Card Game Youtube Opens with Preview Video, plus 0.0 Promo Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

More Digimon Card Game updates! We got some art for more cards earlier, but this is a bit more substantial.

A Digimon Card Game Youtube opened and put up their first video, going over key points of the game and showing how gameplay works.

I haven't played a card game in... a long time, so I'll let someone who is more knowledgeable about it comment. 'blows the Touya horn'

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

We do get to see quite a few interesting things about the game, including a lot of art, which is fun.

On top of that, 0.0 promo pack news!

Earlier they announced those who purchased the CSA Digivice Last Evolution would get the 0.0 promo pack. For those who aren't interested and are more card inclined, they've announced another way!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Buying 5 booster packs of Battle Spirits Digimon Last Evolution beginning next week gets you the pack! (As long as supplies last.)

Stores participating will have standees to show you'll get it. For those in Japan buying cards in stores, that makes it rather easy. A bit more difficult for importers perhaps (unless they end up being slipped into boxes.)

On top of that, we just got clean art for the rest of the Battle Spirits Digimon Last Evolution card set, so if you want to see some great art, take a look.

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It actually does make interesting duels. Not sure if I can understand but...
Evolving cards is like the digital battle card PS1.
Able to keep the previous evo forms' "Yugioh" effects while replacing the main card on the battle slot(?)
unsure about changing the card position to attack the enemy's card and "Direct Attack" performed.
There are the three battle slots to summon Digimon partners.
Something affects 10 to 10 on each side according to their partner cards' two costs(?).

Too bad youtube can disable the comment sections now so I didn't get to see the translation of what the video said.

RedMON

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It actually does make interesting duels. Not sure if I can understand but...
Evolving cards is like the digital battle card PS1.
Able to keep the previous evo forms' "Yugioh" effects while replacing the main card on the battle slot(?)
unsure about changing the card position to attack the enemy's card and "Direct Attack" performed.
There are the three battle slots to summon Digimon partners.
Something affects 10 to 10 on each side according to their partner cards' two costs(?).

Too bad youtube can disable the comment sections now so I didn't get to see the translation of what the video said.
brief explanation about card type ,digivolution ,winning condition, and summoning

Based on my broken Japs
1. There's 4 card type
Battle : Digimon Card
Evolution and Upgrade: Digitama Card
Field and Support :Tamer Card
Invoke Effect :Option Card

Game start by placing 5 cards from deck to Security Area (like HP )when reach 0 ,you lose the game

Evolution and Upgrade
You can evo from rookie to mega by stacking them ,the evo digimon can use effect from previous level ,(if you successfully evo to mega ,you can also use ultimate champion and rookie effect).so it will become stronger

You can use another digimon as digivolution route as long as the card color is the same (in video agumon can evo to birdramon then garudamon ) creating another effect combination different than agumon,greymon,metalgreymon

Memory Gauge System
In the video Opponent have 3 Blue Memory
If you summon Wargreymon immediately (12 Normal Cost),it will move to 9 Red Memory(12-3)
Opponent turn
Garurumon evo to WereGarurumon(3 evo cost) then MetalGarurumon(4 evo cost ) ,then Gabumon (3 Normal cost ) so it will become 1 Blue Memory(9-3-4-3)

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks. Hopefully the introduction of the "How to Play" instruction manual guide that comes with Starter pack or booster packs get translated one day.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
'blows the Touya horn'
All right, all right, here I come. Direct translation of the video line-by-line:

Japanese announcer man said:
Digimon Card Game! Starting out, we'll introduce three points.
1. Card and Victory Conditions
There are 4 types of cards in total.
The core of all battles, "Digimon cards."
The basis for evolution and growth, "Digitama cards."
Those which support Digimon on the field, "Tamer cards."
And the cards you activate various effects with, "Option cards."

The game begins with both players having 5 cards placed from their decks into their Security Area.
Reduce your opponent's Security Area cards to 0, and attack your opponent directly to win.

2. Evolution, Growth
In the Digimon Card Game, by stacking cards on top of one another, your Digimon evolve.
Evolved Digimon inherit the effects of the Digimon they evolved from. [TL Note: 進化元 "evolved from" is used as both an adjective and noun by the TCG, on cards I translate it as "Evolution Source" but it could also be translated as "Evolution Material. Basically, it's CARDS UNDER OTHER CARDS!]
Let's raise a strong Digimon!

Different Evolution Routes
According to your evolution route, you can raise Digimon with different effects.
Raise your strongest Digimon!

3. Memory Gauge System
To use cards, you have to pay the necessary Evolution Cost, and when you do the Memory Gauge shared between players moves.
Memory moves toward your opponent according to the numeric value written in the Cost.
When your opponent's Memory becomes 1 or greater, it becomes your opponent's turn.
The evolution and growth of Digimon, and the unprecedented novelty of the Memory Gauge System, expand the game's strategy.

Digimon Card Game: launching April 2020! Watch the official Twitter and homepage for the game system's full details.
I posted full translations of all the cards shown in the video on Tamer Union, as well as translations of the V Jump cards. Overall, the rules seem to be more Duel Masters than Yu-Gi-Oh!--they showed three Digimon on the field in the video, but the playfield on each side just had a single "Battle Area" rather than discrete zones to place each Digimon, Option, and Tamer card in. You might just have infinite space in the Battle Area. Some things to note:
  • Were Garurumon's effect only make sense if you're able to attack even while the opponent has Digimon in play.
  • Unimon's effect also suggests you can't block with Digimon at all unless they have the keyword "Blocker."
  • Metal Garurumon's effect might be both offensive and defensive. In DM and Chrono Clash, you can only attack tapped creatures--therefore leaving Metal Garurumon Active at the end of the battle phase, instead of Resting it to attack a second time, would prevent the opponent from attacking him on their turn.
  • On that note, this video shows each Digimon declaring its attacks one at a time, as you would in DM or Cardfight!! Vanguard, rather than declaring all your attacks for the turn and tapping them simultaneously. (As is done in Magic: The Gathering.) This makes sense since Digimon seems to be hacked from Bandai's Chrono Clash, and attacking one at a time allows you to react to the opponent's Security effects going off, or them blocking previous attacks.

RedMON

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
'blows the Touya horn'
All right, all right, here I come. Direct translation of the video line-by-line:

Japanese announcer man said:
Digimon Card Game! Starting out, we'll introduce three points.
1. Card and Victory Conditions
There are 4 types of cards in total.
The core of all battles, "Digimon cards."
The basis for evolution and growth, "Digitama cards."
Those which support Digimon on the field, "Tamer cards."
And the cards you activate various effects with, "Option cards."

The game begins with both players having 5 cards placed from their decks into their Security Area.
Reduce your opponent's Security Area cards to 0, and attack your opponent directly to win.

2. Evolution, Growth
In the Digimon Card Game, by stacking cards on top of one another, your Digimon evolve.
Evolved Digimon inherit the effects of the Digimon they evolved from. [TL Note: 進化元 "evolved from" is used as both an adjective and noun by the TCG, on cards I translate it as "Evolution Source" but it could also be translated as "Evolution Material. Basically, it's CARDS UNDER OTHER CARDS!]
Let's raise a strong Digimon!

Different Evolution Routes
According to your evolution route, you can raise Digimon with different effects.
Raise your strongest Digimon!

3. Memory Gauge System
To use cards, you have to pay the necessary Evolution Cost, and when you do the Memory Gauge shared between players moves.
Memory moves toward your opponent according to the numeric value written in the Cost.
When your opponent's Memory becomes 1 or greater, it becomes your opponent's turn.
The evolution and growth of Digimon, and the unprecedented novelty of the Memory Gauge System, expand the game's strategy.

Digimon Card Game: launching April 2020! Watch the official Twitter and homepage for the game system's full details.
I posted full translations of all the cards shown in the video on Tamer Union, as well as translations of the V Jump cards. Overall, the rules seem to be more Duel Masters than Yu-Gi-Oh!--they showed three Digimon on the field in the video, but the playfield on each side just had a single "Battle Area" rather than discrete zones to place each Digimon, Option, and Tamer card in. You might just have infinite space in the Battle Area. Some things to note:
  • Were Garurumon's effect only make sense if you're able to attack even while the opponent has Digimon in play.
  • Unimon's effect also suggests you can't block with Digimon at all unless they have the keyword "Blocker."
  • Metal Garurumon's effect might be both offensive and defensive. In DM and Chrono Clash, you can only attack tapped creatures--therefore leaving Metal Garurumon Active at the end of the battle phase, instead of Resting it to attack a second time, would prevent the opponent from attacking him on their turn.
  • On that note, this video shows each Digimon declaring its attacks one at a time, as you would in DM or Cardfight!! Vanguard, rather than declaring all your attacks for the turn and tapping them simultaneously. (As is done in Magic: The Gathering.) This makes sense since Digimon seems to be hacked from Bandai's Chrono Clash, and attacking one at a time allows you to react to the opponent's Security effects going off, or them blocking previous attacks.
👍👍👍🙇🙇🙇
Many Thanks

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks so it's similar to Duel Masters huh and I will check Chrono Clash...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like there’s probably an easy way to abuse the memory gauge system (one player monopolizing all the memory), but I suppose Bandai’s satisfied with it from playtesting.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm lost on Chrono Clash but I can't wait for new videos to show us how it's play.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like fun but yugioh will always be my go to card game.

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks neat, doubt it will get an English release though.

BeLKastel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be neat if they released this as an online card game too, like for smartphonest would work I think.

Fugitivo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is that Mount Mugen from File Island on the Agumon card?

BeLKastel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious as to how Jogress will function in this game.