Booster Set 2 Secret Rare & Parallel Cards from Fun Digica Episode 26

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Episode 26 of Fun Digica went up earlier

The new episode of Fun Digica has Cody and Hideyoshi introduce a nice stack of cards from Booster Set 2, nearly all of which will be high in demand...

A number of these we have seen in lower quality, or seen the art from elsewhere, but this is the first time we are getting great looks at everything.

Let's look at the cards.... first up, a relatively standard card...

The only standard card shown off is for Impmon. It has really nice art with some great shading, along with what appears to be a number of wanted posters for Beelzebumon...

Then we get the Secret Rares.

BlackWarGreymon and Beelzebumon we both first saw in a V-Jump preview, but now we get to see the art nice and detailed.

For BlackWarGreymon we see him charging up his version of Gaia Force.
For Beelzebumon we get new artwork by Kenji Watanabe. It feels very reminiscent of a number of different images of Beelzebumon, while having some nice flair to it.

And then last up, Parallel cards for 10 well known Ultimate level Digimon!

WarGreymon, Diablomon, Pinochimon, MetalSeadramon, Mugendramon, Piemon, MetalGarurumon, ShineGreymon, ULForceV-dramon, and Dukemon all get parallel art cards this time around! And each features new artwork done for the set by As'Maria.

Each features slightly a raw lineart style, giving them a unique and fun look. The coloring style is also done minimal, making them all stand out.

While the artwork was done for the set, we actually have seen all 10 images before in a promo poster for Booster Set 2.

Having a bunch of parallel cards having a theme around them (in this case artwork by As'Maria that is different in style than what we often see from him) is a nice twist for the parallel cards.

One of the bigger updates we've had for Booster Set 2, along with some really great looking art.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is scheduled to release on July 22nd.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 2:
Index of Fun Digica & Card Battle episodes:

Attachments

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really dig the As'Maria parallels. Funnily enough, it reminds me of MTG Ikoria's own alternate style cards. And it is very appropriate the secret rares are from the new colors.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes been waiting for BWG to show up, both are great looking designs on cards

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, so they did actually call him "BlackWarGreymon". I was wondering if they would ever since the previous Booster Secret Rare had "MetalGreymon" without the usual "Virus/Blue" appended to it. Though speaking of, it is a little weird that that MetalGreymon was a Red card but BWG is a Black card, so you can't Evolve the latter from the former. :unsure:

Anyways, the rest of the cards look really good. Especially loving the Parallels with the golden circuit board theme. <3

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He'll eventually get a Red card, @Rohan , he's too popular to not get multiple cards.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, so they did actually call him "BlackWarGreymon". I was wondering if they would ever since the previous Booster Secret Rare had "MetalGreymon" without the usual "Virus/Blue" appended to it. Though speaking of, it is a little weird that that MetalGreymon was a Red card but BWG is a Black card, so you can't Evolve the latter from the former. :unsure:

Anyways, the rest of the cards look really good. Especially loving the Parallels with the golden circuit board theme. <3
The Black in BlackWarGreymon is a part of its name. The "Virus" isn't a part of MetalGreymon's name. It's just a tagline used to distinguish between the Virus-attribute and Vaccine-attribute MetalGreymon. Both their names are "MetalGreymon."
The original Digimon TCG didn't distinguish between their names either. If a Digimon's listed pre-evolution is MetalGreymon, then both Virus and Vaccine applies.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Impmon looks awesome I really hope they make an English version of the card game soon.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would have posted the translations to these earlier but I was at work

Impmon
[When Destroyed] discard the top three cards from the top of your deck

Beelzemon
If you have 10 or more cards in your Trash, your "Impmon" can Digivolve into this card in your hand by paying 4 Memory

[When Digivolved] Destroy 1 of your opponents lv. 4 or lower Digimon

BlackWarGreymon
If your opponent has a Digimon with 10,000 or higher DP, you may play this card from your hand for 6 less Memory

[When Attacking] If this Digimon is battling your opponent's Digimon with the highest DP, this Digimon becomes Active

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Parrallel versions of the cards look really good. They look a little more "anime" style to me than the normal ones also.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I need every Dark Master card. So much.

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Black in BlackWarGreymon is a part of its name. The "Virus" isn't a part of MetalGreymon's name. It's just a tagline used to distinguish between the Virus-attribute and Vaccine-attribute MetalGreymon. Both their names are "MetalGreymon."
The original Digimon TCG didn't distinguish between their names either. If a Digimon's listed pre-evolution is MetalGreymon, then both Virus and Vaccine applies.
It's very inconsistent when we have BlackWarGreymon but then we have MetalGarurumon (Black)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's very inconsistent when we have BlackWarGreymon but then we have MetalGarurumon (Black)
It is inconsistent but it was an inconsistency introduced by the anime, not the other way around.
As pointed out in the post you quoted, in the card game BlackWarGreymon used to be WarGreymon (Virus) just like all virus variants before him. The same starter set that introduced him as a card also introduced MetalGarurumon (Virus), so it matched.

Now that card set was based on Zero Two but it was released several months before BlackWarGreymon's debut Episode. I assume the "Black" was officially prepended to his name just for the anime because attributes are not really that relevant in that medium (they exist but stuff like type advantage doesn't really matter or come up at all) so Toei probably just didn't want to confuse viewers by making it suddenly important for a single character.
Interestingly, Hyper Colosseum kept the name without the black in all his other cards as well, only the card games after that updated it to fit the Anime.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, very cool looking cards o_O:love: ultra force veedramon is amazing!! I will buy him and dukemon for sure.