Card Game Booster Set EX-05 Animal Colosseum Details- Four Holy Beasts, Huanglongmon, Sunburst & Moonlight, & More

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my mood shifted from 😃 when reading Sayo and Koh to 😐 reading about the Deva.
I don't hate the Deva, I even love my little Kumbhiramon, but a lot of them don't have interesting designs and just clog up space. Why do they all have to be here at once? I don't think I've ever met a Digimon fan who's like "oh boy, all the Devas? My favorites!"

I mean, we just got a set with all 13 Royal Knights and they each already had at least one card.

Meanwhile more than half of the Deva will be new to the card game.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, we just got a set with all 13 Royal Knights and they each already had at least one card.
the Royal Knights was the main theme of the set with every other card relating directly to the Royal Knights theme.
Here it comes across a lot more as multiple themes trying to find space in one booster.
Who knows, maybe they'll pull it off well

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the Royal Knights was the main theme of the set with every other card relating directly to the Royal Knights theme.
Here it comes across a lot more as multiple themes trying to find space in one booster.
Who knows, maybe they'll pull it off well

Most sets have more than one theme. Booster 13 was about the Royal Knights and Savers.

This set's themes are the Four Holy Beasts and Sunburst/Moonlight. The Deva are the servants and traditional pre-evolutions of the Four Holy Beasts.

Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most sets have more than one theme. Booster 13 was about the Royal Knights and Savers.

This set's themes are the Four Holy Beasts and Sunburst/Moonlight. The Deva are the servants and traditional pre-evolutions of the Four Holy Beasts.
it should have been twelve Kumbhiramon instead. Two for every color

Muur

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be weirder to not have the Deva in a set focused on the Holy Beasts. The Beasts minions coming with them makes sense and it's nice to get more Digimon that don't have cards yet crossed off the list making the goal of everything getting a card one step closer

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be weirder to not have the Deva in a set focused on the Holy Beasts.
I mean, you say that, but I think it's actually more common to see the Holy Beasts without the Deva than it is to see them with them. Which I don't like, but it's not like I get a say in anything.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus, when it comes to the Devas it's really only a spare few that really get a good amount of attention in the franchise. Both as a group and individually as Digimon they can use more focus and having them all in a set dedicated to their lords and the lore around them is a very fitting way to do it.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus, when it comes to the Devas it's really only a spare few that really get a good amount of attention in the franchise.
By "spare few", I think you mean literally just Andiramon (and that's mainly by virtue of its relationship to Lopmon, with the Deva version mostly supplanting the original Virus counterpart, ironically enough). Some were lucky enough to be graced with a one-off appearance here and there (notably Majiramon's recent appearance in Ghost Game), but I'd hardly call that a good amount of attention.

Muur

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus, when it comes to the Devas it's really only a spare few that really get a good amount of attention in the franchise.
By "spare few", I think you mean literally just Andiramon (and that's mainly by virtue of its relationship to Lopmon, with the Deva version mostly supplanting the original Virus counterpart, ironically enough). Some were lucky enough to be graced with a one-off appearance here and there (notably Majiramon's recent appearance in Ghost Game), but I'd hardly call that a good amount of attention.
All 13 did get to appear together in ReArise and pretty much every chapter of S2 featured at least one member and towards the end would have like 9 per chapter