Call for Donations

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you can spare anything for donations please consider doing so. Either by using the built in donate system of the forum, sending money via Paypal to godofchaos@gmail.com or via Amazon Payments (PM me for information on how to do this.)

I have hopes that if we can get some donations that we can upgrade our hosting before Fusion starts and the deluge of new people starts (well, the deluge has already started as some people have no doubt noticed the forum being a bit slower.)

If you have any questions feel free to ask either here or in a PM.

Kaid115

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
how much do you need to purchase the upgrade

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
how much do you need to purchase the upgrade
It's not an upgrade like when we got new software. It'd be to change our hosting plan, which charges on a monthly basis. The hope would be to get enough people to donate on a normal basis to upgrade to 'something', what that is, I don't know, as it could (and would) change depending on the amount that reoccurs every month (basically finding a nice balanced level between low months and high months so I don't get smacked with high bills.) And at the moment, donations don't even cover the rather minimal amount we have now (shared hosting overall, with a small VPS for the MySQL.)

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will gladly give a few bucks to the forum. I hate to see it go down because of money issues. Plus, we need a place to expand our Digimon fandom!
Even though I don't make that much money as a school sub.. I still want to donate!

*stares*
What about you? Yes, you there... thinking "Naw, someone else will do it." Just like that poor girl that got murdered in New York. Her screams could be heard in the apartment complex as she was being stabbed to death. Because "someone else will call for help." Are you that person? Will you sit by while this site is being stabbed to death by money issues?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
'reads above'

I'd laugh, but I'm kind of worried Neko will appear behind me and shank me with a shiv (or shiv me with a shank?)

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think comparing donations with the bystander effect or Kitty Genovese's case is appropriate. You don't lose much but time when you make a call to 911, but making a donation means you personally lose money.

Anyway, I've wanted to donate for a while, but I don't have a credit card. If Marc can settle for a $5 Amazon gift card from Bing Rewards, I could send it next time I have enough points....

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think comparing donations with the bystander effect or Kitty Genovese's case is appropriate. You don't lose much but time when you make a call to 911, but making a donation means you personally lose money.

Anyway, I've wanted to donate for a while, but I don't have a credit card. If Marc can settle for a $5 Amazon gift card from Bing Rewards, I could send it next time I have enough points....
I don't disagree that it isn't necessarily appropriate, but look at half the conversations we have. Half of them aren't quite right anyways.

As for the gift card, there is no way to have that directly help the site. If you just wanna give it to me as a gift wherein I can waste it on something for myself (digital book or comic or random whatever) feel free, it'll be appreciated.