Card Game Update- Sitermon Noir & Ciel Rule Updates, Preview of English BT7 Sistermon Ciel Awakened

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
jpn_bt6-084.png
jpn_bt6-084p.png
jpn_bt7-083.png
us_bt6-084.png
us_bt6-084p.png
us_bt7-083.png

With Sistermon Noir being used in the Japanese version of the card game, and Ciel being used in the Western version of the card game, Bandai has posted on both the Japanese and English sites how these cards will be ruled and used to avoid confusion.

The short version is, whether you have a Noir or Ciel card it will be treated as 'both'. These cards will be treated as if they are Ciel 'and' Noir, and are both Virus 'and' Data.

us_bt7-083.png

This also gives us our first look at not just the card art for Ciel Awakened, but the first look at her final design (instead of the recolored Noir design from Hacker's Memory.)

The art for Ciel Awakened was drawn by longtime Digimon artist Nakano Haito. The art for Noir Awakened was by Teppei Tadokoro.

jpn_bt7-083i.png
us_bt7-083i.png

They showed zoom in versions of the text for both Awakened cards, noting that you treat it as having these 'in addition' to the actual text on the card.

Sistermon Ciel Awakaned will be in BT7 when it is released for the English version of the Digimon Card Game.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 16,686

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so Ciel Awakened does have a unique design! The eye stitches are so cool!! But any cards that target virus cards will work for Ciel and any cards that target data cards works for Noir!? That's so weird, I don't think I like it much even though I see how it was unavoidable for an identical experience to the Japanese card game

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official Ciel Awakened. Great design, I love it.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is such a cool design. I've been waiting for it for so long. It's still a pity they aren't together

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
just for clarification:
Ciel has the added effect of "This card's name is also treated as [Sistermon Noir] and counts toward the same-name cards limit. This card's attribute is also treated as [Virus]."

Noir has the added effect of "This card's name is also treated as [Sistermon Ciel] and counts toward the same-name cards limit. This card's attribute is also treated as [Data]."

and the same applies to their Awakened

Correct?

Kit Chan

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think if they're doing this, then it should be written on the cards, especially the dual attribute.

Or they could've just had both Sistermon in all languages and give them variants of eachother's effects. But that would involve too much sense.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Sees Ciel Awakened*
Me: "Wow, she certainly has some big...personality." o_O

Anyways, it's cool that they added some differences to her Awakened design so she looks less and less like a recolour of Noir.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The scar eye thing is kinda annoying tbh. Ruins the design if anything.

And well at least Noir technically exists in English then...

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having Luffy scar makes her so badass lol

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is pretty cool to finally see a more finalized version of Cielmon's Awakened form (hopefully profile art won't be too far off). Still, I wish Bandai would stop being idiots about this whole thing and just allow both the elder Sistermons to appear in all versions of the game (and other media, for that matter). I mean, it's not like they can really hide Noir, and attempts to do so are only making them look worse. But could you imagine the irony if Ciel (who also comes off as a sexy nun, albeit one not clad in black) ends up being deemed controversial by the same groups of people who would've complained about Noir in the first place?

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, IIRC we've never seen Ciel's left eye in any media yeah?

What if she's pulling a Kitaro and is actually missing her eye under those bangs of hair... :unsure:

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

What if she's pulling a Kitaro and is actually missing her eye under those bangs of hair... :unsure:
I used to wonder if this was the case for Bancho Mamemon as every single piece of art obscures his right eye, even the recent cameo of his in the Mamemon alternate art card by Sasasi, and it seems a lot of fan artists questioned this too as there's a lot of fan art that also obscures that eye or depicts him with an eye patch there. Then Adventure: 2020 came along and confirmed that there isn't anything abnormal going on there

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is really cool. Shame we have to switch them out but at least they made her look that cool.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I used to wonder if this was the case for Bancho Mamemon as every single piece of art obscures his right eye, even the recent cameo of his in the Mamemon alternate art card by Sasasi, and it seems a lot of fan artists questioned this too as there's a lot of fan art that also obscures that eye or depicts him with an eye patch there. Then Adventure: 2020 came along and confirmed that there isn't anything abnormal going on there

Same here. Thought his eye on fire is just like Black Rock Shooter but it turned out its only his hot passion lol

The scar eye thing is kinda annoying tbh. Ruins the design if anything.

What design you desired for that awakened form to add? Burnt and tattered cape veil hat thingy?
Or battle tattered scars?

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well just the same as the HM but with a sword

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No different than a recolor in HM... You prefer that censored recolor over this card..?

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No different than a recolor in HM... You prefer that censored recolor over this card..?

wouldn't be censored version because it would have the sword. I just don't like the big scar

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see. I guess maybe it clashed with Sistermon Ciel (Nun lady)'s graceful image?

I'm glad she is confirmed to have her own Awakened Mode but... Why do I always instantly believed Sistermon Ciel is Perfect level?!