Card Game Ghost Game Promo Pack Previews from Bandai Display

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tcg_gg0_october19_2021.jpg

Bandai generally has their office corner display setup based on something new that's just coming out, and at the moment it features Ghost Game.

On top of the normal key art images, they also have the Gammamon mascot costume on display, a big poster sized Dim Card and Digivice V, plus Ghost Game cards!

The cards are what we are most interested in at the moment...

tcg_gg1_october19_2021.jpg
tcg_gg2_october19_2021.jpg
tcg_gg3_october19_2021.jpg
gammamonpromo_september30_2021.png
They have a card display in front of the Gammamon suit.

It shows off the upcoming 11th Starter Deck, Special Entry Set, and it's connection to Ghost Game. They also display Booster Sets 6 and 7, plus Classic Collection.

Then we get a row of cards. The 2 on the end are Agumon and WarGreymon from classic collection. The other 6 are Ghost Game promo cards we haven't seen before, except Gammamon.

Gammamon was announced as being part of the 'Ghost Game Promo Pack', and we've gotten a preview of that card from right before the show started. Based on the display, and the large display cards of Angoramon and Jellymon, the promo pack looks like it'll be the 3 kids and their Digimon from the anime (not unexpected.)

This gives us our first look at cards for all 3 kids, plus the other 2 Digimon partners, all using artwork in the style of the show.

No release details for the Promo Pack have been announced yet.

Thanks to de_gi_no_gen_2 and digimon_tcg_sp (2) for the images and heads up.

ST-11 Special Entry Set is due for release on November 26th, the same day as Booster 8 New Hero, both of which will feature Ghost Game cards.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards.

We have the first info for Booster Set 8 New Hero & the Special Entry Set.

We also have our first details for Starter Decks 9 and 10 Ultimate Ancient Dragon & Tactician from Another World. Plus the 2nd Theme Booster, Digimon Tamers.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 9,031

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, their Inherited effects all mention their respective Tamers so I wonder if they'll just be in the next Booster pack or if they'll be Promo cards as well.

Forget that, I am dumb and did not see the Tamer cards in the other picture. o_O

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angoramon isn't even a plant or bug he should've been blue as well

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome Ghost Game cards

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Terriermon is Green, so it's not like there isn't precedent. We also have the Tyranomon line in green, so it's not like you need to be plant/bug.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like they use anime artwork, I see no artist name.

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Terriermon is Green, so it's not like there isn't precedent. We also have the Tyranomon line in green, so it's not like you need to be plant/bug.
Green also has Liollmon, Leomon, Grappu Leomon and Bancho Leomon

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. This digimon card game 2020 gives us the power to tsukkomi.

I really thought Angoramon will get yellow card but I guess it's really hard to judge like that.

Wolfry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how they're going to localize Kyoshirou's card in English considering how long his surname is.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how they're going to localize Kyoshirou's card in English considering how long his surname is.
That's a point actually, will the card game dictate what a potential dub of GG ends up naming the human characters. :unsure:

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a point actually, will the card game dictate what a potential dub of GG ends up naming the human characters. :unsure:

I doubt it gets changed but itd be like Digimon World DS where they used the Japanese names for the Data Squad cast then made up new names when the actual anime aired. I don't foresee any changes here there's not really any reason to. Now if they did change his name to Kyle or something then suddenly I'd assume a dub would be round the corner at that point.

Last edited:

Wolfry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I doubt it gets changed but itd be like Digimon World DS where they used the Japanese names for the Data Squad cast then made up new games when the actual anime aired. I don't foresee any changes here there's not really any reason to. Now if they did change his name to Kyle or something then suddenly I'd assume a dub would be round the corner at that point.
They tend to use the dub names for tamers in the english card game, unless there's no dub version. Considering his full name is Kyoshirou Higashimitarai I doubt it'd naturally fit unless they edit the text a little, which would be kind of awkward when next to the other tamer names. (Or they change his name.)

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ever since green debuted I never saw it as the "bug and plant" color, I saw it as the color of digimon you would find in more plant dense environments; as in, if you go into a forest or jungle what species would you expect to find? Things like Vorvomon and Jazamon probably not but I could easily imagine coming across Agumons or Angoramons.
To be honest, it was lumping in mammal digimon alongside aquatic and ice digimon in blue that I thought was weird as they don't share similar environments or biology but I quickly just accepted it as the selection of water and ice digimon just being smaller and needing more things to group into it.
A blue Angoramon or yellow Angoramon I could also easily see, it would be things like red, black, or purple Angoramons that would have me raising questions if there's more to Angoramon's evolution line than I know about

Gamamon
[Inherited Effect]: [Your Turn] While you have [Hiro Amanokawa] in play, this Digimon gets +2000 DP

Hiro Amanokawa
[Your Turn] When your Digimon with [Gammamon] in its digivolution cards attacks, you may suspend this card to give that Digimon <Security Attack+1> for the turn.
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

Angoramon
[Inherited Effect]: [When Attacking] (Once per turn) If you have a [Ruli Tsukuyono] in play, gain 1 memory.

Ruli Tsukuyono
[Your Turn] When your Digimon with [Angoramon] in its digivolution cards attacks, you may suspend this tamer to give that Digimon +3000 DP for the turn.

Jellymon
[Inherited Effect]: [When Attacking] (Once per turn) If you have a [Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai] in play, <Draw 1>.

Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai
[Your Turn] When your Digimon with [Jellymon] in its digivolution cards attacks, you may suspend this Tamer to give that Digimon <Jamming> for the turn.