Capsule Mascot Collection Premium Series 1 Details, Images, and Pre-Orders are Open!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been a bit of a wait since we first found out about this...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first series of Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Premium figures!

The first look we had at these were back at Digimon Thanksgiving when a prototype of BlitzGreymon was on display!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The theme behind the new line is 'The Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Evolves!'

Just like the normal Capsule Mascot Collection figures, each figure is made to be a 3d representation of the official Bandai art for the Digimon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first figure is BlitzGreymon, a newer Digimon who first appeared in the 20th Anniversary V-Pet!

This is the first figure BlitzGreymon has ever had and it's roughly 3 inches tall. The figure looks fantastic from every angle!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some comments from Kenji Watanabe about BlitzGreymon!

I'd say BlitzGreymon is really the highlight of this set. You can really feel its volume and it has an amazing texture to it. The pose is also cool. I want it myself. In terms of figure lineup I would have thought 'why this [particular Digimon]'?, but this time it's rather 'This is it!'
There is also a longer interview with him that hopefully we will get a translation of.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Also in the first series will be two more Digimon, but instead of from something newer, they are both from the original 1.0 V-Pet!

Meramon! His paint scheme helps produce the look of flames and he's about 1.75 inches tall.

Airdramon! The paint scheme for Airdramon helps reproduce the look of his art and he's roughly 2.2 inches tall.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first series will also include 5 additional figures that have been released before!

Botamon, Koromon, Agumon, Greymon, and MetalGreymon! (These are the 'exact' figures released in the Capsule Mascot Collection series 1, 2, and 3.)

With them and BlitzGreymon you get a full evolution line from beginning to end!

It's a nice set of 8 figures!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-orders for Series 1 of the Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Premium are open right now at Premium Bandai! The set costs 4,980 yen and shipping is scheduled for March 2019.

But then they've decided to leave us with a bit extra...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

'And the Capsule Mascot Collection will keep evolving!'

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Teasers for the next series of Capsule Mascot Collection Premium figures, silhouettes of Whamon, CresGarurumon, and Birdramon!

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Update- Cleaned up the translation a bit thanks to garm.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is amazing. Almost makes me regret pre-ordering the Digital Monster X so I'd have the money for this. Almost.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BlitzGreymon and the others look gorgeous!! Confirmed to be the canon evolution of the original MetalGreymon as hinted in the Digital Monster 20th Artbook. If only they make a figure for GraceNovamon and Rasielmon...I'd whatever it takes to get one of them.
BlitzGreymon was the end of the Greymon line from the revised 1.0 in the 20th V-Pet.

We've known this for quite awhile, it has nothing to do with any type of canon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tend to think 'Why?',
Unusually candid moment from a Bandai employee. Of course, I have the same thought all the time about Digimon products, so this is kind of reassuring. lol

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha, I literally bought the whole Greymon line in anticipation of Blitzgreymon. Now I'll have dupes. Can probably sell them on eBay to recoup some losses.

All look great though. BlitzGreymon is nice and colorful, and the attention to detail on Meramon is outstanding. He definitely looks more sinister in the figure incarnation though, not that I mind.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cleaned up the translation a bit thanks to garm.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BlitzGreymon really does stand out
Hope Airdramon and Meramon stands out too....and is not like Angemon and Devimon b4 (they didnt look that good imo lol)

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
-Eyes up MetalGreymon figure on desk that he paid a bit too much for- SON OF A BI-

...Oh well, guess I'll be getting this too :D

Last edited:

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it me, or does BlitzGreymon's red color scheme make me think of ShineGreymon Burst Mode?

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It does remind me of ShineGreymon BM lol

Hope it can move its arms xD

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I NEED these in my life. I was excited enough for blitz but meramon looks amazing

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a bit torn on these... the rough texture that they are using for the figures works great for some of them but worse for others. I realize they are emulating the grungy style of the early artwork but even then it's an aesthetic that only looks good on organic designs. It looks fantastic on Meramon and the Agumon line but BlitzGreymon who is very much a product of the later sleeker and cleaner generation of Digimon designs just looks kind of cheap with it. Having this uneven and noisy look all over the metal parts that are clearly smooth and shiny in his actual design is a weird visual clash that I just can't really overlook. Airdramon veers in the same direction since his skin has been portrayed as being on the glossier side before... but it's not as distracting with him.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way they're doing this is actually pretty awful. 8 minifigures, 5 unique and 3 duplicates on HLJ were about 2500 yen. This is about 5000 yen plus middleman fees for 8 figures 5 of which are duplicates from previous series. And in terms of Digimon choices if it was just Greymon figures or just BlitzGreymon I'd understand, but if you want to complete the Vpet rosters without buying new 20th bigger figures like Blitz and Cres you need to buy these because Airdramon and Meramon are here and Whamon and Birdramon for the next. It's not even really high end collector figs, it's all gashapon toys.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's another blog post about this.
https://gashapon.jp/blog/?p=4132
Yeah, I saw.

Honestly, there isn't much of interest.

The most interesting thing is pointing out it's being sold via Premium Bandai because BlitzGreymon wouldn't have fit in a gashapon container.

Which is a bit of a cop out of a marketing answer (although it's always possible it was a more detailed answer that was shortened for publishing.)