Chiku Chiku Bang Bang, Laser Eye, & Death Claw Previews from new Starter Decks

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New card previews from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with new card previews from Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6. This time it's a trio of option cards: Chiku Chiku Bang Bang, Laser Eye, and Death Claw!

Chiku Chiku Bang Bang features Togemon doing her signature attack. This is a case where it feels like a good spine and the spines being more than light would have helped, even if the art still looks nice.

Laser Eye features Jazardmon flying quickly and firing. A nice looking card, if a bit simple to explain it.

Death Claw features Devimon. We see him doing the titular death claw, and he's styled in a way that he appears animeish, but with extra detail.

Starter Decks 4 Giga Green, 5 Mugen Black, and 6 Venom Violet are out November 27th

Previous Card previews for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6:
Previous card previews for Booster Set 4:

Booster Set 3 Union Impact is out and we have the full card list right here!

Previews have begun for Booster Set 4 Great Legend, coming in December.

Previews have begun for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6. They are out in November.

We also just found out about Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega in February.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card

Attachments

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Prickly Bang Bang
[Main] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon.
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect then add this card to its owner's hand.

Laser Eye
[Main] Trigger <De-Digivolve 1> on up to 2 of your opponent's Digimon.
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect.

Death Claw
[Main] You may Delete 1 of your Digimon to Delete 1 of your opponent's LV.4 or lower Digimon.
[Security] Delete 1 of your opponent's LV.4 or lower Digimon.

MechaMadness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These all seem solid enough. They're all derived from existing Option Cards in these given colors, but let's go through the motions anyways.

Prickly Bang Bang is fittingly enough another take on Flower Cannon, makes sense given they're both from the same line. Isn't quite as a much of a blowout as the latter is when revealed as Security, though you still get one Digimon suspended for the purposes of defense and add the card to your hand for later use, so this one might have some good potential tempo to it. Flower Cannon is a staple in Green Decks, so I feel like this will definitely see play, even if it's just so people can play more then four copies of it.

Laser Eye is an upgraded Hell's Grenade from Ultimate Power. You're paying one more memory for additional spread, though 4 Cost vs 3 Cost is a pretty important threshold considering that's where the Memory Tamers cut off. Kinda mixed on this one for that reason to be honest.

Finally, Death Claw is Heat Viper but much cheaper in exchange for a much worse effect. Still, 1 Cost is about as cheap as it gets, so I could still see this one finding some play considering Heat Viper's 5 Cost is very likely to end your turn right then and there. Could have some neat application with stuff like LadyDevimon/Lilithmon considering you'd get a net gain of 1 Memory alongside another pop.

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally, Death Claw is Heat Viper but much cheaper in exchange for a much worse effect. Still, 1 Cost is about as cheap as it gets, so I could still see this one finding some play considering Heat Viper's 5 Cost is very likely to end your turn right then and there. Could have some neat application with stuff like LadyDevimon/Lilithmon considering you'd get a net gain of 1 Memory alongside another pop.
I actually prefer this over heat viper, for the same reasons you said: it's way cheaper! I'm liking these starters a lot so far. I was worried the cards would just be outclassed by booster pack cards, but so far they are looking pretty solid.