Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We first got a look at this art a few days ago in V-Jump.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And now that we have the 20th Anniversary pop-up shop key art large and clean it just looks even more amazing!

It's a truly great piece of artwork featuring the lead human and Digimon from every animated Digimon series.

The pop-up shop will be held at the Limited Base stores in both the Ikebukuro P'Parco and the Nagoya Parco between July 7th and July 26th.

We expect updates on the products very soon, but for now, here is the key art with the information for each of the stores.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

No doubt there will be an update on this subject very soon.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "too much tri." camp will be happy with the implications =P. Although Tai is still on there twice.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is one of those times where I wish I was in Japan for this, I have a feeling that there will be at least one thing I would want to buy from this. *Cries

Welp I suppose I can always find someone who's willing to get a hold of stuff in my place and I'd be willing to pay the shipping + add in an extra doodle or something out of goodwill.

I look forwards to seeing that product list.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only Daisuke and Haru don't show their Digivices. I guess they're the most hated characters.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes yes yes. This is so my new phone wallpaper.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "too much tri." camp will be happy with the implications =P. Although Tai is still on there twice.
Even though I am in the "Too Much Tri" camp, I'm still happy that Taichi is there twice. I mean, this is the first official picture which acknowledges all 9 seasons. Everything after Xros Wars, be it Hunter, Tri, or Appmon are kept being brushed off as "not actual Digimon season".

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YAAAY I really need to visit that shop so bad...At least, I hope we'll get images and stuff of everything.

Anyways, I couldn't be happier right now!! :) This is what Digimon is meant to be: a great Multiverse, instead of several separate generations sharing a common name.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I love this picture! It's nice to see Bandai really is trying to show some love to the franchise beyond Adventure.

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's not really much logic to the order in which they're displayed is there?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finding Nemomon said:
Only Daisuke and Haru don't show their Digivices. I guess they're the most hated characters.
Actually, Haru shows his AppliDrive on that other image.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finding Nemomon said:
Actually, Haru shows his AppliDrive on that other image.
He rather wants to show something, but someone decided that it will be better if he kept that thing in private or show it only to his significant other.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's seperate artwork, likely to be used in various products.

Daisuke's is off screen because it allowed the very nice placement of both him and V-Mon (if you had Daisuke on the left to show the D-3, and V-Mon on the right, Daisuke would get less overall space and look a bit weird with the crop.)

There actually is a nice logical placement to each placement.

Adventure and Appmon, the original and the newest 'shows' get the main centerpiece.

tri., the other active part of the franchise is center top (but a bit smaller since their characters are elsewhere.)

02 and Tamers also get positions at the top being the 2nd and 3rd show in the franchise.

Frontier and Savers (4 and 5) are on the right side, Xros and Hunters ( 6 and 6.5/7) on the left.

It fits together rather well.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I quite like the artwork (and I think they potrayed Taiki pretty well), I don't really like that they put Taichi from Tri. They artwork is meant to show us all of the google boys and the main protagonists. But is Taichi from Tri really the main character and a google boy? To be honest I can't tell who among the kids in Tri is the main character, but if I had to choose someone, I would choose either Koushirou or Takeru. Koushirou because in Tri pretty much he's the one that moves the storyline forward, and Takeru because he's the link between Adventure, Zero Two, and Tri (and unlike Hikari, he had much more screentime and been shown to have a rather mischievous sense of humour - and he is the character that changed the most in the series (from a crybaby, and super serious character to a mischievous devil)). And this why on that artwork we would have just two Agumons instead of three.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I quite like the artwork (and I think they potrayed Taiki pretty well), I don't really like that they put Taichi from Tri. They artwork is meant to show us all of the google boys and the main protagonists. But is Taichi from Tri really the main character and a google boy?
Taichi is definitely the main protagonist in Tri.

Not only because all the promotion shows it that way, but because Taichi's conflicts have been a constant in the four films (even if it did not go deep) and two future films will surely keep this.

Hikarunu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I quite like the artwork (and I think they potrayed Taiki pretty well), I don't really like that they put Taichi from Tri. They artwork is meant to show us all of the google boys and the main protagonists. But is Taichi from Tri really the main character and a google boy?
Masaru/Marcus is not even a google boy. I dont get your complaint..

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is nice. David being a bit cropped while I'm not sure people want to remember Tagiru. heh heh Really though, it's very nice and really wallpaper worthy.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Masaru/Marcus is not even a google boy. I dont get your complaint..
Maybe he isn't a google boy in the Savers, but he acts as one, and is a protagonist in that series.

That is nice. David being a bit cropped while I'm not sure people want to remember Tagiru. heh heh Really though, it's very nice and really wallpaper worthy.
I like Tagiru, finally a character that first thinks about himself, and then about others. He is not portrayed as other Digimon characters that are portrayed as flawless characters that first will sacrifice their own life, and then will think if it was worth that.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I quite like the artwork (and I think they potrayed Taiki pretty well), I don't really like that they put Taichi from Tri. They artwork is meant to show us all of the google boys and the main protagonists. But is Taichi from Tri really the main character and a google boy? To be honest I can't tell who among the kids in Tri is the main character, but if I had to choose someone, I would choose either Koushirou or Takeru. Koushirou because in Tri pretty much he's the one that moves the storyline forward, and Takeru because he's the link between Adventure, Zero Two, and Tri (and unlike Hikari, he had much more screentime and been shown to have a rather mischievous sense of humour - and he is the character that changed the most in the series (from a crybaby, and super serious character to a mischievous devil)). And this why on that artwork we would have just two Agumons instead of three.
With that logic, Frontier's main character should be Koji.

Status
Not open for further replies.