ClavisAngemon Preview for Booster Set 3

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster3clavisangemon_october19_2020.jpg

New card preview from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a new card preview from Booster Set 3 Union Impact. This time it's ClavisAngemon!

ClavisAngemon they go with a shining regal knight type shot from below. The focus here is on his armor, with lots of little detailing meant to make it look strong, almost like you can feel the weight of it from how it's drawn. We can also see his key, although it feels less prominent and center than it often is when we see him. The background here is minimal, although we can see a bit behind him and above, most of it is just a shining white light.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 3 Union Impact is scheduled to release on October 30th.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 3:

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 9,474

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NO WAY, X ANTIBODY ALREADY AT EARLY?

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ClavisAngemon
[When Attacking] if your Security is 3 or less, 1 of your opponent's Digimon gets -6000 DP until the end of this turn

oh, so we playing risky with our security for the constant -6,000 to our opponents every turn? I love it

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Such powerful effect for... A key angel.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good quality art of ClavisAngemon is so rare! Really like this card for yellow, slightly better than Starter deck Seraphimon but requiring 3 security or less for it's effect.

We've covered all the Mega Angel cards aside from Rasielmon and Dominimon If I'm not wrong.

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. Wasn't expecting ClavisAngemon to be honest, he always tend to be one of the lesser used members of the Angemon family. I suppose he showed up early as a silhouette in Adventure Colon, but I digress. Wonder if they're subbing Clavis in as Shakkoumon's Lv6 alongside Imperialdramon and Valkryimon instead of SlashAngemon, since I was kinda expecting a Slash card to be in this set given it's what they're using for the Pendulum Z. Either way, neat to see a lesser represented Digimon like this show up, and it seems like a pretty decent card on it's own. Plays well into stuff like Hikari from Ultimate Power that also required 3 or less Security, among the many other Yellow cards that have effects around that threshold.

Last edited:

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow. The first X Antibody natural carrier card. Gaioumon will be in BT4 then.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, I guess "getting tricks when your Security is low" is one of Yellow's powers now. Definitely makes up for ClavisAngemon having lower DP than your average LV6.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nicee, finally something to relate Shakkoumon and ClavisAngemon.
People needs to stop treating natural carriers like X digimon, they're not the same.

Yeah, natural carriers are just regular Digimon and them being natural carriers is only relevant when Yggy fires off his virus that kills 98% of all Digimon. They're just regular Digimon, and there are even countless instances where we see Digimon in games/cards/vpets etc where they will be like, natural carrier > regular digimon > natural carrier - and so forth. Using ClavisAngemon doesn't suddenly mean we're gonna see WarGreymon X or anything. Like, in recent games you can do Dorumon > Cyclonemon > DoruGreymon > Kentarousmon. That's going natural carrier > not > natural carrier > not. In ReArise the X-Spiral's barrier can be bypassed by X Digimon... but only WarGreymon X, MetalGarurumon X, and Magnamon X have this ability (as theyre the only X variants in so far). Digimon like Alphamon and Gaiomon don't have this ability.

Anyway: the card looks cool, I like the detailing on the armor

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I say that because I still view them as X antibody digimon. Because? Well in anime, I yet have to witness a wild random digimon dare to evolve into one of them. :/

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do with they had at least slapped this Digimon in a group that indicates it is an X-Antibody carrier to future-proof things for the possibility of X Digimon taking a larger role in the card game later on down the line.

MellowJosh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Red/Yellow DP reduction is slowly becoming a thing. Use the yellow effects to knock something down and a ton of red beaters that take them out. Not sure how viable it will be but it sounds like a fun casual deck!

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I say that because I still view them as X antibody digimon. Because? Well in anime, I yet have to witness a wild random digimon dare to evolve into one of them. :/
tbf, there's not many "wild random digimon" that actually get to evolve in the anime.
The closest we have is Yuuko's RizeGreymon evolving into Gaioumon in Cyber Sleuth.

Chrono_Shindou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

People needs to stop treating natural carriers like X digimon, they're not the same.

Yeah, natural carriers are just regular Digimon and them being natural carriers is only relevant when Yggy fires off his virus that kills 98% of all Digimon. They're just regular Digimon, and there are even countless instances where we see Digimon in games/cards/vpets etc where they will be like, natural carrier > regular digimon > natural carrier - and so forth. Using ClavisAngemon doesn't suddenly mean we're gonna see WarGreymon X or anything. Like, in recent games you can do Dorumon > Cyclonemon > DoruGreymon > Kentarousmon. That's going natural carrier > not > natural carrier > not. In ReArise the X-Spiral's barrier can be bypassed by X Digimon... but only WarGreymon X, MetalGarurumon X, and Magnamon X have this ability (as theyre the only X variants in so far). Digimon like Alphamon and Gaiomon don't have this ability.

I don't know if any of you all know but they were started to be considered as natural X-digimon ever since they were considered as Red-frame cards in the Hyper Coliseum... however there are MANY instances that proves they are not X-digimon. Sangloupmon is an example, it's profile states that it existed from Genesis of Digital but at that time X-antibody never existed. Many of you don't know but the explanation of the booster pack that introduced the red frame digimon just said that the red digis are the NEW inhabitants of the NDW, not necessarily X-digimon and we know normal digimon live there too. And this is further proved by the fact that there were many blue frame Digimon too who were immune to the X-antibody in the card game. Dorumon is the only exception, as it's data is hidden so inside it's digicore that it CAN'T even evolve to Dorugamon without the X-antibody. So I hope you got what am trying to say, the very notion of natural carrier doesn't make sense, no Digimon can be natural carrier as the X-virus is an artificial phenomenon and they have to expose themselves to it to get the X-antibody. It's just that over time information about many aspects of Digimon has been lost and misconceptions arised to fill in the gaps.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if any of you all know but they were started to be considered as natural X-digimon ever since they were considered as Red-frame cards in the Hyper Coliseum... however there are MANY instances that proves they are not X-digimon. Sangloupmon is an example, it's profile states that it existed from Genesis of Digital but at that time X-antibody never existed. Many of you don't know but the explanation of the booster pack that introduced the red frame digimon just said that the red digis are the NEW inhabitants of the NDW, not necessarily X-digimon and we know normal digimon live there too. And this is further proved by the fact that there were many blue frame Digimon too who were immune to the X-antibody in the card game. Dorumon is the only exception, as it's data is hidden so inside it's digicore that it CAN'T even evolve to Dorugamon without the X-antibody. So I hope you got what am trying to say, the very notion of natural carrier doesn't make sense, no Digimon can be natural carrier as the X-virus is an artificial phenomenon and they have to expose themselves to it to get the X-antibody. It's just that over time information about many aspects of Digimon has been lost and misconceptions arised to fill in the gaps.
Halfway through, this seems to be more about your headcanon than anything else. Red Frame cards are definitely about X-Antibodies. There are literal Red Frame Option Cards for the X-Antibody itself (Bx-6, Sx-27, Sx-107). It has nothing to do with NDW. Rather, that makes no sense. The reason X-Antibodies exist is because they live in the old Digital World plagued by the X-Program, not the NDW. The whole Chronicle X storyline takes place in the old Digital World, for example. The non-X-Antibodies that live in the old Digital World would probably be those immune Blue Frames mentioned.

Natural carriers aren't just labelled for the cards either. The entire roster of the Pendulum X V-Pet are X-Antibody carriers, including many natural ones. The Digimon X V-Pets also include many natural carriers (though there are several regular Digimon as well).

The reason the natural carriers' profiles contradict the X-Program scenario is because natural carriers are treated as regular Digimon in the general "nullverse". None of the natural carriers' profiles even mention the term "X-Antibody", including Dorumon's/Alphamon's. The closest would be GranDracmon and the Death-X line mentioning "Death-X-evolution". All of the other natural carriers' profiles treat them as if they were always a part of the Digital World, similar to how many Armor Digimons' profiles try to integrate them into the natural ecosystem (like Sagittarimon being a mutation from Centalmon).

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If you discount the card game, Masters has the Dorumon, Dracmon, Fanbeemon, and Ryudamon lines as X-Antibody Species Digimon. (though technically they added new variants with the X-Antibody rather than adding it to the existing ones. So the ones with X-Antibody are the same exact Digimon but have "X-Antibody" at the end of their name+a stat buff. So you have base Fanbeemon, then Fanbeemon X-Antibody which is just the same exact thing but with slightly higher stats because gacha. They did this because X forms didn't come to Masters till 2018, so they had no reason to state the others were X forms too till then).

Last edited:

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ā˜THIS šŸ‘

Nice art for clavis, this set is my fav right now.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Edit: Double post.

Last edited: