Arkadimon in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been some months now since I played Hacker's Memory, but I was wondering something that I'm not entirely sure they mentioned during the gameplay...What was the origin of Arkadimon? I recall it's imprisoned in Underzero, the place where Jude was defeated, and the reason why it was eventually fallen apart. So I guess it has to do something with the despair of Ryujin against the run away of Arata, or because of the team being disbanded afterwards...or there's also the possibility that someone or something put Arkadimon there...anyways, I cannot recall a thing about it. Does anyone remember this? Thanks for your help! :)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nothing mentioned about why it was in Under Zero. Seems like it was just a standard Digimon uses the negetive emotions of someone else to get more powerful and causes the angry person to only focus on that like in half of Data Squad. Eventually they both admit they're friends if you find one of Ryuji's memories and as friends, Arcadiamon decides to murder him so their freinds didn't have to murder him, what a nice guy.

I recall it was "imprisoned", so it must've been seen as really powerful so was locked away will Ryuji dun goofed and freed it. Cruserdramon prob knew it was in there and freed it on purpose. They did try to hack it multiple times with a random Knightmon as a defence mechanism, so the owners prob had Arcaidamon in there as defence too. The first game had Arata say they knew something danergous was in there which is why they wanted to hack it, only to get rekd by Knightmon - so I guess the Kngihtmon was stopping people getting to Arcaidamon maybe.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nobody know why Arkadimon was in that Diamond core in the first place. Arata's group tried to hack the strongest security system but didn't realize there was a defense guard, Knightmon with no backstory led to that group's defeat and disbanded because of this. Cruserdramon? lol Well Cyberdramon protected Ryuji as he detected the danger incoming from Arkadimon Baby. LordKnightmon said nothing about this and it was all about... Gloating, flirting, and hatred.

That's all I can remember for. Yeah... No hints of any lore on Arkadimon.

Osuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arkadimon felt like such a waste of potential. Actually, many things about Hacker's Memory felt like that.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They don't mention it at all, it's just pretty much... there, and nothing else is said about it in terms of dialogue, memories, or other pieces of lore. As Muur said, you could argue that it was what Knightmon was guarding as letting it out would be catastrophic as we see in the game, but it's still not that strong of a point as it's barely alluded to and Knightmon has little-to-no presence in the plot at all even when Arcadiamon is released.

Honestly, considering that Chitose and Ryuji were a part of the group that fought and failed against Knightmon, they should've spent more time building up to it more.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They don't mention it at all, it's just pretty much... there, and nothing else is said about it in terms of dialogue, memories, or other pieces of lore. As Muur said, you could argue that it was what Knightmon was guarding as letting it out would be catastrophic as we see in the game, but it's still not that strong of a point as it's barely alluded to and Knightmon has little-to-no presence in the plot at all even when Arcadiamon is released.

Honestly, considering that Chitose and Ryuji were a part of the group that fought and failed against Knightmon, they should've spent more time building up to it more.
And if that was the case, Knightmon must've been on a smoke break because it wasn't very hard for Arcadiamon to get out and start causing trouble lol

They came out of the same place though... so both Knightmon and Arc were in the same place. You could say Arc absorbed Knightmon before Cyberdramon... but we DO see Knightmon later on, just before Infermon becomes Diaboromon. Then again, killing Arc did release Cyberdramon, so I guess Knightmon could've got out, returned to his "home" and then later on, Arata and Aiba show up.

So what I would say, total made up from information we have, Knightmon was guarding Arcaidamon and Jude tried getting in there years ago. Knightmon wrecks them all, so Bug boy doesn't get out. Later, during the Eater disraction, Arc gets free, absorbs the guy who had been stopping him from getting out and then starts his journey of destruction.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When Arkadimon appeared in the trailer, we really believed he is the part of the main storyline and massive role but it turned out as Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory gave the silent partner treatment to every single of them... Pity.

But still, Arkadimon's new powers are pretty scary. Hive Mind manipulation of its ability treated humans as "drones" to act as baits or given a specific task to execute. His infamous Matrix shield is even still working in the real world. Also he is now the digital carnivore lol

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When Arkadimon appeared in the trailer, we really believed he is the part of the main storyline and massive role but it turned out as Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory gave the silent partner treatment to every single of them... Pity.

But still, Arkadimon's new powers are pretty scary. Hive Mind manipulation of its ability treated humans as "drones" to act as baits or given a specific task to execute. His infamous Matrix shield is even still working in the real world. Also he is now the digital carnivore lol
Arcadiamon does talk a few times, though you have to find the memories involving him to see them. Ryuji is sad about "turning his partner into this" (so a monster that kills everything I guess) and then Arcadiamon says that he cares about Ryuji and doesn't want his friends to have to kill him... so will kill Ryuji instead so his friends don't have to. Luckily Cybderdramon protects him lol. But as far as Ryuji and A are concerned? they consider each other friends. Really, he helped Ryuji in his goals of revenge and stuff lol, or at least tried. He just... also likes murdering people. Not his fault!

It was a side story game, so they couldn't have Arcadiamon trying to end the world, otherwise they would've sent in Aiba, the actual hero of the Cyber Sleuth universe. HM was more about saving friends, than saving the world and Arcadiamon did a good job in that IMO, he thought he was helping by helping Ryuji murder people but in the end, that wasn't the case and the Ultra level, so one of the most powerful Mons in existence - had to be put down. This section of the game gave a lot of character development for Ryuji, Erika and Chitose and even Fei who showed just how obsessed with Yuuko she is and got a heroic moment by saving lives in the blown up building.

Thay makes him more of a plot device than a character I guess but it's similar to the first half of Data Squad, where an evil Digimon manipulates someone with negative emotions to get more powerful (Matadormon also does this, the other main antaganist of the game)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Arkadimon spoke few lines to Ryuji in telepathic communication? Unless if he actually voiced out normally, then Arkadimon Baby must have high intelligence than I thought...

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't read this topic because I want to avoid spoilers...Is there a way to increase ABI other than evolving / devolving ? Or is there a trick to increase it more?

Edit: I clicked the wrong Hacker's Memory topic, sorry! That's what happens when you try to be sneaky going on the internet while at work..

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't read this topic because I want to avoid spoilers...Is there a way to increase ABI other than evolving / devolving ? Or is there a trick to increase it more?

Edit: I clicked the wrong Hacker's Memory topic, sorry! That's what happens when you try to be sneaky going on the internet while at work..
Going up and down is the main way but during the story youll get a few meats that boost ABI as well (but they're limited) so if you go to your farm and scroll trough food you might have some