Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

• Total voters

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't count to you maybe lol

and if they are spamming Adventure and Tamers... that's because they sell.

But uh, theyre literally doing a Bluray set and Drama CD for Frontier

jaws_is_ra

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am glad it exist but way to many plot holes.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, mostly for worse. While many concepts it had paid off, others did not. After all, it not only solves a few questions we had but opens up many others in their place; Adventure was already riddled with mystery. One of the odder decisions was the removal of Warp Digivolve, making us see all the forms every time. And Tentomon put on a real star performance.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh? Didn't notice this topic... I voted for Better/Worse (More or less?) because I am very extremely grateful for Tri to give a chance to evolve to their Ultimate levels at finally. But it left me unsatisfied for few reasons. Knowing that dark Gennai, Alphamon and Maki's reunion will never have to appear next time again for sure, that's why I'm very frustrated about it. Already piled up of new mysteries on old mysteries...

I sure hope this Tri will get remake in the future. If possible...

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy it exists but at the same time I kind of disliked it. But that's probably because of Meiko. Can't fucking stand her but otherwise it was decent.

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I'm glad tri. exists, though - not gonna lie - I couldn't help but be a little disappointed at the overall writing and pacing. I know the nostalgia pandering was aimed mostly at the grown-up fanbase, but it's like they forgot they weren't just creating a story for kids anymore as well.

So overall it was a mixed bag for me personally. Hopefully Kizuna is different.

icomeanon6

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope, not glad it exists. Watching Tri is like watching writers and animators attempt a three-legged race while drunk. It started out decent-ish (even if it was clear they had no idea how to handle 02 and just threw their hands in the air), but I nearly turned it off when Gennai did what he did to Sora. I probably should have turned it off. That was a completely tasteless, tone-deaf, uncalled-for thing to write into the story. And then it devolved into this incomprehensible Yggrdrasil/Homeostasis mess. And yeah, I know that's all deep Digimon lore and I'm a filthy casual for not going "(gasp), Yggdrasil!" when it came up in the movie, but it didn't work in the context of the story of Adventure. Even the animation was disappointing. Every attack seemed to get reduced to the same vague, barely animated globs of energy flying around. The attack animations in the original show, as cheap as they were, were all distinct and memorable.

I should stop talking/writing about Tri. It just makes me so mad.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that wasn't really gennai, gennai was in the pod next to ken
Fine, I didn't like the gratuitous depiction of sexual assault from the thing pretending to be Gennai. That doesn't change how awful that scene was.
Still, it was something quite fresh in the series. We can like it or not, but definitely it was something never shown in the series before, and props to the creators for including it. This way we exactly knew why we dislike that character (kinda like Kurata but for a different reason).

icomeanon6

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no, the antagonist did something bad.
I really don't think my complaint about that scene is unreasonable. There are loads of ways to depict an evil character doing evil things without being gratuitous. If the writers had something worth saying about sexual assault that was essential to the main ideas of the story, I wouldn't complain; what they did instead was decide that depicting an apparently grown man forcibly licking a teenage girl's face would provide some decent shock value. I don't respect that style of storytelling. I find it trashy.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no, the antagonist did something bad.
I really don't think my complaint about that scene is unreasonable. There are loads of ways to depict an evil character doing evil things without being gratuitous. If the writers had something worth saying about sexual assault that was essential to the main ideas of the story, I wouldn't complain; what they did instead was decide that depicting an apparently grown man forcibly licking a teenage girl's face would provide some decent shock value. I don't respect that style of storytelling. I find it trashy.
perhaps, but it was mostly just to show how unhinged dark gennai is.
like the similar scene in terminator 2

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm disappointed for how the handle the story and the animation. No 02 action. No path. No magic. Every movie was like, whatever, maybe the first two was good but the rest was really bad. No action, just steady animation and ironically they turned the project into movies because they wanted to have and spend the time making quality animation for the action scenes and except the first movie the rest have those moving stills! Just awful. They did some fights later but with sloppy animation. They just failed. Of course I haven't watched the new movie. Maybe they solved some riddles. I can only remember the emotional moments and the cute animation on the last movie with Meicoomon.

Last edited:

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After watching Tri, not really. If Tri was the Digimon I grew up watching then it's safe to say I would have never become a fan of the franchise.