Bond of?

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So obviously, for those who have seen the Kizuna films the major reveal, evolution wise, are the Bond forms. Assuming that all Chosen Children bearing a Crest,or an equivalent, achieve that level, with Sora being the exception, would say Davis, Cody, and Yolei have dual bond forms fused into one? Hawkmon, the Bond of Sincerity and Love, or do you all think that the bond forms would be unique to Tai and co.?

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Davis has a third one, so they could just use miracles.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But how would that qualify as a virtue?

I take that and the Digiegg of Destiny (Assuming it is canon within the continuity of the anime.) to be Digieggs particular to crisis states.

Nevertheless, even if they went that route with Davis, where does that leave Yolei, Cody, and Ken?

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it were to happen I would like it to either reveal the there’s own unique virtues(off the top of my head like Conviction, Justice and Dignity), or just reveal every chosen child has at least one of the 8 original virtues. Daisuke would default to Friendship, Miyako Purity and Iori Sincerity. I realize those are all their second DigiMentals, but I just think those virtues are more true to their character then their first one.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it were to happen I would like it to either reveal the there’s own unique virtues(off the top of my head like Conviction, Justice and Dignity), or just reveal every chosen child has at least one of the 8 original virtues. Daisuke would default to Friendship, Miyako Purity and Iori Sincerity. I realize those are all their second DigiMentals, but I just think those virtues are more true to their character then their first one.

That's an interesting take on it.
Had they switched things up, I would have liked to see Love + Knowledge = Philosophy/Wisdom

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess besides all of the Adventure chosen potentially getting a Bond form (And I don't actually see why Sora would be an exception), I am not sure how much sense any sort of "dual" Bond form would make. Like if some bond form can be achieved without being super exceptional in one single attribute but by being 50% exceptional in two, then with that logic literally anyone should just be able to have multi-bond forms from a mixture of like ten different traits or something... So I'm not sure where a line could be drawn.

But how would that qualify as a virtue?
It wouldn't necessarily have to be a virtue. Without some convoluted mental gymnastics, "light" is not a virtue either and no one tends to complain about that.

I take that and the Digiegg of Destiny (Assuming it is canon within the continuity of the anime.) to be Digieggs particular to crisis states.
They could be, but the worst case would just be that any bond forms based on them could also be exclusive to crisis state. From the limited lore we have on them, Bond forms in general could already be inherently achievable only in a "crisis state" ...in which case it would make no difference.

Nevertheless, even if they went that route with Davis, where does that leave Yolei, Cody, and Ken?
Wouldn't Ken be the one who causes the least issues? After all, he's the only character debuting in 02 with his "proper" crest of kindness.
And I guess the same goes for the design of a potential Bond form as well; With Stingmon already being fairly humanoid, he could be fairly easily redesigned with that in mind.

But in the end I don't think there'd be anything wrong from a conceptional standpoint if the other Zero Two characters jszt wouldn't get Bond forms.
The whole "Homeostasis personally picked you for being ultra unique" does not neccesarily apply to them, really. Minus being compatible with Digimon species that were themselves compatible with the ancient Armor shenanigans there isn't really much to suggest that they are any more inherently special than any of the other dozens of children that were chosen during the Diablomon fight and other public Digimon incidents.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And I don't actually see why Sora would be an exception
Well in keeping with Kizuna, Sora's bond with Biyomon dissipated before any Biyomon Bond of Love could be manifested. Mind you, Menoa's bond with Morphomon, and by Menoa's logic, previous Chosen Children would have dissipated without a Bond form manifesting, so it goes without saying.
It wouldn't necessarily have to be a virtue. Without some convoluted mental gymnastics, "light" is not a virtue either and no one tends to complain about that.
Perhaps this qualifies as mental gymnastics, but I chart it out this way:

Wisdom; Knowledge
Prudence; Friendship (This is a hard sell for me.)
Justice; Purity
Fortitude; Reliability
Courage; Courage
Liberality; Kindness
Magnificence; Light
Magnanimity; Hope
Temperance; Love

They could be, but the worst case would just be that any bond forms based on them could also be exclusive to crisis state. From the limited lore we have on them, Bond forms in general could already be inherently achievable only in a "crisis state" ...in which case it would make no difference.
Fair.

Wouldn't Ken be the one who causes the least issues? After all, he's the only character debuting in 02 with his "proper" crest of kindness.
And I guess the same goes for the design of a potential Bond form as well; With Stingmon already being fairly humanoid, he could be fairly easily redesigned with that in mind.

Contextually, it pertained to the application of the Digieggs as a Bond Form.

I actually have no problem seeing Wormmon having become something closer to Hudiemon, but I also think Ken and Kari should have been the one's to jogress... I've moved away from seeing Ken's crest as a rose, but rather as a stylized pair of hands cupping a seed. But anyway, Ken presents a dilemma as he never activated his crest. So much potential that could have been explored through that.

But in the end I don't think there'd be anything wrong from a conceptional standpoint if the other Zero Two characters jszt wouldn't get Bond forms.
The whole "Homeostasis personally picked you for being ultra unique" does not neccesarily apply to them, really. Minus being compatible with Digimon species that were themselves compatible with the ancient Armor shenanigans there isn't really much to suggest that they are any more inherently special than any of the other dozens of children that were chosen during the Diablomon fight and other public Digimon incidents.
I personally have no problem with this. Namely in that I see the original cast being exceptional by means of the Crests and its role in evolution of their partners.

I suppose it depends what one means by Bond forms. Are the Bond forms tied to a virtue, or do all partners carry within them the seeds of that bond within themselves?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wisdom; Knowledge
Justice; Purity
Fortitude; Reliability
Courage; Courage
Liberality; Kindness
Magnificence; Light
Magnanimity; Hope
Temperance; Love

I'd consider that fairly gymnastic. Few people (least of all Digimon's creators) would make those connections.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wisdom; Knowledge
Justice; Purity
Fortitude; Reliability
Courage; Courage
Liberality; Kindness
Magnificence; Light
Magnanimity; Hope
Temperance; Love

I'd consider that fairly gymnastic. Few people (least of all Digimon's creators) would make those connections.
Aristotle's Virtue Ethics are pretty well known.

Perhaps not the 1:1 ratio I proposed above, but it is implicit to the franchise.

SkullGreymon is born of Rashness vs. MetalGreymon of Courage.

The show never sought to explore all facets, but they could have.