Brave Shield Parallel Card Preview for Booster Set 1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated again with a look at another card from Booster Set 1 New Evolution. This time it's another parallel card.

Just a few parallel cards left.

This time we get to see the parallel version of the Brave Shield card, which was previously unrevealed, officially at least (we added the standard card next to it for comparison purposes.)

The parallel card for Brave Shield feels cartoony in a different way than the standard card (along with the obvious part of having it on his back instead of holding it frontwards.) The fire around him and the shield being closed from behind almost feels like it's meant to be a bit of a riff on the warp evolution sequence. Having the crest of courage shining is a nice touch.

Booster Set 1 is scheduled to release on May 15th. A preview of all the cards we know of at this time can be found here.

Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is out in July, it can be pre-ordered at HLJ. (Not an affiliate link, it does show it came from WtW.) Details of that set can be found here.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 1:

Attachments

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this is the first time Wargreymon uses his brave shield in stuff aside from anime....

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way WarGreymon’s left eye is drawn in the parallel art definitely makes it feel like he’s outright challenging you to attack his back. Having the utmost confidence in your defence is not necessarily something I associate with WarGreymon, but since the card allows you to become a Blocker, I guess it’s like saying WarGreymon could be ultra-defensive if it wanted to be.