Card Game Royal Knights Binder Set- Pre-Order Details, Images, & Parallel Cards

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
royalknightsbinder01_october19_2022.jpg

A new Card Game product is showing up at Premium Bandai.

The Royal Knights binder set includes a couple of things, based on the Royal Knights, as you'd expect...

royalknightsbinder02_october19_2022.jpg

The binder itself features new artwork of the Royal Knights on the front and back of the binder, with lots of gold foil stamped printing.

It's a standard 9 pocket binder, and it includes 10 card sheets.

royalknightsbinder03_october19_2022.jpg

Also included are 8 new parallel cards, of a number of Child form Digimon commonly associated with various Royal Knights.

The card lineup is:
Booster 5 Agumon- the art features Agumon with Omegamon in the background
Booster 5 Gabumon- the art features Gabumon with Omegamon in the background, with Omegamon inversed from the other card featuring the opposite arm
Starter 9 V-mon- the art features V-mon using the Digimental of Miracles to evolve into Magnamon
Promo Guilmon- the art features Guilmon, Agumon, and Gabumon facing off against various Keramons, and in the foreground you can just barely see Chrysalimon
Promo Kudamon- the art features Kudamon, with Sleipmon in the back
Booster 9 Dorumon- the art features Dorumon resting with a Dorimon, although DOrumon doesn't look trusting of the area around them
Starter 8 Dracomon- the art features a low angle short of Dracomon, and behind him you can see a few different evolutions of his
Booster 6 Hackmon- the art of Hackmon gets a nice close up shot that appears to be him mid battle

royalknightsbinder04_october19_2022.jpg

Pre-orders for the Digimon Card Game Royal Knights Binder Set opens in about an hour and a half from the time of this post at Premium Bandai. It's 6,600 yen, pre-orders close on November 21st, and it's scheduled to ship in February 2023.
デジモンカードゲーム ロイヤルナイツ バインダーセット【PB-13】

Pricey, but a nice looking set overall, with the high point being the new art on the binder, and the very pretty new art on the parallel cards.

A few extra bits...

Premium Bandai Japan is currently harder to access, so a bit extra for those who want to pre-order and not wait to see if there is an international release.

Some intermediaries will want not only want the urls of the items above, but may ask for the product name in Japanese as written on the page. Those names are given above, directly below the pre-order links.

If you want to be sure to nab something...

We've currently pared down the list of intermediaries we list due to some places closing and others becoming iffy in their communication, calling into question their reliability. If you have any stories, positive or negative, about any intermediaries, DM me with them so we can figure out who might be worth adding (or re-adding), since these aren't affiliate links or anything, simply suggested ways to make it easier for fans to nab stuff.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 7,465

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that's all you get, it feels kinda misleading to me when you don't actually get any Royal Knight cards. Prob should've come with 13 Royal Knight alts and then maybe their Rookie forms too. At the least you should get Royal Knights in this. So I actually think this is a meh release.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Guilmon card is a reference to this:
EVZ_LPyUUAE1LeR

By Kenji Watanabe

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn that is so hot news. Look like Kudamon's mistreatment is still continuing... Sigh so they will stick with Savers design for all eternity?

I like the artwork of Dracomon!

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn that is so hot news. Look like Kudamon's mistreatment is still continuing... Sigh so they will stick with Savers design for all eternity?

I like the artwork of Dracomon!
Kudamon 2005 got a card in this card game before Kudamon 2006 did.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
? I'm sure Kudamon 2006 card appeared first before the second card with that original design? Did my memory messed up?

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
? I'm sure Kudamon 2006 card appeared first before the second card with that original design? Did my memory messed up?
Looks like 2006 did get a card first but the point still remains that 2005 has a card, so he does exist and get used sometimes.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is Guilmon riding Grani in his art?

Also funny to see everyone else in a serious pose in these cards and Dorumon is just napping with his little brother.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If by mistreatment you meant the 2006 design, I think it's because the 2006 is known better for the "Royal Knight".

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That doesn't help it because Kudamon appeared along with his evo line in Vpet before Savers. And some cards have hidden references pointing at Vpet series.

If Kudamon 2006 is only known for having Sleipmon, then I find this to be very silly reason.

Jordan171998

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's the yellow thing next to Alphamon in the binder art?

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That doesn't help it because Kudamon appeared along with his evo line in Vpet before Savers. And some cards have hidden references pointing at Vpet series.

If Kudamon 2006 is only known for having Sleipmon, then I find this to be very silly reason.
"Known better" and "only known" are two different things.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that's all you get, it feels kinda misleading to me when you don't actually get any Royal Knight cards. Prob should've come with 13 Royal Knight alts and then maybe their Rookie forms too. At the least you should get Royal Knights in this. So I actually think this is a meh release.
Yeah, they could’ve dug up 5 more Child stages for the others (or even created some new ones) and then had 13 level six cards.

Still waiting on Holy Keramon to come some day as well . . .

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, they could’ve dug up 5 more Child stages for the others (or even created some new ones) and then had 13 level six cards.

I mean, without an entire set including the evolutions, it wouldn't really be clear what Royal Knights they'd be connected to.

Holy Keramon?

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could Dracomon having Wingdramon and Groundramon in the background instead of Slayerdramon and Breakdramon in a set meant to have it as an Examon standin be a reference to Examon's old Card Game Alpha cards that evolved from those two?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Holy Keramon?
At the end of Digimon Chronicles X Jesmon takes KeramonX/DiablomonX/OgudumonX’s Digitama and says he’ll adopt it and raise him to be a glorious new Royal Knight - heavily implying plans to create a Paladin Keramon evolution line and that a new version of Keramon will become the new Hakumon.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could Dracomon having Wingdramon and Groundramon in the background instead of Slayerdramon and Breakdramon in a set meant to have it as an Examon standin be a reference to Examon's old Card Game Alpha cards that evolved from those two?
Wingdramon and Groundramon cards from EX3 is the recent reference to the old DCG Alpha.

In terms of appearance, Wingdramon and Groundramon are the latest bestial and natural dragon-like digimon in Dracomon's evolution line. Before they become the knight and the berserk. Maybe this could be the reason. As they really fit to be in the shadow behind Dracomon the pure blooded dragon.