MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Higher resolution art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has put up a really nice quality version of the card game image of Agumon (with others behind him) that we've seen a couple times over the last few days.

A lower quality version of the image was put up as the banner background on the card game Twitter when the account opened.

The image will be used on the packaging for the Version 0.0 promotional booster and the Agumon card included in 0.0.

The artwork is credited to sasasi, an artist who worked on a number of pieces of Digimon artwork for Battle Spirits sets.

Some, but not all of the Battle Spirits Digimon artwork they've done in the past:

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh nice the seraphimon and cherubimon vice arts are actually my favorites out of all the battle spirits digimon cards, good to know the official digimon cards are in good hands

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’d be nice if we could get a clean version without the “SAMPLE” in the way but I imagine it’s just because they want people to pick up the promo booster and the Agumon card specifically for the art.

The art itself is maybe my favourite artwork of Agumon ever, and it helps that there’s so many cool Digimon hanging out in the back, makes it feel like a celebration of the IP itself. Really happy we have the artist’s name attached now and that it was the Brave Spirits artist at that.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are cool cards. Reminds me of Pokemon cards currently. But still, really cool. ...I can't remember many older cards.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought I recognized the artstyle. Even outside of Battle Spirits, sasasi has done a lot of Digimon fanart ( Pixiv / Twitter ).

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The seraphimon art is familiar, but dang these arts are amazing.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems we've got plenty of artists returning from previous card games as well. From the smaller card pics that have been released so far I could make out two more familiar names: Nakano Haito (Angemon, Patamon), As'Maria (MetalGarurumon, Gabumon), Couldn't really read the other ones, the Gomamon one looks like it's credited to Takumi [something]. In any case, it's nice that they are displaying the artist credit on the cards prominently on the front this time around (and obviously I hope we'll get some nice hi-res versions of the artworks once the cards are out).