Booster Set 1 Card Previews from Fun Digica Episode 12 (Plus Another Card Preview)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Episode 12 of Fun Digica went up earlier.

The new episode does something a bit different. It previews 8 new cards coming up for Booster Set 1, and the hosts did the show from home, since Japan is under a state of emergency due to coronavirus.

Just one normal screenshot, and then a look at the cards they showed off!

As for the cards they showed off... (plus one other...)

The first one is actually from the Digimon Card Game Twitter, which added a new card from Booster Set 1 New Evolution, so since we had 8 more cards to look at, seemed best to do them all at once.

They all have scaling issues as has been mentioned before (although one looks quite bad.)

The Twitter update was the option card Hellfire, as done by Cerberumon. It has a nice painted look to it with the green reflecting off Cerberumon for a nice visual.

As for the 8 cards from Fun Digica itself...
We have a nice card of Upamon running (bouncing?) with Tsubumon.
Agumon Hakase! In the artwork it appears he is researching, or lecturing, on various Digimon. The artwork looks to be a redraw of his standard profile artwork to a large degree. (I think this is the first card for Agumon Hakase?)
A really cute shot of Patamon doing Air Shot.
D'Arcmon is drawn lookign angelic with wind and light and falling feathers all around her.
GranKuwagamon has a menacing look mid attack.
WarGreymon looks great getting ready to strike with flames around him. As expected this is the artwork also being used on the upcoming special design memory gauge.
The option card Nail Crusher features SaberLeomon doing his attack.
And last up is the option card Flow Cannon, showing Lilymon doing one of her signature attacks.

Booster Set 1 is scheduled to release on May 15th.

Previous Episodes of Fun Digica:
Previous card previews for Booster Set 1:

Attachments

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so that Kokuwamon card grew up to be Gran Kuwagamon! I love that the Kuwagamon line has a start and finish. It's really nice to see Darcmon and Agumon Hakase this early on. The lighting in Darcmon's card is gorgeous but what really sticks out to me is the stylized and super interesting background for Agumon Hakase

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GranKuwagamon's art looks so good and menacing! Surprised to see D'arcmon and loved her angelic light artwork I really wish she should get her evo rather than that... Murmuxmon.

Cerberumon so Dobermon will be there? Didn't expect to see Agumon Hakase there.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny that we're seeing Hellfire before we see Cerberumon itself. Not sure if we've seen a SaberLeomon card before, or if Nail Crusher is our first glimpse of it.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We’ve already seen Cerberumon for this set actually, I’m pretty sure there’s a thread on WtW for it too. It was one of the earliest cards we got to see for this set through the card game Twitter.

Anyways, I’ve been continuously surprised by some of the Digimon choices for the card game so far. I mean, Upamon is a no brainer but I wasn’t expecting it in the first set. Darcmon is also a surprise, maybe not as much as Tinkermon was but it’s really cool nonetheless. Then there’s Agumon Hakase, which is also a surprise but maybe not to the same extent since it’s now technically the fifth Agumon card (just you know, not actually Agumon lol).

I love the WarGreymon and GranKuwagamon cards, they’re amazing. This is probably the first time I’ve ever thought “wow, GranKuwagamon looks really cool. That SaberLeomon art looks great, too” to myself. Never thought I’d ever like either of those two Digimon, and now they’re amongst my favourite cards in this set alongside WarGreymon, Brave Shield, SkullGreymon, Seraphimon, and Omegamon. Skill and effect-wise, both GranKuwagamon and Nail Crusher are really powerful as well.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, we saw cerberumon with koemon when they started showing booster 1 cards iirc

so that Kokuwamon card grew up to be Gran Kuwagamon!
Yeah, very nice to see!
keepin on the artists drawin the whole line thing, it seems D'arcmon is ""supposed"" to evolve from tinkermon, which would be the first time tinkermon ever had anything close to an evolution line

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah Darcmon. I said I wanted the Tinkermon artist to draw more waifu Digimon art and I'm not disappointed. I wonder if that's intended to be a bit of an evolution link, that would be pretty cool. (All Holy Champions will be able to come from all Holy Rookies, but the artist doing both and both being blonde cuties make it an interesting link I hadn't thought of, at least)

Also Agumon Expert showing up shows they're just going all out niche with these cards lol. Now I wanna see Agumon in the anime dress up as him as a reference lol.

Give us more even niche Digimon.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, we saw cerberumon with koemon when they started showing booster 1 cards iirc

so that Kokuwamon card grew up to be Gran Kuwagamon!
Yeah, very nice to see!
keepin on the artists drawin the whole line thing, it seems D'arcmon is ""supposed"" to evolve from tinkermon, which would be the first time tinkermon ever had anything close to an evolution line
I'm hoping for Tinkermon to be able to Evolve to Kazemon/Fairymon somehow since it just makes too much sense IMO.

On the topic of Frontier, I still find it funny how the localization choose to be more Japanese than Japan itself when it comes to a few Digimon names.