Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

• Total voters

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah definitely. It made me appreciate better Digimon Adventure 02 and Young Hunters, and hey, they are not that bad! But seriously, I think I love every piece of the franchise, but for tri. (excluding of course Meicoomon and the new cast aka. Daigo and Maki).

pepito123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meicomoon and Meiko shouldn't have happened IMO. But Tri is a nice followup from season 02 and Adventure main series.
For the most part, i'm glad Tri exists.

I have many complaints, like the annoying Meiko character, but there are some parts of it that are so good it makes everything worth it ; most noticeably, those 4 minutes of melodic explanation of the original Chosen Children. Scenes like that make me glad Tri exists. For me, i don't care if the Tri series is sometimes slow, bad written, or some characters sometimes behave different from the main series, those details and gap-filling of pending "side" stories make it completely worth it.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It ain't perfect, but as fan of the franchise, I am thankful for it. Better than having nothing at all.

Jackster 136

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I voted yes.
I do think Tri could of been handled a lot better tho.

DBxDigimon_fan

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't ever bothered with Tri being movies instead of a series. Would have been cool, I suppose, but I don't honestly think it would have changed much. Wasn't it planned to only have about 25 episodes anyway? If you split up the movies it comes out to about that in episode form....

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't bothered by Tri being movie series too. Actually I enjoyed the in-between times between each movie. All the speculation, anticipation and interactions with digimon youtubers, forums discussions were pretty fun and 3 years of tri movies really felt like a journey growing along other digimon fans and digidestined. The actual movies were alright for me since I never had any expectations to begin with. I'm really glad Tri's existence is a beginning for more digimon anime in the future

sarkTPK35

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i vote yes 1,000,000 times!

i love that the fact that all the origonal digidestined are back with a brand new show with the offset of 02. i also like that the others (besides tai and matt) get to have their digimon to reach the mega level. the whole series gives more insite to their digital world and features new villens, its exiting!

the only think that i dont like are how the digimon digivolve, with the egg, and the way the digiportal came into existance in confession.

Last edited:

buddyanynomous

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well yeah for one it rekindled my interest again in digimon after so many years without it since I had the original v-pet 1 from 97 and watched the adventures and tamer I thought the franchise are already ended in appmon.I know it's said digimon universe but in my opinion it should stand alone as it's own thing and not borrow digimon names but that just me.

Digimon also the thing that successfully makes my imagination gone wild on my childhood days and now this movie once again reminded of that feeling again and Im really grateful for that.

Tbh I don't have any problem with the meiko/meicoomon character as It's something refreshing to have a new cast even though still I agree that it should be a long seasons anime instead so the character and it's relationship can be better fleshed out but that wouldn't be profitable I guess for the current anime industries as long episodes only reserved for the animes oriented for kids in my observation which tri aren't.

flawed as it maybe I still enjoy how the characters were handled in this movie and it's main theme of growing up and people changes which is quite relatable I now just hope that they will continue to provide more content similiar of this for both of their audiences like the tv series for the younger generation and movies for the older gen and maybe make it like original starwars formula per 3 years or such so the stories and art direction can be perfectly fleshed out.

Or maybe just maybe they will continue on digimon anime in adventure franchise and not spin-offs anymore but that would be highly improbable I guess lol.Well all in all I really enjoyed the movies and hope that they could continues on to stir my imagination for the years to come.

Tamer/Digiritter Manfred

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy it exists an i love it. When I see it I remember my old times. Its 15 years ago and I think its a very good continuation

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really but I am happy Koji Wada was able to do the new version of butterfly before he passed away

DazzleDream

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy it exits: I always wanted to see all the Ultimates in the show, so I can look past some of the plot issues.

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No. Because it makes Toei and Bandai focus on Adventure and nothing else. I don't appreciate that I can't have the merch I've been asking for.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No. Because it makes Toei and Bandai focus on Adventure and nothing else. I don't appreciate that I can't have the merch I've been asking for.
I mean, the Bandai games have Digimon from every season. they have the entire cast of seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 (not counting Kamemon and PawnChessmon), as well as a few from 4/6 (Due to the lack of levels)

heck, hackers memory has nothing from Tri at all. no meicoomon, ophanimon FM, Ordinemon etc

so if anything, Bandai are doing the opposite of Toei... by NOT spamming adventure lol

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No. Because it makes Toei and Bandai focus on Adventure and nothing else.
Aside from the Tamers and Frontier blu-ray sets, the Cyber Sleuth games, Next 0rder, Appmon, Tamers anniversary Digivice, Tamers GEM figures, anniversary remakes of old v-pets, an entirely new v-pet, figures of the Digimon appearing in said v-pets, the mobile games, Survive...

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok then. Where's merch for the Cyber Sleuth games or -next 0rder- then?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They’re video games. That’s like asking where all the Digimon World 3 merchandise is. Games have always been their own merchandise in this franchise. If they’re successful, they get new versions and spinoffs/sequels like those you mentioned did.

Last edited:

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes no sense whatsoever.
it does tho lol

we got Hackers Memory due to how well Cyber Sleuth did, so there's your "merchandise"

the anime is NOT the clux of the franchise, its just the most known.

and there's Alphamon figures out there, one of the main guys from CS. I mean, it's 99% for Tri and/or X antibody movie, but he was also at the same time of the mains from CS

there's merch that isnt adventure, youre just not looking hard enough

btw, Cyber Sleuth and Hackers both had mangas released alongside them (though just one shots, but its still "merchandise".

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The stuff he's specifically wanting is of a specific human character from the games. But the thing is, as far as "merch" goes? Digimon has largely been focused on its titular monsters - the very meat and potatoes of the franchise - since its inception. The human characters never got that much (if any) "merch" to begin with, in fact it's only within the last few years that figures of Adventure and Tamers kids started showing up, and there's not even that many of them.

The thing that doesn't make sense is how you came to the conclusion that the lack of Cyber Sleuth "merch" is somehow Tri's fault.

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
we got Hackers Memory due to how well Cyber Sleuth did, so there's your "merchandise"

btw, Cyber Sleuth and Hackers both had mangas released alongside them (though just one shots, but its still "merchandise".
Neither of which count.

there's merch that isnt adventure, youre just not looking hard enough
If it's not Adventure, it's Tamers. I'm not glad that the character I want doesn't have any merch.