Cardcaptor Sakura

darkqiviut

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is an anime that I like quite a bit. There are a lot of interesting elements in there. First, the magic. I liked the magic that consisted in there, and how the Clow Cards have *personalities,* which is something you don't see everyday. But my most favorite part of the series is the friendship Sakura had with everyone, which I felt was the main underlying point of CCS.

Regarding fandom stuff, Sakura/Kaho (a.k.a: Saho) is my most favorite pairing, and Kaho's my most favorite character.

What about you? What are your views of Cardcaptor Sakura?

shikurunotame

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest I only started watching the original series a week ago, and since then in between various other things I've only watched 15 episodes, but I do adore the series, yes. As cliche as the whole shoujo scene is, it's somehow really unique and uncrappy, which is very rare among recent series.

ChiBKey

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm rusty at this series. Last time I actually watched a full episode of it was 6-7 years ago. The franchise was popular at the time, even years of the following - and if I go to Chinatown's import stores today, I'll probably still see the merchandise.

Fandom stuff? I think if they pair Sakura with Tomoyo, it would've been a huge mainstream of lolicon yuri couple. XD

Gemmaknight22

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What made it really fun to watch was probably the pairings. The reactions and the "love" made CCS more interesting to watch. Plus, it was one of maybe few or the only anime that's been re-aired.

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this series rules, I have only seen most of the old dub cardcaptor series and i am now downloading and watching CCS whenever i am able to ^_^ seen 9 eps I think and i love it, ^^

omegaknight

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yah, CCs was really good when the dub first aired and it only gets better as you rewatch it, you start to see hints in the earlier episodes that will affect her later.i've seen all of the episodes.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen the full lot in dub
I've seen the full lot in Japanese
Seen both movies
I have all the 12 Manga Books (plus the 6 re-releases of books 1-6 in true manga format and phrases)

I love CCS, not a huge dub fan of it for what they did with the Syaoran/Sakura relationship (arseholes)

Websurfer145

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love this series, this is one my top favorite anime series. I own the latter half of the series boxset, seen both movies, most of the rest of the series, and almost own all of the manga series (just missing a few volumes of the second part of the series).

The only bad part is that I was introduced to it by that horrible Cardcaptors dub. If I wonder how the Digimon dub could've turned out worse, I think of that.

Even better, the main characters from CCS are sorta related to Tsubasa Chronicles. Different versions, yes, but still glad to see the story still isn't quite over yet.

Sir Kibbles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I watched a few of the episodes and found it quite creepy. My friend loves it though.

Terriermon Fan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't believe I missed this topic.

Anywho, CCS and CC rocks.

It was one of the first animes I have ever seen, so they have a special place in my heart.

I liked the dub, but the offical subs are better because it's cheaper to buy and they have more episode and less cuts.

Either one is fine with me.

darkqiviut

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Either one is fine with me.
That's what I view, too. I like both the dub and the originals, also. To be honest, I was really impressed with Halvana for being able to remove all the homosexual and May/December (Rika/Terada, anyone?) tendancies that the originals had.

There was something that I hear a lot around the fandom: about which series they liked best, the anime or the mangs. I prefer the anime more for two reasons. One: the manga was jumpy and too fast. Two: The absence of Meilin (my second-most favorite character) left a gap in the manga, in my opinion.