Art for Metallicdramon, Large Art for NoblePumpmon & Pumpmon, & Meat Day Social Art

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Art for Metallicdramon, Large Art for NoblePumpmon & Pumpmon, & Meat Day Social Art

Art time again!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones!

A couple more days worth of art. They are holding out on one of high interest to people, or perhaps it'll go up later today, who knows...

The profiles are shorter versions of profiles we already have and don't contain any new information.

First up is Metallicdramon (art above), the ultimate form of Jazamon, the Digimon who showed up during Links endgame content. This is the first time we've seen his profile artwork.

Next up....

Image Thumbnail (custom)

NoblePumpmon! The ultimate form of Pumpmon, who we first met recently when Digimon ReArise launched in the west. We did previously have his art, but not quite as nice as this.

And last up art wise...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pumpmon!

More to come! (But not for long, pre-orders for the X3 close in less than a week, and there isn't much of the lineup left to go through!)

The Bandai Digimon account also put up some social art for today (11/29) in Japan...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

11/29 in Japan is Good Meat day, so we get an image of SkullGreymon enjoying meat! The tweet also included a bit more:
11/29 is Good Meat Day!
Eat meat & feel energetic! Digimon also eat a lot of meat, because they love it! SkullGreymon also eats the tasty looking meat! Are you eating?

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still very happy how we have a Mega Pumpmon in the Digimon family. Metallicdramon feels very Yugioh and I love it.
On the topic of Digimon art, is there a reason why most official Digimon art isn't a great resolution?

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost feel cheated not getting IceLordmon (or whatever it's called), but hot damn, Metallicdramon! And I do appreciate digimon chowin' down, always fun.

Did we ever get higher res art for Volcanicdramon? I feel like we did, but I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how SkullGreymon is eating the meat and having it fall right through its bony body, haha.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SkullGreymon, please notice! lol look at that shark missle happy even not eating directly

Metallicdramon where are your jet parts? He is metal version of Volcanicdramon but I wonder if he is grinning? He does look that to me. To me, Volcanicdramon is sorta look like it came from Monster Hunter and this Metallicdramon is a bit Yugioh-ish.

I wonder if it's really surgical staples NoblePumpmn's face pierced with? If so, that'd be damn hardcore for Digimon.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did we ever get higher res art for Volcanicdramon? I feel like we did, but I can't find it anywhere.
For one thing, since Vorvomon's line was in the Pendulum ver.20th, they're in the Pendulum artbook. Practically can't get higher quality than that.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For one thing, since Vorvomon's line was in the Pendulum ver.20th, they're in the Pendulum artbook. Practically can't get higher quality than that.
I totally forgot we had those on hand here, thanks!

Almost feel cheated not getting IceLordmon (or whatever it's called), but hot damn, Metallicdramon! And I do appreciate digimon chowin' down, always fun.
He got a dedicated article on the main site: https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/digimon/topics/detail/1097/
Awesome, thanks! Did I miss the post on this, lol?

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did but only because of the pattern of Bandai Art for both lines appearing alongside each other.

It was only posted a few seconds after the thread went live, the only reason I saw it was because I was watching the twitter like a hawk.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh neat! looks like his Japanese name is a lot different than expected.

ヘクセブラウモン
The former is probably referring to Blucomon's tri-hexagon emblem. The latter is probably "blau," the German word for "blue."

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

ヘクセブラウモン
The former is probably referring to Blucomon's tri-hexagon emblem. The latter is probably "blau," the German word for "blue."
If you stick with the notion of German, Hexe means witch, as well as being a type of car there.

Also that post seems to state that this dude isn't playable in Digimon Encounters itself, which did seem to be the case as whilst it popped up in the game, I never actually saw anyone stated it was playable yet and saw a lot of complaints it was NPC only as part of raids and what not... so I suppose they may have been waiting for him to show up in the V-Pet before making him playable in the actual game lol. It's basically why no one was ever able to track down a profile for him.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We never expected his name to be anything akin to a literal translation of the Chinese name.

The only reason it was ever used by anyone was so that we had something to call him, as unlike the other 3, we didn't have his Japanese name.

Since there is a thread for the 'new' Digimon, post about him there and leave this thread for the stuff in the news.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love metallicdramon, we are most likely going to get the rest next week, lordicemon, ogudumon x and jesmon gx.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really do love NoblePumpkinmon's design. Very impish and trickster-y. Metallicdramon is... fine. Nothing really inspiring, but it's nice to have something slightly different than the usual.