Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

ehh123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone ever watch the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo anime, especially the dub? I'm only asking because it has so many connections to Digimon and not just because they were both produced by Toei Animation. A lot of the voice cast from the Saban/Disney Digimon dubs played Bobobo characters. Also, the jokey way they wrote the scripts also reminded me of the Saban dubs, only it was a better fit here because while Bobobo had the structure of a typical shonen story, it was really a madcap comedy.

ehh123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fun Fact our own MarcFBR worked on the Physical Release stuff for it in the last few years. Not seen it myself though lol.
As in the Discotek release?

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember being super intrigued by it during the super short timeframe I saw a dub of it on my area's Cartoon Network as a kid because I had never seen a show that absurdist before. I also found it hilarious back then, which I feel reflects the type of humor I would like later in life with the absurdities of internet culture really shaping what I find to be funny.
I'd rewatch it now as an adult but I'm worried it might not hold up like it did when I was a kid

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen a lot of it. It's very fun. I heard it was canceled because it was too absurd. Or somehow violent?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone ever watch the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo anime, especially the dub? I'm only asking because it has so many connections to Digimon and not just because they were both produced by Toei Animation. A lot of the voice cast from the Saban/Disney Digimon dubs played Bobobo characters. Also, the jokey way they wrote the scripts also reminded me of the Saban dubs, only it was a better fit here because while Bobobo had the structure of a typical shonen story, it was really a madcap comedy.

I remember being super intrigued by it during the super short timeframe I saw a dub of it on my area's Cartoon Network as a kid because I had never seen a show that absurdist before. I also found it hilarious back then, which I feel reflects the type of humor I would like later in life with the absurdities of internet culture really shaping what I find to be funny.
I'd rewatch it now as an adult but I'm worried it might not hold up like it did when I was a kid

Bo-bobo holds up well enough for what it is. It's mostly just if the humor will still hit you. And if it doesn't, the Japanese version is on the current release, with it's own similar, but a bit different, humor.

And as mentioned above, I did work on that one, a lot.