Bulcomon's Ultimate Form from Encounters

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for an Encounters update...

We don't always cover new Digimon in news, but we've covered Bulcomon and his appearances and news for awhile, so it seems about right to finally post about the end result...

Bulcomon's Ultimate has finally appeared in Digimon Encounters, the Chinese mobile game.

Bulcomon was introduced last year as the mascot character of Digimon Encounters, and going back as far as his initial introduction, they teased his Ultimate form via silhouettes.

We finally have a good look at him, and he looks like a pretty big ice warrior.

A profile shot of him.

We don't have a Japanese or English name for him yet, but going off the Chinese characters that make up his name, 冰空领主兽 and going off other Chinese Digimon names, then converting to roughly what the equivalent Digimon name would be in English, it appears it would end up 'something' akin to LordIcemon.

Interesting looking Digimon, hopefully we get some larger images soon!

Thanks to Ulforce_Soul for the images.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure what its Japanese/English name will end up being, but its Chinese name literally means: icy sky (冰空) lord (领主) mon (兽).

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure what its Japanese/English name will end up being, but its Chinese name literally means: icy sky (冰空) lord (领主).
What I got roughly out of the full Chinese name was...

'Ice Sky Lord Beast'

I spoke to someone who told me 'ice sky' written like that would work decently as just 'ice' without further additions.

The name formation itself I based by looking at various Digimon names that had similiar elements in Chinese and looking at their Japanese/English names to come up with a rough equivalent.

Obviously there is a good chance that LordIcemon, IceLordmon (or even throwing in sky there also) will likely 'not' be the Japanese/English names we get, LordIcemon is just something reasonably clean to call him for now 'based' on the Chinese name.

Just to explain my thought process in getting to the stand in name.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It came so much quicker than Herissmons lol. Don't really like it tbh.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So from what I've found, this icy boii is actually enemy only right now. comments about the digimon in chinese on weibo seem to be talking about recolours for some reason (google translate, but then again theyre also posting pics of recolour digimon anyway)

Also weird that he is no longer a dragon, I guess. dropped the Dra- and the Draco parts.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish I could see it better, it's hard to form an opinion from such a vague image. Hopefully soon we'll see it properly!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gasp... Wait Bulcomon's Ultimate form, IceLordmon didn't have Dra or Dragon thingies? Although he is Ice Dragon? Wow. Like Guilmon's!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is interesting. Can't wait to see once there's a bigger/better picture. Glad we have all of them now though.

DL22003

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gasp... Wait Bulcomon's Ultimate form, IceLordmon didn't have Dra or Dragon thingies? Although he is Ice Dragon? Wow. Like Guilmon's!
It doesn't have the '龙' in the name like his previous evolutions, but yeah probably it's a similar case like with Guilmon and Dukemon.

DBxDigimon_fan

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda wish they'd get more creative and make more digimon that are like monsters instead of all these humanoid, mech-knight looking ones.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the line of Blucomon (but for the Rookie form) because they don't look like Digimon-esque to me but more like Gormiti, but hey exclusive Digimon is always welcome! Also Digimon is well know for its wide range of different design styles so. I think I need a better sight of the Ultimate form and the others to see if I get used to it.

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, the more I see these knight-like Digimon, the more I think there's gonna be a Neo Royal Knights/Royal Lords group forming.

First RagnaLordmon, now LordIcemon.

What's next, Herrismon's Mega being LordFerromon?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aside from their knightly aesthetics, all of the Royal Knights are classified as Holy Knight-type Digimon. While not mandatory, if not a central theme, large Digimon groups will usually at least share the same type: Holy Knight for Royal Knights, God Man for Olympos XII, Demon Lord for the SGDL (Warrior Ten are an exception, but their diversity in Digimon species/types is part of the theme). I highly doubt that "LordIcemon" will share RagnaLordmon's Unique-type, which seems to represent Digimon that "should not exist."

On a side note, ReArise's story seems to be ramping up. We might see Herissmon's Mega soon (or at least, a dark evolution Mega).

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the line of Blucomon (but for the Rookie form) because they don't look like Digimon-esque to me but more like Gormiti, but hey exclusive Digimon is always welcome! Also Digimon is well know for its wide range of different design styles so. I think I need a better sight of the Ultimate form and the others to see if I get used to it.
Holy crap, Gormiti, there's something I haven't heard of in forever haha

It makes sense that Blucomon and co. look a little different than most Digimon since they're created primarily for a Chinese audience, and they have their own aesthetic preferences. And I've always liked how different some Digimon can look. It just kinda makes the Digital World feel a bit bigger to me.