Bandai Opens Digimon Game Portal Website, Survive Still Listed for 2021

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
gameportal_may26_2021.png

Bandai has opened a new Digimon website.

Digimon Game Portal is, as the name would suggest, a portal site for Digimon related games.

The frontpage has minimal information, swapping between logos and art for Survive, ReArise, and Hacker's Memory. It also embeds in the 2018 trailer for Survive, and the Digimon Game Twitter account, while also providing web links to the sites of various Digimon games that have come out over the past few years.

Most notably at the moment, the site has a product page with a game timeline that is nearly comprehensive for Digimon games. Various older mobile games aren't included, but overall the list is quite detailed: organized by year, has game logos, screenshots, titles, and genres, etc.

Perhaps most of interest for fans right now...

gameportal2_may26_2021.png

Digimon Survive is listed at the top under 2021. Fans have been waiting for news, and while this isn't quite it, it at least does show it isn't forgotten. And with a new game related subsite appearing, suggests that news may be coming sooner rather than later. (It's worth noting that the game was never announced for more than PS4 and Switch in Japan, which has been listed in materials consistently, so the lack of Xbox or PC mentions doesn't mean much of anything.)

With various companies preparing lots of game news around now, we shall see what shows up...

Also, Digimon Game Community, a prior attempt by Bandai at a central Digimon game site is still up, although long since inactive, not lasting long past the initial release of Hacker's Memory, the game it was originally put up to help promote.

Attachments

• gameportal2_may26_2021.png
    gameportal2_may26_2021.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 6,411

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this is an extremely good sign to me, it makes me feel that their development and release schedule for Survive is less wishy washy at this stage than it appeared to be

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope this game does well or at least what Marc predicts average i can take either just kind of a bit nervous with a decent amount of delay games like Cyberpunk, Anthem, Final Fantasy VII Remake, etc being a hit or miss. I just pray Survive isn't a miss but habu is behind this game which is reassuring and gives me hope.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We can only hope it comes in 2021.

Pretty cool website to browse, shame some of the older sites they link to are unusable due to Flash dying.

Tis a shame they didnt acknowledge the games released outside Japan there such as All Star Rumble, New Century etc.

Gomamonshinkaaa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The game delayed quite long time so hopefully this will be really really good and can expand its fanbase. And I hope thay can change the subtitles in one whole game, not like Cyber Sleuth which based on region... Can’t wait!!!

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hoped after all this delay it would come come to ps5. I don't like buying ps4 games anymore now that I have a ps5.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The game delayed quite long time so hopefully this will be really really good and can expand its fanbase. And I hope thay can change the subtitles in one whole game, not like Cyber Sleuth which based on region... Can’t wait!!!

Unless they change their minds from 2018, which they might, it'll have English, french, Spanish, Italian, and German subs (stated on twitter). Weirdly the official site says English and portugese (and only those two)

Gomamonshinkaaa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unless they change their minds from 2018, which they might, it'll have English, french, Spanish, Italian, and German subs (stated on twitter). Weirdly the official site says English and portugese (and only those two)

Yeah, hopefully for better development. I also hope (again) they add online system, whether battle system, farming, or anything that can connect all players around the world.

TheImpster

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hoped after all this delay it would come come to ps5. I don't like buying ps4 games anymore now that I have a ps5.
That would be an awful idea. This game is nowhere near demanding enough to justify a PS5 release, the PS5 is still a bitch to get, and a PS4 version would probably work on a PS5 anyway

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be an awful idea. This game is nowhere near demanding enough to justify a PS5 release, the PS5 is still a bitch to get, and a PS4 version would probably work on a PS5 anyway
Nah it wouldn't be an awful idea for ps5 users like myself and obviously the ps4 version will work on the ps5 everyone knows that lol. Also not just on the ps5 I was just wanting on the ps5 aswell as ps4. I don't like going backwards.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure what to say but I still wait. Survive is still my strong interest to play.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah, hopefully for better development. I also hope (again) they add online system, whether battle system, farming, or anything that can connect all players around the world.

This isn't the type of game where pvp would work. Or any online feature for that matter

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This isn't the type of game where pvp would work. Or any online feature for that matter

I mean, the main gameplay portion is an SRPG.

It isn't abnormal for SRPGs or tactical RPGs to have online features.

Onterriermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope they are saving some good news for E3. I know people who aren't really interested in Digimon but think it looks like a good SRPG so I hope it does well! Personally terrible at any kind of strategy game but still wanna check it out

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Lol dude are you serious this game is perfect for online PvP and all other kinds of features :s

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With only 8 units that seems like it'd be really boring. 95% of fights would be the same 4 characters fighting each other

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With only 8 units that seems like it'd be really boring. 95% of fights would be the same 4 characters fighting each other
I get what you mean but they couldn't be that stupid to have only a couple of mons it's really common sense. They would have to make other mons playable for it to work. But srpgs are always great online and what makes it better is I could play against people from wtw and the discord which would be fun.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting. Between that Digimon game retrospective that Bandai did on twitter mentioning Survive and now this, it feels like there's really some momentum again behind this game.

Hopefully that means an appearance at E3 or something soon. :)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least it still exists. We do have 6 months left to wait and see.