AtlurKabuterimon, Megadramon, & WereGarurumon (Black) Previews from new Starter Decks

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New card previews from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with new card previews from Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6. This time it shows off AtlurKabuterimon, Megadramon, & WereGarurumon (Black).

All 3 cards feature great new art, but we've actually seen this art before via an early preview in Card Game magazine almost 2 months ago. The images we had just previewed the art though, not t he full cards (and the previews certainly weren't as nice as the formal previews.)

Starter Decks 4 Giga Green, 5 Mugen Black, and 6 Venom Violet are out November 27th

Previous Card previews for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6:
Previous card previews for Booster Set 4:

Booster Set 3 Union Impact is out and we have the full card list right here!

Previews have begun for Booster Set 4 Great Legend, coming in December.

Previews have begun for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6. They are out in November.

We also just found out about Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega in February.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card

Attachments

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MegaKabuterimon
Inherited Effect: [Your Turn] (Once per turn) When this Digimon deletes an opponent's Digimon in battle and survives, Trash 1 of your opponent's security cards

Megadramon
Inherited Effect: [Blocker]

WereGarurumon
Inherited Effect: [Your Turn] If you have 5 or more cards in your Trash, this Digimon gets +2000 DP.

Dynamicmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
weregaruru: stronger yaamon effect
megadra: andromon 2
Megakabu: better piercing

MechaMadness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Had to let things sit for a bit since we got a ton of new cards revealed today between the official Twitter and Fun DigiCa, so I've had a ton of different ideas rolling around in my head. Still, I'd like to give my general thoughts on these as I usually do.

MegaKabuterimon: By far my favorite of the three. Giving any Lv6 or higher the same Security Discard effect that's on Mastemon and Gallantmon/Dukemon is incredible if I'm being honest. Obviously they'd want you to combine this with Piercing since you'd get two cards ditched from the Security instead of just one, but the thing I really love about this is that you don't *need* Piercing for this to shine. You can give this to any Lv6 you want and still have the discard effect go off when you delete an opponent's Digimon, and the flexibility that grants you is very valuable in my opinion. It's a Once Per Turn, but given cards like Dimension Scissor exist, that's definitely for the best to ensure things don't get out of hand. Really eager to try this one out tbh, especially with stuff like BanchoStingmon.

Megadramon: I had a feeling the Black Starter deck would have some form of Inheritable Blocker somewhere when I saw that neither BlitzGreymon or Machinedramon have Blocker in any capacity. It'd be really weird for the Color centralized around Blockers to not have a way to utilize it for their big boss monsters, and I didn't feel like they'd want you to rely solely on MetalGreymon (Virus) for that since that only lasts a turn. Anyways, I like that a card like Megadramon exists. Alot of Black Lv6's tend to have Blocker, but I feel like this opens up alot of future card design potential so they don't necessarily have to give every Black Lv6 under the sun Blocker. Even now, I feel like there's some neat potential ways to go with this card, such as giving CresGarurumon Blocker to achieve the classic Blocker/Reboot combo, or going into other colors, BlitzGreymon from Union Impact to have a Blocker with Devolve 2 for quite a bit of a swing in tempo. There's also some fun application via BlitzGreymon being Red tbh, as this is currently the only you're gonna give OG Omnimon from New Evolution Blocker (indefinitely), since Bryweludramon can only go into Alter-S, RagnaLordmon and Millenniummon at the moment. Whether or not that's worth it at the moment is up for debate, but I do think it's interesting to keep in mind as more Lv7's for Red get released if nothing else.

WereGarurumon: Definitely my least favorite of the bunch. It isn't so much that it's bad, it's a functional power boost that's incredibly easy to achieve in Purple, it just kinda comes down to opportunity cost if I'm honest. If I'm using a Lv5 for an inheritable skill to give to my Lv6's, I'd much rather use something like Ultimate Power WereGarurumon that can make my Lv6 Unsuspended again, or something like LadyDevimon from Union Impact that plays very well into the Option Card build of Purple alongside having a nice draw effect on evolution. Simply put, if I'm ever in a situation where I feel like having the extra power is actually very relevant I'll come back to this and consider it, but at the moment I just prefer the utility other Lv5 Purples offer right now.

Last edited: