Bandai Taking Game Questions to be asked at Anime Expo Panel!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another AX Update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There's been a number of updates regarding the Anime Expo Digimon panel in the last week. The new one makes it easy for people who won't be going to the convention to throw their hat in to get a question answered.

Bandai has put up a form where questions can be submitted for Producer Habu to answer regarding Digimon Survive or Digimon games in general for the panel.

The image they put up says to submit them by July 27th, but on their other account they say June 27th in text (July 27th wouldn't make much sense anyways.)

Update- Producer Habu says they got over 1,200 questions from fans for Anime Expo. The translation staff screamed. What they can answer at AX will be limited, but they will use the questions to help them understand what fans care about. He thanks everyone who sent questions.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Anime Expo 2019 is at the Los Angeles Convention Center July 4th thru 7th with a pre-show night on July 3rd.

The Future of Digimon panel will be Saturday, July 6th at 10am in Live Programming 5 (room LACC 404AB).

Previous details about the panel can be found here, here, here and here.

Thanks to Redneck Shroom for the heads up.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are you guys asking him? I never know what to submit on these things and I dont want to ask something someone already did.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I posted, "Will all special groups appear in the future games besides Royal Knights and SGDL?" and Pukumon & Minotaurmon's included too.

I think multiple questions are allowed in this post? Since it said "questions"?

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Asked about X Digimon in upcoming media as well as the new models from Links like CresGarurumon, Alter-S and Milleniummon

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We can only ask one? :(

The one I put was "Who is your favourite Digimon Habu?" I think it'd be interesting to learn who it is, though I'll feel like a waste if it ends up being Omnimon or something lol

I wanted to ask if he'd tell us who the partner Digimon of the glasses guy is, and then also if there will be romance in survive

edit: I could put more by just opening the form again lol

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Originally I was simply going to ask him “Why are we humans born into a cruel world filled with toil and suffering?” but then I saw that the question had to be related to Digimon. So I modified the question to “Why are we humans born into a cruel world filled with toil and suffering and will other Digimon games be coming to Steam?”

Togetak

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ended up asking a standard question about their vision for Survive, as well as one about the series' LGBT representation, based on the discussion on here from a while ago. I'm pretty curious about whether they're keeping representation in mind going forward, or if the comparatively pretty heavily lgbt themes and characters of the Cyber Sleuth series (particularly Hacker's Memory) were just a natural extension on the themes they were trying to play with in those games to start with.

I guess it's a bit of a misnomer since representation is natural anyway, but I am just pretty curious about what seems to have been a very sudden shift that came with some really great representation, expanded on in interesting ways

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, how to make a question out of asking them to start releasing a couple of new mons for each new game to fill out some incomplete lines?

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I asked what his favourite lesser known Digimon was, and whether he had plans to fill out more Digimon evolution lines. I feel like those will probably have been asked before though. Really want to convince him or somebody to finish off the rest of the Hybrid evo lines though, haha.

Last edited:

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and whether he had plans to fill out more Digimon evolution lines. Really want to convince him or somebody to finish off the rest of the Hybrid evo lines though, haha.
Let me copy-paste these too.

edit: I submitted this:
Hello, any plans to fill out any incomplete evolution lines/trees in the upcoming games? Or to maybe make evolution lines for digimon that don't have any currently? If you remove the applink cables, are appmon just digimon? Will we see any of them? Thank you for the games!
If the letter/word count matters, there's no hope to get my answer chosen.

Also, I added my full name AND country of origin where they were asking for our name. Too much?

Last edited:

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's the question I submitted:

Will イグニートモン (Iguneetmon), known as Ignitemon in the English dub of Digimon Xros Wars, Digimon Fusion, appear in Digimon Survive or a future Digimon game?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to Bandai Namco US, they have received more than 1,000 questions in a 3 days time, so they will make a selection of them that will be answered at the Anime Expo Panel! Please guys if anyone is there, let us know before the event the most relevant answers ^^ I asked mainly about the inclusion of more Hybrid/Xros/Appmon in future games, the chance for other Digimon groups but the RK & SGDL to get the spotlight, room for possible crossovers and connection between games (a la Mirei Mikagura, the Selectors or Rina Shinomiya) and some random questions, like if Spadamon from Super Xros Wars belongs indeed to the same "Legend-Arms" group of Zubamon & Ludomon from the 20th Anniversary project.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added updated details of the received questions from Habu.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Over 1000 questions and the question submit has ended already... I bet some of the questions might be the same questions to repeat. I hope they won't pick common questions that repeatedly ask the same answers. I want to see all the questions get... Every single answer in one go. Haha not possible.

But I'm really excited to see those answers.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Over 1000 questions and the question submit has ended already... I bet some of the questions might be the same questions to repeat. I hope they won't pick common questions that repeatedly ask the same answers. I want to see all the questions get... Every single answer in one go. Haha not possible.

But I'm really excited to see those answers.
I bet there is a lot of questions about the future of X-Antibody Digimon. They are popping out from everywhere lately.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And I hope they have some questions about the new future Digimon anime series to watch. Damn, the digimon traditions of the "magical girl transformation scene" will not die for sure.