Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

• Total voters

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been seeing a lot of negativity towards Tri. lately. I mean, there's been complaints from the start, but more and more people seem to look at it like something that shouldn't have happened in the first place, as though it's bad for the most part, and siting it as a forced continuation that shouldn't happen elsewhere. "We don't want another Tri."

Personally, I love Tri. Even if it has one or two small hiccups, I've enjoyed what we've been given. I got another story with my favorite characters, and I like how they've all grown.

So that's the question: Are you glad Tri. exists? Or would you rather have not had anything at all?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad it exists.
It's a little frustrating.
It's taking far too long to release, and it feels like it could be doing more.
In some ways it seems to be intentionally challenging our expectations, and in others it seems sloppily constructed.
The line between the two is blurry.
But I am glad that it exists.

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, personally I'm mixed. I oughta give out my full opinion once Our Future comes around.

Marwan

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have gotten nothing but Xros Wars and Appmon for years, so I'm damn glad we got a proper Digimon show back, but it takes far too long for each part to be released.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What Marwan said. Between Fusion and Appmon its nice to have a Digimon series that feels like Digimon.

Especially when the last Digimon series that felt like a Digimon series was prettt awful.

Tri definitely isn’t everything it could have been and I woud have vastly preferred a 26 episode weekly anime series over 6 ovas taking....what 3 years to finish? But I’m content it exist. It’s nice seeing my favorite human group again and letting the other kids have their Digimon go Mega

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ve never had a Digimon series that I hated. Hunters is my least favorite, but even then, I find most of the individual episodes enjoyable. I’m happy Tri exists, and I’m happy for what it means for the franchise. Hunters was our GT; it hopefully we won’t have anything like that again.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad it exists, even if I don't think it is very good. It's always fun watching a new part when it comes out, and we got the Meicoomon line out of it, which I love, so I try not to complain too much. Going forward to other potential animated Digimon products aimed at older fans though, I would like to see an improvement in quality, because I don't think I could stand a second tri, haha.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am in some way glad it exists and be it for a weird reason. It made some people in the German fandom, who made Adventure a series, it wasn't (a well thought out one, that is), go back and reexamine it. So that is a good thing.

Other then that... I was annoyed, when it first came out, because I did not believe, that there was anything good to come of another Adventure continuation. I got my hopes up after the first film, because it was much better than what I expected, but it went downhill rather quickly.

So I am a bit annoyed with it, but otherwise: I don't care. I just don't. I am not feeling overly attached to the Adventure cast. I am a bit annoyed for what they do with Mimi in the series, but other then that. *shrugs* I just ignore it. In my headcanon nothing happened.

The only thing that is kinda annoying, is how since tri. there is basically no Digimon fanfiction in the German fandom AT ALL that isn't a Taichi/Mimi or Takeru/Hikari romance (without Digimon making an appearance).

Oh, and also I do not get, how it is supposed to feel more "like Digimon", then Appmon or even Xros Wars (which I hated). Because to me it feels nothing like Digimon at all and more like a cliché shoujo or yosei series with Digimon tacked onto it, to be honest. I don't think there ever has been an entry within the Digimon anime, that to me felt less "like Digimon" then tri.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we are blessed it exists. We are lucky to have been given a continuation of something we love so much, and there have been several good things about it.
I am generally negative towards the final result, and grow more negative with each new part's release, but, hey, I got so many new hours of digimon that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for it. It is also by no means amongst the worst digimon films/series, we've had much worse overall.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For rejuvinating my interest in the franchise and putting Digimon back in the spotlight, yes, I'm absolutely glad Tri exists.

HOWEVER...

...I wish they'd hurry up and put it on UK Crunchyroll already. That's my one and only complaint with Tri. Aside from that I've enjoyed every instalment and have no issue with the direction its gone in.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, I don't really much really care about Tri even when it was announced because I had no respect for Toei for what they done with the series up to this point. And as every 'movie' passes it become more and more of a train wreck with barely anything explained and forced plot and characters.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad that we have more Digimon indeed, but tri. has been proven to be a bad idea overall. This is the result of the franchise being handed over to people who don't really care much about Digimon, but only about making easy money. As for the plot itself, It has so many incosistencies, and it doesn't make sense most of the ideas it has brought up so far. I don't really think it's even appealing for a long-time Digimon fan as I am. And by the way, Xros Wars and Appmon are way more "Digimon" than tri. For starters, tri. barely focuses the plot into the Digimon themselves, but more into the teenager dramas of the main cast, and as a consequence, the story just pops up in a very unnatural way. It's also the first shojo per se Digimon has got, while the other series have been shonen or a kodomo-shonen like Appmon. My only hope is that brilliant people like Kazumasa Habu, Chiaki Konaka, Hiroyuki Kakudo or Yuki Nakashima may handle the future Digimon series once tri. is finally over.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm enjoying it. Plus the more Digimon the better. It's also getting older fans back into the franchise, which App Monsters wont be able to do, rather bringing in new fans. Older fans are more likely to spend money on the figures, or the PS4 games for example. I guess little kids buy the Appmon chips or whatever but still. Or buying the DVDs of the movies them selves.

Plus seeing characters you saw as a kid 15 year ago also growing up is good stuff.

Last edited:

Tavo-Lobo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally not. I had a lot of expectations in a digimon focusing on the more mature characters being adults but I ended up wrong, some characters regressed after having personally evolved in the digiworld.

But for Toei / Bandai I think this is a very lucrative thing. As mentioned in this forum was something that they finally did after hunters, and that helped greatly to promote the sales of the various products related to the movies. And besides that they are launching several nostalgic things very often

I think tri helped a lot of digimon to get back more "active" again

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think there's any facet of the Digimon franchise, no matter how stupid, that I really wish didn't exist. For whatever reason, I like learning about Digimon, so it's nice that it continues expanding. So I'm glad that Tri exists. I don't even think it's really even a failure. People tend to exaggerate about how bad it is. The worst complaints they can come up with are the same defects that Digimon anime has always had. Hell, I think the creators did a good job of capturing the same sense of incoherence that Adventure and 02 suffered from.

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i agree with what most people say, i´m glad it exists, mostly since it really was one of the things that dragged Digimon out of the shadows again.
as for Tri itself, well they could have done a better job, action and teen drama is good and a main part of the series though as people said already, the plot ain´t the best.
atleast we got to know the original digidestinied more about Homeostasis and Yggdrasil expanding the world adventure is set in.

though we all should hold our horses till it´s over, who knows what they have planned.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think there's any facet of the Digimon franchise, no matter how stupid, that I really wish didn't exist. For whatever reason, I like learning about Digimon, so it's nice that it continues expanding. So I'm glad that Tri exists. I don't even think it's really even a failure. People tend to exaggerate about how bad it is. The worst complaints they can come up with are the same defects that Digimon anime has always had. Hell, I think the creators did a good job of capturing the same sense of inchorence that Adventure and 02 suffered from.
Not exactly what you’re talking about but that reminds that I really wish 02 had gotten a direct sequel. Unlike any other series 02 left a lot of stuff open ended. Demon not being truly defeated, Hikari and Ken’s connection to the dark ocean/dark world, Dagomon, Ryo could have been brought into the series and would have worked better in the Adventure universe than Tamers

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am glad that Tri did show. The older viewers like me is glad that Digimon is still around for us to watch. I was hoping for brand new enemies, and I am still hoping that they show the X-program in the last episode, but I am glad we see the tamers as older teens, and meet two of the original tamers too. It open the book on only two of them, and hoping the other three 3 show up too at some point.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I don't get the hate for "non fans making it" or whatever. I mean if they're none fans, they sure have looked into and learned a lot of lore for the series, even as far as Gatomon Mega trolling

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am not only glad it exists, I actively like Tri. I like Tri more than most Digimon series. It's not perfect, and the 02 kids thing is -weird-, but it's really fun and exciting. All of my hopes and dreams have been steadily coming true as Tri gets released. The final movie could still ruin it, I suppose, but I'm hopeful.