Card Game Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being on December 23rd, plus Official Card Sleeves 2022 Version 2.0

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
cardgame_september22_2020.jpg

We have the first information for Digimon Card Game Booster Set EX-04.

As always with super early information take it with a grain of salt.

The 4th theme booster will be called "Alternative Being" and will be released on December 23rd, 2022.

Based on the name and some other info, it appears the theme will be alternative Digimon (subspecies, alternate evolutions, that sort of thing.)

Some additional info suggests Omegamon Alter-S and ShineGreymon will have a focus, but it isn't clear at the moment if that's solid info, or just solid guessing based on what else is coming out the same day (more info on that below), although both make sense based on the theme and that they haven't gotten cards in awhile.

This will be the fourth theme booster. Theme boosters are smaller booster sets, based on a single unifying theme (unlike the main booster sets, which have one main theme, and any number of sub-themes), and generally have many parallel cards.

We aren't sure on the number of cards, but based on prior EX Boosters, something like this seems likely:
Common- 26
Uncommon- 20
Rare- 18
Super Rare- 8
Secret Rare- 2

A high number of parallel cards (prior EX boosters have had 18 and 30.)

Hopefully more details (and possibly a sales sheet) soon.

Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase is out September 30th, 2022.
Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon is out October 28th, 2022.
Booster Set 12 Across Time is out November 25th, 2022.

In addition Official Card Sleeves 2022 Version 2.0 will be released the same day with 4 sleeve types:
Mirei
Rina
Omegamon Alter-S
ShineGreymon

Thanks to de_gi_no_gen_2, digicaplayer, & cardland_bs for the info.

We have early details for Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon.

We have early details for Booster Set 12 Across Time.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase, Battle Pack 14, & Special Promotion Pack 2022 Version 3.0.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards
Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards

Attachments

• cardgame_september22_2020.jpg
    cardgame_september22_2020.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 7,906

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alternate forms and ShineGreymon, that's Ruin Mode's chance to get into the card game/DRB

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh ShineGreymon gets more and more cards? At least give MirageGaogamon more new cards for combos!

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alternate forms and ShineGreymon, that's Ruin Mode's chance to get into the card game/DRB
I didn't consider this but now I'm interested in the Shine return when I was neutral beforehand. I really hope they take the opportunity!
Likewise I only care to see Alter-S again if they also include Abbadomon Core, ideally with alt arts that join into a bigger art of them fighting

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh ShineGreymon gets more and more cards? At least give MirageGaogamon more new cards for combos!
Actually, they both have roughly the same number of cards now. Though if ShineGreymon gets more support he will have almost twice as many cards.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BanchoLeomon and Agumon Burst Mode, as well.

Unfortunate is not a Savers themed EX set. We could get the Gizmon in there too.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we'll get a 8 Tamers card of Adventure:, considering we will get Alter-S. Or a 2 Tamers card for only Taichi and Yamato.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine if we actually got Bancholeomon Burst Mode or Sleipmon Burst Mode. Would be absolutely nuts.

(Omegaarmamon Burst Mode was also a thing but we're just now starting to get old video game onlys, that one will probably not be high priority.)

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine if we actually got Bancholeomon Burst Mode or Sleipmon Burst Mode. Would be absolutely nuts.

(Omegaarmamon Burst Mode was also a thing but we're just now starting to get old video game onlys, that one will probably not be high priority.)
I actually did not even know Sleipmon Burst Mode was a thing. Just looked it up. Hope they make it.

I feel a Story centered set will come eventually.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We would get Alter-S in a set named Alternative Being. So Alter-B would be coming too I guess. The only Omegamon that hasn't got the card, right.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only Omegamon that hasn't got the card, right.
Omekamon doesn't have a card! Neither does Omedamon.

(But yes, joke/April Fools'/fake Omegamons aside, Alter B is the only one left.)

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be cool if they release Omekamon card exclusively in the next April Fools.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be cool if they release Omekamon card exclusively in the next April Fools.
Doing a quick crossover bit with Grey Wars, Garuru Metal, Omedamon, and Omega Knight would be interesting, especially as that'd mean we'd get a Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon variant at Level 5 and possibly an Omegamon variant at Level 6 (something I was hoping would happen back in Battle of Omega, since you could directly evolve Omegashoutmon into it that way, but something we've still not gotten).