MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
amphimon_december25_2022.jpg
dilbitmon_december25_2022.jpg

After already seeing them in the past, we have significantly better resolution previews (2) of the upcoming Amphimon and Dilbitmon promo cards that will be included with Saikyo Jump in early January.

The cards will be the first products with the Ultimates of Jellymon & Angoramon.

We have early detailed for Booster Set RB-01 Rising Wind.

We have early details for Booster Set 13 VS Royal Knights.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards
Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards
Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase, Battle Pack 14, & Special Promotion Pack 2022 Version 3.0
Booster Set 12 Across Time, plus Survive Promo Pack & Madanhai Cards
Starter Deck 14, Battle Pack 15, plus Siriusmon & Ritsu Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 12,749

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally I waited for that.

lol Amphimon's eyes are there! Those glowing Jellymon eyes in "Lilimon-like" style!

Oh Dilbitmon's tail is now bunny's. I will miss Lamortmon's Pomeranian/Shiba tail.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, getting a much better look at Dilbitmon really highlights just how out of place Lamortmon feels aesthetically to me. It's a cool design though so I'll probably get over it once I see it animated.

Amphimon's tiny torso does bother me though. :eek:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WereGarurumon might look out of place with Gabumon's normal line. But since it's probably a robot body, maybe that's why it's like that. But these will look interesting next to Siriusmon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Amphimon's eyes are there! Those glowing Jellymon eyes in "Lilimon-like" style!
I figured that the two faded white-ish spots under the shine from the helmet were her eyes because they were more or less the correct shape.

Oh Dilbitmon's tail is now bunny's. I will miss Lamortmon's Pomeranian/Shiba tail.
To be fair SymbareAngoramon has a dog tail as well, it wasn’t just Lamortmon.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SymbareAngoramon's tail isn't long tail so therefore it's bunny tail to me.

I wonder what are those white glowing dots are besides Lilimon eyes.

Siriusmon's actions made it himself more liked so I'm sure Dilbitmon's actions will. Hopefully... Both forms better have anime movie animation quality... But that will not happen sadly.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, getting a much better look at Dilbitmon really highlights just how out of place Lamortmon feels aesthetically to me. It's a cool design though so I'll probably get over it once I see it animated.

Amphimon's tiny torso does bother me though. :eek:
She has Omegamon's torso, lol.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angoramon's evolution line is S tier from start to finish.
Jellymon's is also very nice. I'm surprised how much hate I've seen for Amphimon outside these forums. Some people wanted something more flamboyant I guess?

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My only real issue is that it deviates from the clear age progression theme they were going for. Then again, it's not fair to make that assumption when we don't even have a profile.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sheet huh I see. Thanks guys.

Amphimon got hate? Nah some other internet comments gave huge praise for such big change on her. Instead of usual "Hot Lady" digimon meme, they say.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angoramon's evolution line is S tier from start to finish.
Jellymon's is also very nice. I'm surprised how much hate I've seen for Amphimon outside these forums. Some people wanted something more flamboyant I guess?

Yes, this is more or less the case with Angewomon(02) and Garudamon. Fans were expecting something like Merukimon or Valkyrimon for Garudamon, and Ophanimon for Angewomon.

It seems like the following evolution is embedded in the expectations of fans:
Patamon>Pegasmon(Big version of child form)>HolyAngemon(significant change)>SlashAngemon(Cool version of previous evolution).

The perfect level is like a clincher for fans in imagining the final evolution, which is where they expect something similar but cooler.

Basically people were expecting dragon/dino monsters on Gammamon, Waifu on Jellymon, and for Angoramon split 2 something elegant like Symbare and a rage monster like Lamortmon.

DPTronazel

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amphimon got hate? Nah some other internet comments gave huge praise for such big change on her. Instead of usual "Hot Lady" digimon meme, they say.
In my opinion, it's something that I always wanted, well in the sense for a "feminine" looking Cyborg Digimon that wouldn't look "sexualized" or otherwise having a strong resemblance to a human woman with cybernetic implements attached towards others who would view the design.

She gives me a sort of "break the mold" thing going on, as she differs from other "girl-like" monsters within the series.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, this is more or less the case with Angewomon(02) and Garudamon. Fans were expecting something like Merukimon or Valkyrimon for Garudamon, and Ophanimon for Angewomon.

It seems like the following evolution is embedded in the expectations of fans:
Patamon>Pegasmon(Big version of child form)>HolyAngemon(significant change)>SlashAngemon(Cool version of previous evolution).

The perfect level is like a clincher for fans in imagining the final evolution, which is where they expect something similar but cooler.
You know, ignoring that all fans across the spectrum seem to love Wargreymon, who doesn't follow up from Metalgreymon in any appreciable way (because he was designed as an Agumon evolution, not a Greymon one), and Metalgarurumon, which ignores everything Weregarurumon added to the Adult level form to just go back to the Adult level form but metal and flying (which wouldn't be as bad if Weregarurumon kept the ice attack from its initial design, but it didn't, so...), and Dukemon, which ignores most of the entire way the line before it was progressing (which caps on Megidramon) to become something completely different instead.

But Digimon fans wouldn't be Digimon fans if they didn't ignore every rule of how they want things to work in the franchise only when it pertains to their favorites or things they're nostalgic for so that isn't shocking. Personally speaking, I saw a lot of appreciation for Amphimon and Dilbit/Diarbuitmon elsewhere, although admittedly a lot of people I know liked Amphimon because they're mecha fans and it's mecha, so take that as you will.

Amandil7

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually love Amphimon's design. I have a feeling it will end up being one of my favorite female Digimon alongside Sakuyamon.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can’t wait to know what there attacks are.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amphimon's design makes a lot of sense since its very in character for Jellymon to turn into a giant robot considering her champion form is the result of her getting bored and deciding to watch steel cage death matches. She probably got bored and decided to watch Gurren Lagan instead this time around.

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amphimon is actually the one I like most design-wise.
The other two are okay, but I'd still have preffered atleast one quadruped. Heck I'd be fine with Dilbitmon having a mode change like Duftmon.

Oh well.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amphimon's design makes a lot of sense since its very in character for Jellymon to turn into a giant robot considering her champion form is the result of her getting bored and deciding to watch steel cage death matches. She probably got bored and decided to watch Gurren Lagan instead this time around.
From what I see we both Mecha references, Amphimon (Overman Gainer) and Diarbitmon (Talburn from Star driver).

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I’d love Amphimon if they revealed a Pilot Mode that resembled Jellymon inside of it akin to Belphemon Sleep Mode and it’s resemblance to Phascomon or Ceresmon Medium’s gimmick. I still like to picture that is what’s going on with her.