Card Game Tamer's Evolution Box 2- Accessories & Parallel Cards with new Art, Out in January

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tamersevobox2_1_september16_2021.jpg

It's been awhile since the first Tamer's Evolution Box.

The first was a set filled with accessories and parallel cards themed after Adventure/: featuring the main hero Digimon from each season. The new second set it themed after all the anime currently represented in the card game.

Everything features new artwork.

First up, the accessories themselves.

tamersevobox2_2_september16_2021.jpg
tamersevobox2_3_september16_2021.jpg

We start with a rubber playmat featuring each Digimon in a high level form, generally what would be considered the final 'standard' form from the anime.

Then there is a card storage box, which features the Digimon in the standard form theya re seen in throughout the anime. Sprite versions of the Digimon decorate the box elsewhere.

tamersevobox2_4_september16_2021.jpg
tamersevobox2_5_september16_2021.jpg

Then sleeves.

5 Digiegg sleeves feature the lead Digimon from Adventure, 02, and Tamers in their Baby 2 forms, while their adult forms can be seen behind them on a billboard.

The 50 main deck sleeves feature the same character art that was on the box.

tamersevobox2_6_september16_2021.jpg
tamersevobox2_7_september16_2021.jpg

A memory gauge featuring the higher level Digimon art from the mat. It also includes a memory marker that looks to be themed after the brand themeing of the Digimon Card Game itself.

A seperator case featuring the game logo and the higher level artwork is also included.

And last up, some cards!

tamersevobox2_8_september16_2021.jpg

8 parallel cards are included. The first 7 are the main Digimon from the seasons, with their 'final' standard form behind them, plus Wormmon! The final card is a parallel of an option card from EX1.

tamersevobox2_9_september16_2021.jpg
tamersevobox2_10_september16_2021.jpg
tamersevobox2_11_september16_2021.jpg

Tamer's Evolution Box 2 will go to pre-order a bit under 2 hours from the time of this post at Premium Bandai. It costs 7,700 yen and ships in January. Pre-orders close on October 14th.

The last Tamer's Evolution Box got a US release through Premium Bandai US, so hopefully that happens here, so it may be worth waiting a bit to see.

Really nice collection that covers most of the Digimon anime up to this point.

But if you don't want to wait...

We've currently pared down the list of intermediaries we list due to some places closing and others becoming iffy in their communication, calling into question their reliability. If you have any stories, positive or negative, about any intermediaries, DM me with them so we can figure out who might be worth adding (or re-adding), since these aren't affiliate links or anything, simply suggested ways to make it easier for fans to nab stuff.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 13,266

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Flamemon and Gumdramon

That Wormmon should've been with GranKuwagamon.

The last art is cool

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imperialdramon is just as much as Wormmon's Mega as it is Veemon's tbf. Not difficult to believe that the two share the same one.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gumdramon and Gatchmon are absent and soon Gammamon will join them in the future.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
those parallels look really freaking cool. They even have something for Wormmon fans! Veemon looks a little bit odd

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally, the box set based on this forum's banner. The With the Will Box.

When I see V-Mon's card background is Imperialdramon FM, I was like: it should be been Imperialdramon DM. Beastial dramon rocks!
And then I see he appears in Wormon's, nice.

I wonder if Gabumon and the rest of rivals will get their own cards in the next TEB, since Wormon gets one.

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird how similar shinegreymon and emperorgreymon are. I've kinda noticed before but seeing them side by side here... kinda cool

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Flamemon and Gumdramon

That Wormmon should've been with GranKuwagamon.

The last art is cool

Agreed... Despite Flamon gotten new cards yet Agnimon kept overshadowing him.

It's totally cool Wormmon actually got Imperialdramon Dragon Mode but he could just have BanchoStingmon... Oh well!

Let's hope they will make another one for all doggies+Blue color.

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Flamon is the Koromon of Frontier, and Imperialdramon is the evolution of 02’s Wormmon.
Anyways, I love this and I’m glad Wormmon is included. Might have to pick this up now…

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I agree. This Box is based on the anime, not the other media. So Agnimon and Imperialdramon DM. The same reason goes to why we have no Gumdramon here.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I agree. This Box is based on the anime, not the other media. So Agnimon and Imperialdramon DM. The same reason goes to why we have no Gumdramon here.

Flamemon appeared in Frontier, and Gumdramon had his own series. Oh yeah, I guess Dorumon is missing too.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Flamemon appeared in Frontier, and Gumdramon had his own series. Oh yeah, I guess Dorumon is missing too.
It's based on anime series.

Dorumon is from anime movie, not anime series.

Flamon did appear in Frontier but his role there back then, just like @Nightwing said, was the "Koromon" of Agnimon in Frontier, not the "Agumon". Agnimon is the Agumon of Frontier himself.
You can say that by counting how many times Flamon didd appear in the series. Just like many babies in other series.

Gumdramon is in the same series with Shoutmon. It's not a new series, it's the third season of the series. It was not like Adventure 02 which was the actual separate series.
And then, Gumdramon hasn't debut in new TCG yet. He has no his regular card so far. So it will be weird if he gets the parallel special card before the regular one.
All the digimon in the background is Ultimate level digimon. Gumdramon also doesn't have one (so far).

Last edited:

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Flamon did appear in Frontier but his role there back then, just like @Nightwing said, was the "Koromon" of Agnimon in Frontier, not the "Agumon". Agnimon is the Agumon of Frontier himself.
You can say that by counting how many times Flamon didd appear in the series. Just like many babies in other series.

Gumdramon is in the same series with Shoutmon. It's not a new series, it's the third season of the series. It was not like Adventure 02 which was the actual separate series.
And then, Gumdramon hasn't debut in new TCG yet. He has no his regular card so far. So it will be weird if he gets the parallel special card before the regular one.
All the digimon in the background is Ultimate level digimon. Gumdramon also doesn't have one (so far).

The levels don't reflect that though.

I'd like to point out that Koromon is literally in one of these images btw

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

First, they didn’t announce this as the “Tamer’s Evolution Box 2 featuring the Level 3 forms of the Protagonists!” The Levels have absolutely no relevance. Second, Agnimon has been a Level 3, even as recently as the Pendulum Z. As far as Bandai is concerned, Agnimon is the Agumon of the line. This is on top of Toei obviously feeling the same, which goes back to Tarama’s point about how Flamon and Agnimon were used in Frontier itself.

Koromon is only here alongside the two other Baby Digimon representing the first three series, it’s why only Greymon, ExVeemon, and Growlmon are in the background. I’m sure you’d see Flamon if they wanted to include more than just those three.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't get about your point about Koromon. I mean, yeah, we can see Koromon in images above, with Chibimon and Gigimon.
Then why? It's a different image/art and it's just three of them.

About Agnimon, again.
We all know that Agnimon is Lv4 here not like the rest. But the point is his role in the Frontier series. Not in the Franchise in general.

In terms of anime series, Agumon is more popular than Koromon. He is the face of the series. You can say that about V-mon, Guilmon, and Agnimon too.
We all know that Agnimon is Lv4 in card and Flamon is his Child form. The thing is, this box is not about the Child form of main characters in anime series. It's the popular face of the series.

Last edited:

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Flamemon appeared in Frontier
...in a single episode.

If you're doing a box based on anime characters, you don't advertise that box with a form that showed up one time in a single episode in the middle of the show and never before or afterwards. It'd be like if Taichi was advertised by using Virus Metalgreymon, because yes, that was his partner one time.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These parallel artwork and cards are just magnificent. I hope they eventually release playmats with the art of the 6 Legendary Digimon partners from the promo pic. Poor Gumdramon, DORUmon and Gacchimon indeed.