has some design changes, but the others? Comparing pics of them, I just see mild differences in proportions. Is this supposed to be a "Xros Wars Lillithmon has an extra hairpin" sorta thing? Incidentally, I am left to wonder if there's meant to be any difference at all between VenomVamdemon and VenomVamdemon Undead, or if the latter's just the former in tri.'s artstyle.
It's not as distinct as WarGreymon but there are differences. We should agree beforehand that "design =/= style". Having different art style doesn't mean having different design. Agumon in tri. (that looks super slim and funnily like the hungriest Agumon out there) and Agumon in Adventure is the example of (just) having different styles. Also Falcomon (2006) in Savers and in Adventure:. that have different sizes. Savers has that huge style to begin with (which also interesting because we can always consider it referencing to the lore about digimon size that varies). But the 4 digimon I mentioned have different designs. Of course we also count Lilithmon in Xros Wars for that category. Actually I wanted to mention tri.'s Omegamon but Omegamon often gets treatment like this from time to time so I left it. Also, DCG has many designs of Omegamon.

Bit out of topic, in Last Evolution Kizuna, they changed the character style from Atsuya Uki's to Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's again, but they keep Omegamon design from tri. Which makes me wonder one time that we might see WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon in tri.s designs if they bring them in Last Evolution Kizuna.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NGL, I always preferred this design of Clockmon to the normal one.

Lovin' the art of him blending into the background of the clock shop. <3

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yup. I recall discussing it in a prior thread, but it's odd that they can combine both of Splashmon's forms into a single page, yet something like Ginkakumon Promote has a unique entry. This is to say nothing of all the "Digimon+equipment" DigiXroses (though as I always say, I think that precedent was set by the ShoutmonX series, with the Star Sword being equipped or not determining an entire numbered difference between X3 and X4).
Splashmon’s forms were likely never meant to be treated as distinct species since one is the true form of the other, it’s just that Xros Wars made said true form the DigiXros for some reason and people chose to not question it even though the Encyclopedia has always treated Splashmon as being a single species with two forms even when the DRB couldn’t support multiple images to a single page and thus used this to signify the fact:

Original_Splashmon_Profile_Image.jpg

Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I only care for digimon to have seperate reference book pages/wiki pages if there's seperate official write ups for them. So I wouldn't care for Tri WarGreymon to have its own reference book or wiki page as there's nothing more to say that won't just apply to regular WarGreymon but if they want to give closed top colored hands Clockmon its own lore over the piloted Clockmon then I'm all for it

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it’s just that Xros Wars made said true form the DigiXros for some reason
Well, the point was that it was using the Xros to bring together the bits of itself that had been spread out all over the place, as he very noticeably doesn't take in any Digimon or anything while changing form.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hm, it's right after Beelzemon X. I guess we're not getting Belphemon in this set after all. The missing purples are most likely gonna be Psychemon & Astamon, but unless it's SEC for some reason, we won't see Belphemon yet.