MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster10baalmon_may2_2022.jpg
booster10beelzebumon_may2_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter. This time it's Baalmon & Beelzebumon.

Baalmon appears to be doing Kamiuchi, a lightning move that is quite effective against Holy Digimon. We also get the Xros-era version of Beelzebumon with a nice level of detail, and really good framing to show off differences from the standard Beelzebumon.

Previous previews for Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter:

Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter will be out on May 27th.

We have clean card images from Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11.

We have the first details for Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 10,905

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baalmon is always goated. Redesign Beelzemon is trying to have the nicest art it can in an attempt to get me to like it...

After reading the effects, it's weird to imagine redesign Beelzemon evolving from a composite Shoutmon

Baalmon
Ultimate | Free | Wizard / Bagra Army
[When Attacking] You may trash up to 3 cards from the top of your deck.
[On Deletion] If you have 10 or more cards in your trash, you may play 1 [Beelzemon] from your trash without paying its memory cost.

Beelzemon
Mega | Virus | Demon Lord/Xros Heart
[This card can Digivolve from a lv.5 Digimon with [Xros Heart] in traits for 3 memory]
[On Play] [When Digivolving] You may trash 3 cards from the top of your deck. Then for every 10 cards in your trash, delete 1 of your opponent's level 4 or lower Digimon.
<Inherited Effect>: [End of Attack] (Once Per Turn) Gain 1 memory for every 10 cards in your trash.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baalmon is always goated. Redesign Beelzemon is trying to have the nicest art it can in an attempt to get me to like it...

After reading the effects, it's weird to imagine redesign Beelzemon evolving from a composite Shoutmon
Maybe if they include Xros Wars Wisemon? or Knightmon?

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, those are pretty fitting, so is Baalmon, but it's still able to evolve from Shoutmons as well which I'm not against because I like weird things like that

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like both all xros wars digimon version (except XW Cyberdramon) and original one, but i hope give new name to XW version or something like MetalBeelzebumon

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like both all xros wars digimon version (except XW Cyberdramon) and original one, but i hope give new name to XW version or something like MetalBeelzebumon
In the card game, I'm guessing that any effect or evolution that specifically calls for the Xros Wars version of a Digimon will simply state that the Digimon needs to have "Xros Heart" or something as its classification.

Kaleidos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are variants, giving them distinct names defeats the purpose.

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One badass mofo and the other ehh not so much.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, it’s safe to assume Wisemon at least would likely be purple and thus wouldn’t need Xros Heart to be able to Digivolve into Beelzemon just as Baalmon can Digivolve into Beelzemon without the need for Xros Heart.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are variants, giving them distinct names defeats the purpose.
Lots of variants have a different name.

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baalmon's one of my favorite designs to come out of Xros Wars, so it's neat to see them get their debut card. XW Beelzemon conversely was a design I wasn't the biggest fan of, not necessarily because of thinking it's a bad design per se but rather just vastly preferring the original, but I'll give Tonamikanji props for drawing them really well, feel the art here is solid.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Personally I have considered "Zebubmon or Zebulmon" as a name for it taking from the latter half of Beelzebub/Beelzebul.

The latter might be good as Beelzebul is a lesser used spelling of the name.

It does fit even more as the root name Ba'al Zebul was supposed to mean "Lord of the Heavenly Dwelling" while Ba'al Zebub as Lord of the Flies was speculated to be a derogatory twist put on the God Baal/Ba'al by the Israelites.

Honestly as a Catholic I find it very interesting how the Abrahamic Faiths have a long history of "reinventing" other religions Deities as Demons, the Old Testament started it but it continued on well after that with a notable example being a lot of the Demons in the Ars Goetia being based on Old Pagan Gods.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is a bit hard to pin down what Beelzebumon's (2010) design is, I guess a more para-military Beelzebumon? It looks more like a traditional armor, while the original is a very straightforward leather biker.

I only noticed now that Baalmon is basically Beelzebumon being covered in seals to resemble an angel. As if it was a demon contained. I'm not sure if this is the concept, but I like it.

Edit: turns out they are knowledge amulets, still very cool.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loving the artwork on Beelzemon! :love: 🤩

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ba'al Zebub as Lord of the Flies was speculated to be a derogatory twist put on the God Baal/Ba'al by the Israelites.
Last I remember checking, he was originally the "lord of the flies" in that he's the God you pray to to ward off flies and other similar pests, a la Myiagros, and then that got turned back on him by later, antagonistic sources to the people of Ekron.

Ragnalord

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baalmon is easily one of the coolest perfects