Card Game Updates- New Starter Decks in October, ST9 Ultimate Ancient Dragon & ST10 Tactician from Another World, plus Card Event Promo Vid

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few card game updates...

newstarters_july20_2021.jpg

A listing for a new Amazon exclusive special box reveals two new Starter Decks! The listing shows October 29th as the release date.

Since the listing on Amazon is for a combined special box, with a few things that may be exclusive extras, the price of 3,960 yen quite possibly doesn't split down the middle for the new starter decks in their standard release.

The new starter decks are:
Starter Deck 9 Ultimate Ancient Dragon
Starter Deck 10 Tactician from Another World

It uses existing art of Imperialdramon and Mastemon as stand in artwork for the listing.

The listing for the set includes:
108 cards between both decks (54 each)
2 promo cards (seemingly featuring Digimon from the starter decks)
1 memory gauge set
2 playmats
60 sleeves
a storage box

And on top of that...

A new online card game event is about to take place in Japan, so an information video with Hideyoshi introducing various details from it have gone up.

This is generally all stuff we've seen lately, like the new Agumon promo card and the 3rd Memorial Collection.

We have clean card images of Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more!

We've also gotten our first details for Booster EX-01 Classic Collection!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 10,251

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the Mastemon one will come with a Mirei Tamer card

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah for sure. Also Imperialdramon Fighter Mode getting a card at finally?

Look like it's Jogress decks today with double color evo costs.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing as we already had the UlforceVeedramon Starter Deck, could this be a Green Imperialdramon? :unsure:

Very interested to see what's in these decks regardless.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even better, we might get Paladin Mode and Magnamon. It would be a level reveal for Fighter, Paladin, and certain armor digimon.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing as we already had the UlforceVeedramon Starter Deck, could this be a Green Imperialdramon? :unsure:

Very interested to see what's in these decks regardless.
I’m hoping these are the first dual color starters - Vmon and Wormmon for GreenBlue Imperialdramon and Tailmon/BlackTailmon for PurpleYellow Mastemon.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even better, we might get Paladin Mode and Magnamon. It would be a level reveal for Fighter, Paladin, and certain armor digimon.

I see lot of the Starter decks containing other chosen's digimon partner so I don't know if it can have Imperialdramon Paladin Mode since it usually have two Ultimate levels in every Starter deck. Imperialdramon Dragon Mode and Fighter Mode may count as two Ultimate levels. But adding Paladin? I find it hard to tell which Imperialdramon Starter deck will contain.

Will it have Wormmon evo line along with BanchoStingmon or different color evo on Imperialdramon for a new card on this deck?

Will it have V-dramon and XVmon together in this deck?

Will it have Fladramon, Lighdramon or Magnamon?

So many possibilities! I don't know what to think!

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Starter Deck full of army of angels and devils.

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm, feels like they are making mixed starter decks - Imperialdramon -> Green + Blue, Mastemon -> Yellow + Purple

Following how the previous 2 starter decks were red & blue I would find it odd, if the Imperialdramon one was an exclusively blue one again ...and well, that art is on a blue Imperialdramon card and not a green one.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...and well, that art is on a blue Imperialdramon card and not a green one.
Those are just temporary stand-in images until the box art is finished. We saw the exact same thing with the last two Starter Decks.

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...and well, that art is on a blue Imperialdramon card and not a green one.
Those are just temporary stand-in images until the box art is finished. We saw the exact same thing with the last two Starter Decks.
I know, I'm just saying it might be implicative of the direction they're going with the new Imperialdramon, that it's either gonna be an equally blue and green coloured deck or that the focus might be on blue cards again.

Obviously we won't know for sure until they release official art.