Bandai TCG Connect Online Card Game Service Launching October 30th in Japan

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Tomorrow (October 30th) in Japan Bandai will be launching Bandai TCG Connect to allow people to play card games online.

The system has been designed due to the current pandemic, but also to create value for those who don't have opponents who live near them.

It will be launching with the Digimon Card Game and Battle Spirits (with both having been the primary source of Digimon cards for the last few years.)

Interestingly, Bandai has seemingly put quite a lot of thought into the design of how the system works, with a number of (positive?) oddities that are somewhat unexpected.

1- No registration or fee required- You don't need to make an account or even download an app, you just have to register a nickname for playing.

2- You can play against anyone, anytime, anywhere- There is a free match mode that automatically matches you against people in the country, or a 'friend mode' to play with friends who aren't near you.

3- Card Guide Placement- Guides for where to put the cards appear before the battle starts, so you can put everything in the correct place and play without stress.

You go to the Bandai TCG Connect Site, setup a nickname, and choose the type of game you want to play, and then play.
Free Match mode allows you to select your skill level and find an opponent of similar skill.
Friend Match mode gives you an URL you share with someone you want to play.
The person who goes first can be chosen by a virtual coin toss.

It's a rather interesting setup to not even require an app, but should hopefully make it quite easy to do. Hopefully with the Digimon Card game launching in the US soon, we'll see an equivalent here.

Thanks to Famitsu for additional info.

Attachments

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a really great idea, both for now and in the future. As a person who struggled horribly to find a place to even order DCG products, I would love a service like this to find people to play against.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yo, I'm really digging this! I'm curious if there's plans to let you use any existing cards you want for a virtual deck or if it's only an advanced webcam service like shown?
Also, being named Bandai TCG Connect, I'm surprised the current Dragon Ball Super card game isn't mentioned. I don't know anything about Dragon Ball Super so maybe I'm missing an obvious reason

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wonderful. But I want those cards D:

Need Digimon 2020 card game app. C'mon.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, do we need to buy cards to play? Or is it a system where we input serial codes?