Are we going to get trio's true megas in Ghost Game?

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope we can get a Virus in the group again for the final forms. Still really disappointed that they pulled a bait-and-switch with Gammamon like that, though given how Lamortmon's turning more feral, maybe he could make a switch in turn. That, or Gammamon somehow goes full-circle after embracing his dark side or something. If nothing else, I suppose there's our Green Ranger Espimon (whom I can hope maintains a consistent attribute through its evo chain). Just spare us from having a repeat of the Adventure and Savers groups, for god's sake.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope we can get a Virus in the group again for the final forms. Still really disappointed that they pulled a bait-and-switch with Gammamon like that, though given how Lamortmon's turning more feral, maybe he could make a switch in turn. That, or Gammamon somehow goes full-circle after embracing his dark side or something. If nothing else, I suppose there's our Green Ranger Espimon (whom I can hope maintains a consistent attribute through its evo chain). Just spare us from having a repeat of the Adventure and Savers groups, for god's sake.
I could see Jellymon being a Virus type Mega if they embraced her potential to be Scylla/Carybidis. It fits with Frontier's transition from Ranamon to Calamaramon, but we shall see.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah agreed it'd be a bit of a let down to just use an existing mon- especially after the great designs that are the perfect levels but at least at the moment we cant rule that sort of possiblity out.

I mean something like Lamort>SaberLeo would be a huge let down for sure. But hey if we get megas revealed with the VV then grats on them for actually holding out on reveals.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have to wait for the next V-Pet which will probably come out when we get the Megas I'm very sure. & I'm also sure it'll be new mons. Of course.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah agreed it'd be a bit of a let down to just use an existing mon- especially after the great designs that are the perfect levels but at least at the moment we cant rule that sort of possiblity out.

I mean something like Lamort>SaberLeo would be a huge let down for sure. But hey if we get megas revealed with the VV then grats on them for actually holding out on reveals.

We have to wait for the next V-Pet which will probably come out when we get the Megas I'm very sure. & I'm also sure it'll be new mons. Of course.

I've been holding out on getting a Vital Bracelet for that reason. :

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about this and my current theory is that Angoramon's Ultimate (Mega) will be something goat-themed, maybe with a bit of a "devilish" aesthetic; and that Jellymon's final form will be called Medusamon, both referring to Medusozoa and continuing the Greek mythology theme from Thetismon. As for Gammamon... I have no idea. It's a dragon with a kind of space theme, maybe it'll turn into a big spaceship or something?

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about this and my current theory is that Angoramon's Ultimate (Mega) will be something goat-themed, maybe with a bit of a "devilish" aesthetic; and that Jellymon's final form will be called Medusamon, both referring to Medusozoa and continuing the Greek mythology theme from Thetismon. As for Gammamon... I have no idea. It's a dragon with a kind of space theme, maybe it'll turn into a big spaceship or something?
I like your ideas.

About Gammamon...I just can't see them not giving them another dragon knight type digimon. Is not what I want, but the popularity of the ones we had so far from polls to general mainstream expectations just tend to favor that sort of design. I just hope is distinct enough from all the other ones we already have. :/

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I'm sure part of the reason I haven't theorized about Gammamon's evolution is that I don't want to get my hopes up, only to be let down when it turns out to be Yet Another Dragon Man.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could see Jellymon being a Virus type Mega if they embraced her potential to be Scylla/Carybidis. It fits with Frontier's transition from Ranamon to Calamaramon, but we shall see.
what if Ghost Game becomes based and makes all the main character megas virus?

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what if Ghost Game becomes based and makes all the main character megas virus?
Gammamon will likely have multiple forms, or just be a Free attribute Mega.

LaMortmon already has a Beauty and the Beast theme, so if they do give him a unique Mega, I am curious as to what that means in practice.

Thetismon makes the most sense as a Virus attribute Mega, but will likely be Free.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is there any reason you're saying they'd be Free? I haven't seen any clues that Ghost Game is interested at all in using the Free attribute that's usually reserved for babies and armors

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

LaMortmon already has a Beauty and the Beast theme, so if they do give him a unique Mega, I am curious as to what that means in practice.

Thetismon makes the most sense as a Virus attribute Mega, but will likely be Free.

I see no reason for Angoramon's line to stop being Vaccine or Jellymon's to stop being Data.

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like it if the trio got Mega forms based on mythologies that haven't really been covered by Digimon in general. The only idea I had was a "Yemojamon" for Jellymon's Mega. For those who don't know, Yemoja is a river goddess in Yoruba mythology. (I mostly know her lore from SMITE tbh)

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I see no reason for Angoramon's line to stop being Vaccine or Jellymon's to stop being Data.
You sure about that? I mean, Lamortmon gives the impression that Angoramon's starting to go feral (and really, if the Virus Child is going to switch to a Vaccine, I can't see why the opposite can't be true for the Vaccine Child).

Shelly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am guessing that we will get a Holy Knight dragon digimon for Gamnamon and it will might based on Archangel Metatron. I could imagine him will be like UlforceVeedramon with angelic wings that looks very similar to Gallantmon: Crimson Mode and carrying a sword that's inspired by Victorygreymon's trident sword.

I think Angoramon's Mega Evo will be inspires by Rapidmon X and Cherbimon X (Good). Probably he will name after a Japanese god like Takemikazuchi (God of Swords and Thunder) or Hachiman (God of War). I could imagine him goes by Takemikamon or Hachimon, because there's a samurai and Sumo wrestling theme is going on with him.

For Jellymon's Mega Evo, I could see her Mega Evo will be a female counterpart to Marineangemon. Unlike Marineangemon, I think her design will be inspires by BeelStarmon and Angewomamon (for fanservice) with Blue Dragon Sea Slug as attributes for her design with a head piece that inspires Man O' War Jellyfish or wearing a coral crown. Maybe she will name after a water goddess or something.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Being the digimon fan only gives me such excitement in many different ways because you never know what Bandai decide at this "Roulette Wheel".

In short:

Gammamon's "Patterns": Will given obvious Star title name but Digimon's Type is very obvious for humanoid figure or not. Most likely another new "Dragon-Man" Digimon. That's all we know for two things...

Angoramon's patterns: Pretty much big impossible to tell since Lamortmon's name and appearance completely went all "alien" on it. Only the final puzzle will give us a big hint for his Ultimate form's name origin relating to its appearance/Type.

Jellymon's patterns: Big popular choices for Goddess greek or titan due to her Perfect form. Eh?

And should we include Espimon here?

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought of this idea for a name for Gammamon’s mega, since Canoweissmon is named after the second brightest star the mega should be named after the first brightest star Sirius, Siriumon.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, any variation of "Siriusmon" is super likely for the name of Gammamon's mega

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I said earlier that Gammamon's Virus typing feels like a fake-out given that Vaccines ended up becoming his "main" evolutions, but now I'm starting to wonder: what if Canoweissmon was actually the fake-out? Considering GulusGammamon became relevent again fairly recently, and there are no indications that Ghost Game's set to end anytime soon despite coming up on a year since its debut, I could see them taking the time to have Gammamon explore his dark evolution route, hopefully resulting in an alternate Perfect and subsequent Ultimate.

Kaleidos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I said earlier that Gammamon's Virus typing feels like a fake-out given that Vaccines ended up becoming his "main" evolutions, but now I'm starting to wonder: what if Canoweissmon was actually the fake-out? Considering GulusGammamon became relevent again fairly recently, and there are no indications that Ghost Game's set to end anytime soon despite coming up on a year since its debut, I could see them taking the time to have Gammamon explore his dark evolution route, hopefully resulting in an alternate Perfect and subsequent Ultimate.
The music for the end of the series has already been worked on and we've been sitting on level 5 for nearly half a year, that's a pretty large indicator that we're going to the finale in the coming months.