Buying Spare Parts

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys. I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. I've been wanting to repair a few damaged Vpets I have. Some need new screens, some need soldering etc. Does anyone know where I might buy new LCD screens for the original Vpets? I have ebayed and googled to no avail so I am starting to think it isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unfortunately they aren't really standard parts, and Bandai certainly doesn't sell them separately, so your best bet may be to buy the cheapest possible used vpet you can find and harvest from it.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update. I watched a few YouTube videos and i just pressed really hard on the screen figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I have two working screens after all these years of thinking they were broken! I still need to solder the sound wires on one, but i'm pretty chuffed with the unexpected results.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update. I watched a few YouTube videos and i just pressed really hard on the screen figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I have two working screens after all these years of thinking they were broken! I still need to solder the sound wires on one, but i'm pretty chuffed with the unexpected results.
Fantastic! The screens rely on pressure to form connections, so if you tighten up that connection any time you see it happen, you'll be good to go!

Ras Yahni

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been researching and I'm debating making a mold to cast replacement buttons for vpets and pendulums. I'll share the fruits of my labor on here when I have something solid to show off.