MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterset12preview_october14_2022.png
boosterset12previewtile_october14_2022.jpg

The Booster Set 12 Across Time page was updated on the Card Game website, with a preview of the packaging, which features Arresterdramon, ShineGreymon, Dukemon, WarGreymon, Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode, KaiserGreymon, and OmegaShoutmon.

We saw a preview of the art earlier on the Card News preview video, but it was too small to get a good preview of anything except Arresterdramon. As promised, it features the heroes of various past Digimon TV anime, with a lineup that functionally matches the main hero lineup from the end of Hunters.

The page also re-details the card distribution for this set...
112 cards total, made up of:
Common: 44 species
Uncommon: 30 species
Rare: 26 species
Super Rare: 10 species
Secret Rare: 2 species

There will also be 20 parallel cards in the set.

Previous previews for Booster Set 12 Dimensional Phase:
Chaosdramon X & Super Genocide Attack
Dobermon & Jokermon
Sales Sheet
Monimon & JetMervamon

Booster Set 12 Across Time is out November 25th, 2022.

We have early details for Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon.

We have early details for Booster Set 12 Across Time.

We have early details for Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase, Battle Pack 14, & Special Promotion Pack 2022 Version 3.0.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards
Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 9,029

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arresterdramon, EmperorGreymon, and whatever Shoutmon that is are the only things I'm excited to see. Other than that, this box art just makes me think it's going to be a boring set.
I like these digimon individually but cramming them all here? 😴

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arresterdramon, EmperorGreymon, and whatever Shoutmon that is are the only things I'm excited to see. Other than that, this box art just makes me think it's going to be a boring set.
I like these digimon individually but cramming them all here? 😴

Season 3 Mikey and season one Tai are new designs to the card game at least so 3 of the Tamers won't feel like wasted slots. If only the final forms come it won't feel as bad surely they won't take 80% of the set with the anime MCs. Gumdramon only takes 3 slots unless they come up with a Mega for him (I guess the fusion with GigaBreakdramon would be a lv6...but then GigaBreakdramon needs a card too and it's such a redundant digimon. Idk why they made it instead of just using regular Breakdramon. Be funny if that fusion ends up his only lv6 form tho. The brave snatcher stuff was folded into regular superior mode).

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but then GigaBreakdramon needs a card too and it's such a redundant digimon. Idk why they made it instead of just using regular Breakdramon.
Yet another reason why Xros Wars feels like they were just tossing things at a wall and hoping something sticks. Between GigaBreakdramon, HiMugendramon, ChibiKamemon, and maybe some others, is it any wonder why a lot of recent media is pretty much following the mantra of "Use what we already have"?

Thekey0123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but then GigaBreakdramon needs a card too and it's such a redundant digimon. Idk why they made it instead of just using regular Breakdramon.
Yet another reason why Xros Wars feels like they were just tossing things at a wall and hoping something sticks. Between GigaBreakdramon, HiMugendramon, ChibiKamemon, and maybe some others, is it any wonder why a lot of recent media is pretty much following the mantra of "Use what we already have"?
I mean they made it much more of a "Kids show" But for some reason put in that one Lilithmon fusion scene. The show seems to not know who it's intended audience is as it both tries to reinvent Digimon but also includes a bunch of pre existing ones just cause. At least 2020 knows it's target audience.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, with Arresterdramon at the center of the pack and the Beelzemon deck featuring Phascomon and Porcupamon I'm now not just 99%, but 99.99% sure we are gonna see Astamon and Belphemon in this set.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the box art digimon get new cards in the set or if theyll do alt art reprints for them, because otherwise the set would be like 50% red unless theyre gonna make gallantmon yellow or something.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still wonder what was going on with HiMugendramon. It really feels like they wanted to do Chaosdramon, but cut it out at the last minute and I don't know why that was even the case. It's not even like GigaBreakdramon or ChibiKamemon where at least their original forms already appeared in an anime series even if they're still ultimately redundant, Chaosdramon hasn't (and still hasn't) appeared in the anime at all so it being there is unnecessary.

Speaking of GigaBreakdramon though I hope they don't go too hard with the Xros Ups for this. On top of YH already having some Digimon that need a card, there's still some missing from previous series like most of the Death Generals, Belphemon, and the Burst Modes.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still wonder what was going on with HiMugendramon. It really feels like they wanted to do Chaosdramon, but cut it out at the last minute and I don't know why that was even the case. It's not even like GigaBreakdramon or ChibiKamemon where at least their original forms already appeared in an anime series even if they're still ultimately redundant, Chaosdramon hasn't (and still hasn't) appeared in the anime at all so it being there is unnecessary.
it reminds me a lot of the time in Adventure: 2020 when they both did and didn't give Tai's MetalGreymon a Machinedramon dark evolution so we got to see another red Machinedramon "not quite an evolution" fight things

Kaleidos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Season 3 Mikey and season one Tai are new designs to the card game at least so 3 of the Tamers won't feel like wasted slots. If only the final forms come it won't feel as bad surely they won't take 80% of the set with the anime MCs. Gumdramon only takes 3 slots unless they come up with a Mega for him (I guess the fusion with GigaBreakdramon would be a lv6...but then GigaBreakdramon needs a card too and it's such a redundant digimon. Idk why they made it instead of just using regular Breakdramon. Be funny if that fusion ends up his only lv6 form tho. The brave snatcher stuff was folded into regular superior mode).
Gumdramon can pretty trivially have an Ultimate without relying on its more random Xros Ups if they just do Gumdramon>Arresterdramon>Superior Mode>Brave Snatcher. Superior Mode did get its design retconned to have the Bagramon parts it normally gets when it becomes the Brave Snatcher version, but they're still distinct forms.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Idk why they made it instead of just using regular Breakdramon.
...did you not watch the episode it was in? It was Breakdramon previously. In fact, it was the Breakdramon that was previously shown in Xros Wars, for that matter. It got sidegraded into Gigabreakdramon because that one was previously supposed to be uncontrollable (as far as the people upgrading it knew anyway), so they added controls onto it, and also made it stronger.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gumdramon can pretty trivially have an Ultimate without relying on its more random Xros Ups if they just do Gumdramon>Arresterdramon>Superior Mode>Brave Snatcher. Superior Mode did get its design retconned to have the Bagramon parts it normally gets when it becomes the Brave Snatcher version, but they're still distinct forms.
The problem is that Superior Mode didn’t just get its design retconned to have the Bagramon parts, the two forms were functionally merged together as Brave Snatcher’s profile from Collectors became base Superior Mode’s Encyclopedia profile.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ngl, I don't know what to make of the background protagonist megas. In a way I hope most if not all of them are just alt-arts of older set cards like how we got UlforceVeedramon, Mastemon and Machinedramon in BT-11... but I doubt they would advertise those on the booster. Maybe it's just a reference to the Hunters finale and will result in a support card and not Digimon, but that doesn't seem right to me.

If they do go through with giving all those Digimon new cards, it kinda begs the question how they'll allocate them in colors. Too many of them fit into red. Imperialdramon is the only clear exception (and even then the black variant is purple/red). WarGreymon could be yellow, as they were hinting at a yellow Greymon's existence since Yellow Memory Boost. ShineGreymon also has a history of being yellow, but with Savers in mind I can only see him as red. Likewise Tamers Gallantmon strikes me more as red than purple.

But mostly I just don't like the idea of these Digimon getting new forms already, cause they were far from neglected in recent history.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...did you not watch the episode it was in? It was Breakdramon previously. In fact, it was the Breakdramon that was previously shown in Xros Wars, for that matter. It got sidegraded into Gigabreakdramon because that one was previously supposed to be uncontrollable (as far as the people upgrading it knew anyway), so they added controls onto it, and also made it stronger.
The original Breakdramon also had controls, Matadormon lands on his head and uses them to command it to attack Shoutmon X5. Giga is supposed to be stronger, but that's the only thing it has over the original, otherwise it's just Breakdramon with a new coat of paint.

Kaleidos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The problem is that Superior Mode didn’t just get its design retconned to have the Bagramon parts, the two forms were functionally merged together as Brave Snatcher’s profile from Collectors became base Superior Mode’s Encyclopedia profile.
Brave Snatcher wasn't actually in Collectors to have its own profile to begin with, that game merged both forms into a singular Superior Mode.

Regardless, that didn't stop them from receiving individual official arts and names to differentiate between them.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember when I first watched that episode. My initial reaction was pretty much "Yay! Chaosdra....... what?"

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Giga is supposed to be stronger, but that's the only thing it has over the original, otherwise it's just Breakdramon with a new coat of paint.
I finally get it now, people don't like Giga because it's a Guardromon Gold situation, they contextualized a recolor and people are mad because they hate recolors.

Don't really see the issue myself given it's not being used as video game roster filler though so.
Brave Snatcher wasn't actually in Collectors to have its own profile to begin with, that game merged both forms into a singular Superior Mode.

Regardless, that didn't stop them from receiving individual official arts and names to differentiate between them.
When they did put Superior Mode in the Reference Book it had a lot of the stuff the Brave Snatcher gave it, most notably the Bagramon connection.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally get it now, people don't like Giga because it's a Guardromon Gold situation, they contextualized a recolor and people are mad because they hate recolors.

Don't really see the issue myself given it's not being used as video game roster filler though so.
don't get me wrong, I'm not anybody complaining about GigaBreakdramon or recolors, but I feel like you got it backwards as I feel like more people are fans of video game recolors that come about from technical limitations of its time than they are anime recolors that don't have Citramon-esque reasonings to them and so come across as lazy.
I haven't seen anybody diss the (based) Guardromon Gold but you gotta admit that mostly comes from it being a modern digimon rather than a video game digimon

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GigaBreakdramon was a newly created robot using the same blueprints as Breakdramon. Unrelated Digimon using the same schematics