CGI Render Previews of Ultimate Image Kizuna Figures, Pre-Orders in August

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After being announced a few months ago, we finally have our first look at the Ultimate Image figures of Agumon Bonds of Courage and Gabumon Bonds of Friendship from Gashapon Blog.

These are early CGI renders of the figures, based off the profile artwork of both characters drawn by Kenji Watanabe, who designed them for the movie Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

The profile artwork the figures are based on.

The article itself mostly goes over the 'history' of the Ultimate Image figures and this being the third release, if there is time later we will see about getting it translated. It does note that the figures were made under the supervision of Toei and Kenji Watanabe.

And most relevant, pre-orders are planned to begin in August.

So we will hopefully begin to get better looks at them soon.

Attachments

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the franchise has not sold me on these designs enough yet for me to invest money into them

HeavyLeomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They have a lot of details, whithout doubts two of the better designed digimons in the last years!

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the franchise has not sold me on these designs enough yet for me to invest money into them
lol i agree
when i watched them film the looked too buff? (not sure how to describe)

would love if new reboot gives special forms for all

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious as to how the various greebly bits and effects will be supported, so it'll be interesting to see the final designs, but I like the look of them so far. Just rearranged my shelves, but with an August order date it'll be a year until we see them anyway, so there's time.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon BOC looks better in this uncolored CGI render than in every other picture of it I've seen.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I fear their color paintings may not look impressive or too boring. But still I hope BlitzGreymon or CresGarurumon will be next.

Can't wait to see if it can include that motorcycle mode.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TT TT yeah. I really wish that digimon website would make a new poll for "what do you want for GEM/Model Kit" just like stuffed animal one.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TT TT yeah. I really wish that digimon website would make a new poll for "what do you want for GEM/Model Kit" just like stuffed animal one.
Didn't they do something like that and it's how they came out with the GEM UlforceVeedramon? I just wish they'd be a little more consistent with their figure lines in general. Hard to get excited about the new model kit when there's probably just going to be a Paladin Mode recolor and then they'll cancel it for something else.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was already done. We received Ulforce V-dramon

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't it vote which it will receive shown on the selected list? Not "What do you want"? Or I forgot so hard?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't it vote which it will receive shown on the selected list? Not "What do you want"? Or I forgot so hard?
There was no given pre-determined list. It was literally a survey about which Digimon fans want for the next GEM figure. Omegamon got 1st place. UlforceV-dramon got 2nd place, and Alphamon Ouryuken got 3rd place.

We got Omegamon, then we got UlforceV-dramon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was no given pre-determined list. It was literally a survey about which Digimon fans want for the next GEM figure. Omegamon got 1st place. UlforceV-dramon got 2nd place, and Alphamon Ouryuken got 3rd place.

As I recall it was a (very) large list and you were able to select 3 from (or it might have been 5) with a followup question that you could answer anything that wasn't on the list.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor word choice on my end, my bad. There was technically indeed a list. I meant (and assumed) "list" in a much more limited manner; not a largely comprehensive list with the choice of including anything that wasn't on said list.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This should look cool when colored in and finished. I wonder how it'll work.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my god, i will pre order for sure :D

HeavyLeomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

How impressive, this fanbase is always that predictable, and here i am, hoping we stop getting royal boring knights material and get some O12/10warriors instead.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How impressive, this fanbase is always that predictable, and here i am, hoping we stop getting royal boring knights material and get some O12/10warriors instead.
I'm waiting for more frontier stuff but we'll get always royal knight stuff....

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon/Gabumon Bond aren't Knights so it's alright. :/

But relax, it's good thing the art figures finally started to appear often lately I'm sure eventually we will get wonderful news of the Non-Royal Knight figures in the future.